Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

icebags

Technomancer
Lol , you just named the two characters of the movie :p , Its Captain america : The Winter soldier , Oh and did you see the post credit scenes ?

yes, octopus got a king and a queen. next episode of captain america has just got a plot exciting...... :hyper:

^^will be a comedy riot.

cap's series isn't a comedy line, thats iron man's and till some extent thor's .

cap one got a bit mysterious and a little dark theme. hulk's one got agony, and avengers is comedy chaos. :D

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
yes, octopus got a king and a queen. next episode of captain america has just got a plot exciting...... :hyper:

I dont know what you are talking about , but the 1st post credit scene showed :
Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch using their powers , they will be the new adition to the Avengers team in Age of ultron

The 2nd scene was :
Winter Soldier reading his true name Bucky Barnes , setting up events for Cap3 .

icebags

Technomancer
I dont know what you are talking about , but the 1st post credit scene showed :
Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch using their powers , they will be the new adition to the Avengers team in Age of ultron

yes, was referring them, thought it was for CA next installment.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
In the heat of the night 8.5/10

After a long time saw a really good movie.
This excels in every department story, acting (kudos to Rod Steiger in the role of Gillespie), direction and what not!

Can't help but mention an incident that proves the eye to detail for this movie
In one scene Tibbs is attacked by four goons. All of them are coming from different corner of the room(the room is an warehouse). One guy lifts a chain and starts shaking it, one guy finds a iron rod and suddenly hits drum. Camera immediately shifts to the earlier goon who held the chain. We see him getting startled by the sudden noise. This one scene proves how much details the director kept an eye on.
Why I'm too fussy of the scene?
The goons, in the scene, chases Tibbs and enter a random warehouse. None are aware of the surroundings, everyone picks up whatever they find on the way. Also making sounds was never in part of their plan so a sudden noise is sure to startle them.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
The Past (2013) - A slow movie focussing on human relationship to be enjoyed preferably in solitude.

8 / 10

Le passé (2013) - IMDb

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Angels & Demons (2009) - IMDb - great thriller movie and you won'y get a hint who is the actual villain till the ending :D The atmosphere of suspense it creates is simply superb and don't forget Tom Hanks's excellent performance. 8/10.

Neuron

Electronic.
Intouchables (2011) - IMDb .Must watch. Had plenty of laughs and smiles.
El espinazo del diablo (2001) - IMDb. (The devil's backbone) If you like mild horror films you'll love this.
Serenity (2005) - IMDb. A brilliant sci-fi movie i didn't even know existed for such a long time.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Captain America : Winter Solider ...... wow what a punch. For me this was the best avenger movie after the avengers and Iron Man 1. The plot was good, action choreography was impeccable. Reference to other avengers was a nice touch. Nick Fury escape sequence gave me goose bumps.... it was so damm exciting ......... I only felt the climax action sequence was a tad toned down as compared to the rest of the movie. Over all I was glued to the seat the entire movie (even though it was a bit longer than the usual Hollywood stuff)............7/10 for this one.

Waiting for The amazing spider man - 2... :D

Woah !! Where are the 6.9s :wink: ?? :))

abhidev

Human Spambot
Captain America - The Winter Soldier - 7.5/10 Awesome action, good story, superb dialogues especially of Black Widow :D...good background score...felt like now Captain America has finally taken the position to give orders...a must watch.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Captain America: The Winter soldier(3D)

I don't know if I will write a review. However I will put some of my views.

1.Please as usual avoid 3D its not good at all.(I was not the one who opted for 3D). Watch the amazing spider man 2 in 3d (if you want to :D).In the preview it looked awesome in 3D.

2. Overall this movie is not much different from The first avenger. If you hated the first movie you may end up hating it too.

3. Good story,action & drama.

4. If you have not seen the first movie & still interested in this one then better see the first avenger first. Otherwise you wont get some parts.

5. Definitely better than not so good Ironman 3.

As usual watch it till the end. They show two after credit scenes the last one can be missed but the second last one is good.

Last edited:

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
LoL the Hail Hydra line has become a meme now , in less than 24 hrs after Cap2's US release it got over 2200 tweets .

HAIL HYDRA !!! :))

Top Bottom