Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

icebags

Technomancer
subs at theater is distraction, but 3d with seat among the front side tiers sux :-x .

combine both and u're sure to miss many actions.

In that case you'll have to learn Korean to understand Korean movies! And then Japanese.

there aint any of those movies in the theaters here, so we r safe.

subs are ok with brain chewing movies like inception or like those parallel story movies, but they simply ruin the experience of action movies.

Last edited:

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
nowadays i dont watch any movie/tv series without subs simply because i dont want to miss a single dialogue. not only the accent, sometimes its not possible to catch cultural references being said without subtitles. of course, once i am repeating any movie/tv i dont feel the need for subtitle as i have concentrated hard to understand eveything on first viewing

a_medico

Chillum Baba
With subs, my understanding of a movie is almost 98-99% (or say 98.6 percent if i use sam's rating). Without subs, it drops to 80 percent for a straightfwd movie and 40-60 percent for a complicated movie.

flyingcow

Shibe
subs? why the hell not...when ever i watch something with no subs i feel like im in a place im not supposed to be, subs make me feel comfortable
but ive noticed that subs arent necessary most of the time when using headphones

ajayritik

Technomancer
I don't understand this thing why Multiplexes are so keen to screen movies with 3D format. Except for few movies I hardly see any reason for watching it in 3D.
I wanted to watch Captain America with my kiddo and I see there are hardly any shows for 2D format.

With Regards to subtitles I normally prefer watching English movies with subtitles.

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Watched Odd Thomas (2013) - IMDb recently. Seemed like an average effort to blend horror and comedy at first but got better as it progressed and eventually turned out to be an unexpectedly good one with a fantastically twisty and touching ending. Not a must watch but worth watching especially for the ending. And avoid spoilers at all costs or you'd end up liking it much less than you actually would have.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
there aint any of those movies in the theaters here, so we r safe.

subs are ok with brain chewing movies like inception or like those parallel story movies, but they simply ruin the experience of action movies.

Naah...you are ok without those movies.:lol:

R2K

In the Zone
You just can't watch British movies without subtitles. Sometimes the accent is really hard to understand.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I don't understand this thing why Multiplexes are so keen to screen movies with 3D format. Except for few movies I hardly see any reason for watching it in 3D.
I wanted to watch Captain America with my kiddo and I see there are hardly any shows for 2D format.
3D is for KIDS dude :lol:
Try a TV series called Misfits and tell me if you can understand a single word of this character called Kelly Bailey without subs ...... .....".lovely British accent" ....lol ...
and BTW the TV series is also one rocking show ....
Oh no, I ain't watching it, if you haven't understood I might not too. I said lovely, cause after hearing pathetic American craplish I find it lovely.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
I can understand a movie like Gravity being in 3d , but in superhero movies 3d is unnecessary. In fact, one of the reasons i could not like the Amazing spiderman as much as i wanted is that i watched it in 3d. No matter of 3d content could recreate the heartfelt and emotional ride that was Spiderman 1(2002).

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
hate the shitty hindi dubbing and shitty renaming of hollywood titles.

from Captain America: The Winter Soldier to "Captain America: Mahaa Dabang". WTF?? :mad:

Top Bottom