Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

pratik385

In the zone
Hows bhootnath returns ? Anybody?

Seen it, I really liked it! Songs and acting wise.. - 7.5/10
Film with a message at a very right time ;)

- - - Updated - - -

The Secret life of Walter Mitty - 8/10
After a long time a very different movie..Really enjoyed the Cinematography!
Ben's best work yet..funny and out of the box.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
i think we can safely say that despite its name, this thread has become the discussion point for all movie related stuff, whether must watch or otherwise. i see no problem with that. if it could be updated to "the movie thread" , that would be fine

quan chi

mortal kombat
OT: Rajkumar santoshi is trying very hard to re-create the Andaaz Apna Apna magic. I think he knows that repeating same thing again is not going to help still he went for it.
phata poster nikla hero is rushed it could have been a good movie. Moreover it was a bad idea to make shahid do what aamir/salman did in andaaz apna apna.

ajayritik

Technomancer
what is it doing here then...shouldn't it be in 'Must Not watch' thread ?? :/
I see many people visiting this thread than the other one. Also I think there has been quite a debate on what should be posted in this thread
People are becoming lazy
I'm Sorry buddy I wasn't lazy to post it here. As mentioned since people frequent this thread more than the other one I wanted to warn anybody planning to watch this movie.
OT: Rajkumar santoshi is trying very hard to re-create the Andaaz Apna Apna magic. I think he knows that repeating same thing again is not going to help still he went for it.
phata poster nikla hero is rushed it could have been a good movie. Moreover it was a bad idea to make shahid do what aamir/salman did in andaaz apna apna.
I think R. Santhoshi did ok with Ajab Prem Ki Gazab Kahani, however it was Ranbir Kapoor responsible for making the movie watchable.
It's high time Shahid Kapur realizes that he can't fit into any role. Anyways I dont think any other actor would have made the movie work either.

quan chi

mortal kombat
I think R. Santhoshi did ok with Ajab Prem Ki Gazab Kahani, however it was Ranbir Kapoor responsible for making the movie watchable.
It's high time Shahid Kapur realizes that he can't fit into any role. Anyways I dont think any other actor would have made the movie work either.
I never liked ranbir that much only liked him in 1 or 2 movies & ajab prem ki.... is not one of them.
katrina was completely intolerable there. Another reason is that it was over hyped to be equivalent to andaz apna apna. Therefore my expectations were also high.

abhidev

Human Spambot
I see many people visiting this thread than the other one. Also I think there has been quite a debate on what should be posted in this thread

That's probably ppl don't bother whats must not watch.... :D but posting must not watch movies in this thread is simply spoiling the intent of this thread :)

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Watched Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9/10 A solid Political Thriller , great addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe , best movie of phase 2 , I will not call it better than Avengers but it was around there . For me its the third best in the Marvel movies (behind Avengers and Iron Man) . The story was brilliant , other marvel writers should take some clues from here . Direction was great , Russo brother did an awesome job . Action was another solid aspect and showed that good action can still be done without huge CGI.On Acting front I think it was a step up , Chris Evans played Steve Rogers with heart and soul , Scarlet now looks and acts like Black Widow , Robert Redford , Anthony Mackie were fine in their roles . Sebastian Stan did all he could and was menacing as the Winter soldier . The Winter soldier arc was the only thing which I think was slightly weak in the movie but we will get more of Bucky in Cap3 . Samuel Jackson was just being Samuel Jackson :D .I think this was a right way to go in terms of story and characters . Looking Forward to Age of Ultron . (Guardains of Galaxy is not related to Age of Ultron)

P.S. Quicksilver , Scarlet Witch and Baron Von Strucker looked brilliant .

oh and

HAIL HYDRA

quan chi

mortal kombat
Love,sex aur dhoka
Dibakar banerjee did it good. You will be glued to your seat till the end but I think the ending could have been a bit better it just looked bland. Overall a good movie if you have not seen it yet then you can go for it.

harsh1387

Broken In
Snowpiercer -
Saw it after good ratings by many people. Performances are OK but story is kinda weak and climax is plain ridiculous.
Rating - 5/10

quan chi

mortal kombat
Rosemary's baby
One of the best intelligent Horror/suspense movies out there. Awesome acting & direction. Salute to roman polanski, mia farrow & others. I hate mindless gore flicks they show in the name of horror.

Flash

Lost in speed
Pacific Rim
Cool CGI, Wonderful acting by Ilba, but a twisting story. Lets see what Pacifim Rim 2 holds.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hotel Transylvania (2012) - IMDb Nice cartoon movie on the creepy creatures ;) 6/10

Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers (1988) - IMDb - see only if liked the first part. 5 /10

Flash

Lost in speed
You found someone acting in THAT movie?! Strange!!!
In my childhood, i was inspired by the mecha warriors, and the mechagodzilla :mrgreen: , so i sort of like Pacific rim not for his storyline but for the top-notch CGI and the monster fights.

They've messed with the storyline, just like the Kaiju's messed with the portal breach under pacific ocean :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Hotel Transylvania (2012) - IMDb Nice cartoon movie on the creepy creatures ;) 6/10
The way he speak like leslie nielsen's Dracula is way cool ;)

Top Bottom