Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

quan chi

mortal kombat
Mere Brother Ki Dulhan
Only ali zafar knows how to act (among the other lead artists).
his comic timings and the skills were completely wasted by the director.

The film could have been better if it was directed properly and most importantly if they had selected some better actors.
some dialogues are downright ugly or inappropriate.

Only watch if you are a fan of light moment movies(light comedy) or have nothing else to watch in this genre.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Real Steel.

Really awesome. Awesome background score specially the track "Till I collapse" by Eminem.
Story is amazing. It's Rocky Balboa meets Iron-Man in a way! My rating - 4/5.

I have a review up on my blog.

Anish

Spectre
The usual suspects : 9.3/10

Just awesome.. It runs for ~ 1hr and 45 minutes. Watch it for about 1 hr and 20minutes and try to avoid the climax (actually you wont)

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Captain America 8/10....it has a good plot...good acting...everything packaged well...overall a must watch..wanted to see this in theater but couldn't because of the dispute...it was worth watching in theaters...

clmlbx

Technomancer
Cars 2. :: 7/10

Really Nice Movie, it was truly made for only commercial Gain, I really missed that perfection of animation,characters.. But in short it was entertain-able but not up to the mark I expected.Problems are only their if u see technically.. like animation is not up to the mark.. Over all Nice , watchable.

pratik385

In the zone
I didnt actually mean to say "skip the climax"... I say "you will surely resist to skip the climax"
okay
also check American Beauty, another Spacey classic and you will repeat "skip the climax" again :D

ithehappy

Human Spambot
X-Men: First Class. Nice movie.
Thanks to all who mentioned it here.

X-Men: First Class (2011) - IMDb

Super 8. :!:
My rating would be 5.

Super 8 (2011) - IMDb

mitraark

Decrepit
Mr.Perfect is the best Telugu movie i have seen till now :D Yes i have not seen much of telugu films but this one is surely very good !!!! We'll Definitely get a Bangla remake of this in a few years :D

clmlbx

Technomancer
Flipped :: 7/10

Movie is about two 7th or 8th Graders who feel affection towards each other. This is the story how they came to that conclusion. This movie has lot of Narration. Every scene/shot has been shown Twice because it has Two version. Girl version and Boy version. this is a nice movie with total time Pass without feeling Bored for a moment,..Despite of Narration Movie does not become Bored or just Passing , you always know what is happening and u enjoy it. But this kinda Movie should be seen with Mood, Mood of Drama,Family Love,childhood,Good old Days then only u will enjoy at most.

Caution Never watch this movie if you are in mood of some Serious movie,Or very Excited about. Otherwise you will Hate it..

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Finally someone in the forum watched Flipped!! Its an awesome movie, right??Brilliant narration!! And the performance by both the leads is awe...wait for it...some!!;-):grin:..

But I dont like your last statement. Its a serious movie, may be not very serious!!

clmlbx

Technomancer
Well IMO it is not serious at all. It is fine Drama. how two school goers start liking each other. I said that as mostly here like to watch some very serious movies(comparing to this.)

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Hey me too..most of the times I prefer drama over the run-of-the-mill comedies(though movies based on comics & graphic novels intrigue me the most) but I wouldn't call a movie "not serious" as the leads are "two school goers" & how "they start to like each other". But thats me. I guess others would differ with my opinion.

Yesterday watched Confessions. I had the movie in my HDD for the past 4 months or so but couldn't find the time but glad I finally watched it yesterday. I don't wanna spoil it for those who might watch the movie but its a very good thriller!! Hope sam9s gives a good review of it provided he is into Jap movies.

Top Bottom