Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Divergent

These stupid plots are getting pretty boring now, still the movie was very enjoyable. And I didn't find the acting performances poor either, in fact it was very decent.

6.5/10

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Raid 2 8/10

Ah, a satisfying sequel.
Very good action choreography. Even villains got to show full potential and never seemed weaker than our hero any moment.
A bit stretched though but compensates with the jaw-dropping action it shows (seemed very much inspired by Godfather)

One thing is visibly clear....high production cost this time. I guess, with the success of first part they went full potential and the producer gave full support to the director. Sets look suave and sleek, CGI is really good. They know what they do best and what the audience is waiting to see so more importance was given to that....brutal action!

Must watch for sure.

P.S. can't forget 'hammer girl'!!! I've never seen such kind of use of a hammer in my life (no even Oldboy!) Best character of the movie!

- - - Updated - - -

American Hustle 5.5/10

All the points are only for Christian Bale. A very boring movie. Took me three attempts and a lot of walking (so that I don't fall asleep again) to finish this.

"The art of the steal" is a far better con movie than this.

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Divergent - crap load of a film 3/10 avoid it. they tried to make it like the hunger games. cant believe 3 more is coming out.

BTW suggest some slapstick comedy movies.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
oh wow Terry Gilliam moved from steampunk to cyberpunk, and it looks great. pushes look of The Fifth Element and Speed Racer/ Cloud Atlas to extreme.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Absentia - After Oculus, i decided to check the director's previous movie Absentia. Turned out to be even better. Slow horror. Might be boring to many but awesome for few. IMDB interpretations helped big time in comprehending.

Hrishi

Oculus - A good horror movie worth watching . A little mix up of memories but that's what keeps it alive.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Raid 2 8/10

Ah, a satisfying sequel.
Very good action choreography. Even villains got to show full potential and never seemed weaker than our hero any moment.
A bit stretched though but compensates with the jaw-dropping action it shows (seemed very much inspired by Godfather)

One thing is visibly clear....high production cost this time. I guess, with the success of first part they went full potential and the producer gave full support to the director. Sets look suave and sleek, CGI is really good. They know what they do best and what the audience is waiting to see so more importance was given to that....brutal action!

Must watch for sure.

P.S. can't forget 'hammer girl'!!! I've never seen such kind of use of a hammer in my life (no even Oldboy!) Best character of the movie!

High production value but the movie looked run-of-the-mill uninspired type.

First part is way better to me. It just appealed more to me, confined in a building and surviving against the horde.

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Kick 3/10
Friends dragged me along to see this crap. More of the same s*** you find in Salman Khan movies. I wonder why Nawazuddin signed for this movie.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Insidious Chapter II - 4/10

Compared to the original this one disappointed me. I hate it when horror movies begin to explain too much details & give out back-stories, its much better when the scary stuff happens without a reason.

Insidious 6.5/10

I see some people recommending Oculus here, I'll try that next.

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
Kick 4.5/10
I was expecting a real entertainer like the Telugu one was. Too be honest except for the last 30 minutes I didn't find this movie that great.
Atleast some mindless movies are entertaining. This didn't look that entertaining too me.

icebags

Technomancer
For Kolkata dwellers, Japanese consulate is arranging j movie festival @ Nandan-2 for first 3 days in August. Fanboys and fangirls, those who want to enjoy the same in big screen with original j audio and e subs, may march ahead and form up a Q at Rabindra Sadan from this Friday afternoon. Show will start probably @ 3:00pm.

*s.yimg.com/lq/i/mesg/emoticons7/37.gif

[MENTION=870]rhitwick[/MENTION] Dont forget to take wife if u go out. :p

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
For Kolkata dwellers, Japanese consulate is arranging j movie festival @ Nandan-2 for first 3 days in August. Fanboys and fangirls, those who want to enjoy the same in big screen with original j audio and e subs, may march ahead and form up a Q at Rabindra Sadan from this Friday afternoon. Show will start probably @ 3:00pm.

Will try to visit. Shifting house this weekend, so not sure if I would get time.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

:cryeyesout:

i want to be there too

Top Bottom