Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Cap America 2 TWS - 9/10
The best phase 2 movie yet. Also loved the after credit scene. Everything from plot to actors were excellent..Was tempted to rate it more but thanks to Imax Adlabs who had to add subtitles like an a$$ during the movie which was a serious distraction. Is this a regular thing now to add subtitles in freaking theatres?PLEASE STOP!!

icebags

Technomancer
i hope they make a black widow movie ..... something like a spy story of trust betrayal and vengeance. she has already hinted that she got a tale to tell, and i made up the perfect name of the movie..... curse of the black widow. :hyper:

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
i hope they make a black widow movie ..... something like a spy story of trust betrayal and vengeance. she has already hinted that she got a tale to tell, and i made up the perfect name of the movie..... curse of the black widow. :hyper:

Or The Red in the Ledger .

quan chi

mortal kombat
Bombay talkies
I was going to put it in must not thread. Maybe I was expecting a bit more. 100 years of indian cinema. Is it not fair to keep your expectations high?Anyways amazingly karan johar's segment was the best amongst the others.(A certain scene was not necessary but he forced it for.... well you can understand....:wink:). Dibakar banerjee was okay.

Last edited:

harsh1387

Broken In
Captain America - The Winter Soldier
Simply loved it. Guess its the best one after Avengers. Not a single dull moment. Good story line and awesome action scenes. Honestly, first one was so meh i had low hopes from this one and was pleasantly surprised. Must watch.
3d was a waste as this was more of a 2d.

Any link to see post credit scene as I was in a hurry so missed it?

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Was tempted to rate it more but thanks to Imax Adlabs who had to add subtitles like an a$$ during the movie which was a serious distraction. Is this a regular thing now to add subtitles in freaking theatres?PLEASE STOP!!

Are they now! Wow...i always wanted to watch english movies with subtitles on big screen in cinema! Cant comprehend few words, though the situation now is a bit better than earlier, when I could comprehend only fight and xxx scenes in a hollywood movie.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Captain America - The Winter Soldier
Simply loved it. Guess its the best one after Avengers. Not a single dull moment. Good story line and awesome action scenes. Honestly, first one was so meh i had low hopes from this one and was pleasantly surprised. Must watch.
3d was a waste as this was more of a 2d.

Any link to see post credit scene as I was in a hurry so missed it?

It is being removed by youtube ... there were around 5 version uploaded , will post it if I find them again .

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Are they now! Wow...i always wanted to watch english movies with subtitles on big screen in cinema! Cant comprehend few words, though the situation now is a bit better than earlier, when I could comprehend only fight and xxx scenes in a hollywood movie.

Well, my point of distraction is that instead of watching the movie, you end up reading the subtitles..Also subtitles sometimes go way ahead of the delivery of dialogues by actors...

Inceptionist

Journeyman
Cap America 2 TWS - 9/10
The best phase 2 movie yet. Also loved the after credit scene. Everything from plot to actors were excellent..Was tempted to rate it more but thanks to Imax Adlabs who had to add subtitles like an a$$ during the movie which was a serious distraction. Is this a regular thing now to add subtitles in freaking theatres?PLEASE STOP!!

Dude, just think of deaf people. Are they not allowed to enjoy a movie?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Subtitles in theaters? No offence to deaf people, but I don't want that!
Hoping the trend doesn't catch up in Delhi! :(

moniker

Broken In
I've gotten used to watching movies with subs on my laptop. So much so that I have trained myself to concentrate on what's happening on the screen and take a slight peek at the subs only at that moment someone speaks something that I couldn't catch! :p So having subs in the cinema wouldn't bother me.

Even if the accents are crystal clear, the one thing I never pick up are the names. What the characters call each other, I'm able to understand only through the subs.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Well, my point of distraction is that instead of watching the movie, you end up reading the subtitles..Also subtitles sometimes go way ahead of the delivery of dialogues by actors...

In that case you'll have to learn Korean to understand Korean movies! And then Japanese.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well I have never had any problem understanding pathetic American accent in US, and anyone understands lovely British accent, so didn't have any problem in UK either, but while watching movies, I can never understand 100% dialogues without subtitle. So it's a must for me. I have some friends who keep saying how the frak do I tolerate subtitles, well, I don't reply to them, but when I go to my friend's home or in a theatre to watch a movie, and miss a word or two, and ask that same subtitle hating friend about what's I just missed, the reply always comes like....umm....umm...ummm....

Also subtitles never distract me, as I only look at it when I don't understand a word, other times, which is mostly, why would I bother!

If I don't get all the words of a movie (by all of them I mean ALL OF THEM), I simply don't watch it, and without subtitle that's not possible for me. Now if it were Chennai Express or Dhoom 3, I am okay with muted audio too :|

This comment was meant for my half Indi-half British subtitle hater friends :cool:

Top Bottom