Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

clmlbx

Technomancer
By saying Mission Complete I didn't meant hero wins or say in this case, he kills the killer. Any sensible movie is 6-6+ but I rate above that only on How entertaining it is. I am not at all fan of two type of movies 1. slow Movies, 2. Incomplete, In sense I am only interested in movie which also shows outcome of Journey, and not just journey. Memento is that type of movie..(well, I don't even remember it I saw it years ago.).

Sensible, Intelligent movies are gr8 but it definitely should be Entertaining or else it's purpose is lost.

yes even I felt Green Hornet was better then Green Lantern.. About Green Lantern, Well It looks like a start of a long story.. so it is good. Green Lantern :: 7/10

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer
I love changes, I just like to see an end, then what ever it is I don't care (even evil wins). About that entertaining factor, I think I should see that once again,( movie with such an High ratings) As I just remember the plot and nothing more about that movie..

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@Sam, Memento sure can not be called having an original theme but what makes it a milestone is the narration.

Mindblowing and pathbreaking!

It can be entertaining to people who are looking for something like this but who want mere entertainment and is really not interested to involve their brain at that moment can find it stressing.

Super 8 5.8/10

Howe much rating can be given to a movie only having a good train crash scene? 5 may be! Add to it occasional surprises and it reaches 7...then deduct the story and dialogs...u r left at 5 again.

So, 5.8 is too much for it.

My friend in US saw it month back, he told I could get out once the train crashing scene is over....well, if not that soon you sure should get out of theater before climax (or as soon as they enter that crate)...then ur review would rate it close to 8.

Story: A violent representation of E.T or more accurate Paul. There that is the spoiler. I've told you everything.

I'm more pissed off at this as the kind of effort and dedication I showed to catch this movie last night, if only 10% of the same the writers could have shown to the movie.

(To catch a 9PM show I left early from office 6.30PM. Sudden heavy rain but I had to reach theater so went out in the rain. Soaked top to bottom, as if I stay in a pond and came out today only because its raining.
Then a 1.5 hrs long bus journey in the wet clothes. Reach home and somehow change and go for movie running..........shame on me)

quan chi

mortal kombat
If you didnt liked memento then watch "following" nolan's first feature film.
You can say its a simplified version of memento.

pratik385

In the zone
True Grit (2010) :: 7/10

Godfather Triology
Shindler list
Forest Gump
The last king of scotland

and many more total of 30 at least unseen movies

Memento :: 6/10

I really didn't like this movie, I really like to see "mission complete" at end of story.. what this movie is not about. For the First time I really felt Ghajini was better then Org.

dude, watch forest gumps and schinders list, both are EPIC

and momento dont deserve 6/10 yaar, this movie has class of its own. Nobody would have presented in the way, chris has. EPIC

If you didnt liked memento then watch "following" nolan's first feature film.
You can say its a simplified version of memento.

Following, hows it? ive it but havent watch. is it mind fcuk ?
what about Pi?

@Sam, Memento sure can not be called having an original theme but what makes it a milestone is the narration.

Mindblowing and pathbreaking!

It can be entertaining to people who are looking for something like this but who want mere entertainment and is really not interested to involve their brain at that moment can find it stressing.

Super 8 5.8/10

Howe much rating can be given to a movie only having a good train crash scene? 5 may be! Add to it occasional surprises and it reaches 7...then deduct the story and dialogs...u r left at 5 again.

So, 5.8 is too much for it.

My friend in US saw it month back, he told I could get out once the train crashing scene is over....well, if not that soon you sure should get out of theater before climax (or as soon as they enter that crate)...then ur review would rate it close to 8.

Story: A violent representation of E.T or more accurate Paul. There that is the spoiler. I've told you everything.

I'm more pissed off at this as the kind of effort and dedication I showed to catch this movie last night, if only 10% of the same the writers could have shown to the movie.

(To catch a 9PM show I left early from office 6.30PM. Sudden heavy rain but I had to reach theater so went out in the rain. Soaked top to bottom, as if I stay in a pond and came out today only because its raining.
Then a 1.5 hrs long bus journey in the wet clothes. Reach home and somehow change and go for movie running..........shame on me)

Oh boy :(
Super was bad but rating shown in imdb and rt are around 8/10 :O
sometime imdb and rt can fail ;)

quan chi

mortal kombat
Following, hows it? ive it but havent watch. is it mind fcuk ?
what about Pi?
it has a simple and a tricky story with an as usual a twist in the climax.This one also does not follow the chronological order but is simple and interesting enough to keep you glued to your seat.

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Green Lantern .... We are getting pretty sensible movies now on Super Heroes from Hollywood, which tends more to be plot oriented and character driven rather then only on the action and CGI. GL, however end up somewhere in between, its not a total disaster but neither is it some ground breaking cinema. The plot is ok, we have an intergalactic peace keeping force that keeps a watch on the universe and chooses a Green Lantern from every part of the same to protect that particular sector. After a disaster in one of the sectors the peacekeeper who crash lands on earth has to choose his accomplice, which is where our hero comes in. Rest is predictable. Action is also ok and CGI obviously had to be good in this type of Cinema. Overall it was just one move that you can casually watch. ....... 6/10 for me. In comparison, I liked Green Hornet a wee bit better, coz of the humor and performance by Seth Roghan

Guys does the extended version contain any sex/nudity scenes...
coz im gonna watch it with my brother...

btw pl dont say the movie is crap dont watch it .i already Dled it

clmlbx

Technomancer
I don't remember any nudity scene in movie. Go ahead. No one said it is a crap movie. It is that we, specially me, was expecting much from that film since I got news about movie, saw trailers.. It was not up to the expectations but it is a good movie to wath

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Green Lantern 7/10

Watched the extended cut. No nudity...not even a kiss...let me think did I saw even holding hands?...........Nah!

The movie is good, at least the kind of bad reviews I was listening, its better than that. It has a shaky and boring start.
First 11 minutes...Hal's father dies. Next 11 minutes Hals is close to dying and the images of his father dying comes to him in slow motion. So you get to see first 11 minutes again in next 11 minutes. (I checked the time stamps...don't argue with me)

Rest are ok. Training session could have been a bit more may be. CGI and action is good. Climax fighting ends too son. Not satisfied.

When I think back, in 2 hrs of runtime he actually fought with one bad person....hmmm bad from superhero standards.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Mausam = [(Blue Star - Ahmadabad) x (Riots + Terrorist Attacks) x (Impossible Bad luck + Pathetic Coincidence)] x 2.5 Hours

What the heck was the director thinking. I am sure many people pulled out chairs when they went to the cinema halls. Am just sure.

quan chi

mortal kombat
BTW, why is the movie in B&W and specific reason .....

This might answer your query.*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Following.:)

Captain america

Earlier i had thought to skip this movie.But decided to go for it keeping the avengers in mind.To be honest the movie is quite good!

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Am I the only one who watched "Super 8"....no more updates on this. Need to know opinions.
I am searching for it for weeks, can't find a DVD release anywhere!

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. Jeez, how could I miss it! Loved it damn...maybe coz I am related, whatever....I'd give it 7. Gonna see the '87 version too.
Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (2010) - IMDb

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
The reason why Salman Khan movies are hit despite being weird/crap is because Salman has more fans than SRK and Aamir combined.

Even I'm a Salman Khan fan. lol. :p

Top Bottom