Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Mr.Perfect is the best Telugu movie i have seen till now :D Yes i have not seen much of telugu films but this one is surely very good !!!! We'll Definitely get a Bangla remake of this in a few years :D

Nowadays Bengali movies doing pretty good without any help from south Indian films/remake.Films like Rang Milanti, 22 Se srabon,Icche and Chaplin making a new horizon.Now producer can make faith on young talents i.e. actors,directors and script writers
Rang Milanti-10/10
22 Se Srabon-9.5/10
Icche-9/10
Chaplin-9/10

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Re: The Movie Review Thread

stonecaper-Nice review and very nice movie it is super duper hit.:p

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Horrible Bosses - Had a good laugh with this one. Anyone out here who has seen the extended version, comment on what's the added content?

Mardi Gras Spring Break - Good afternoon sex comedy.

Wrong Turn 3: Left for Dead - Been a while since I had seen the first 2, but caught up with it's trailer recently, so decided to pick it up. Good set up & decent amount of gore scenes.

Wrong Turn 4: Bloody Beginnings - A prequel to the Wrong Turn series. Excellent gore and the whole mental asylum set up was pretty creepy. But the acting and dialogues was puke-worthy.

Dagon - Based on H.P. Lovercraft's novel, this movie was extremely atmospheric. Also, this movie had one of the best and the most brutal skinning scene I have ever seen. I remember playing a game called 'Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth' back in 2007, which was on the same lines. Definitely recommended.

The Howling: Reborn - Don't bother. Skip this one and re-watch (or watch) the first Howling if possible.

Captain America: The First Avenger - Uber-suckage. Out of the last 2 Marvel comic based movies that came out (Thor & Green Lantern), this one takes the cake of being the most pathetic attempt of them all. Poor action, boring story, ridiculous script...you get the story right? Hugo Weaving was wasted.

Bereavement - Average horror/thriller movie. It had a good potential, but the end really killed it. Also, having Alexandra Daddario and no tits = fail! :grin:

Hostel Part II - I'm not sure why Eli Roth is even allowed to make movies. Hostel was rubbish. This movie was slightly better. The complete premise and motive of the first movie is described in the first 10 minutes of this film, which is apparently carried forward in this movie too. So you'll have blood, gore, Americans being abducted in Europe and then some more blood and gore.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

@ All Delly belly lovers, please watch Pyar ka Punchnama, DB is simply crap when compared to it. Especially the story part.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Captain America: The First Avenger - Uber-suckage. Out of the last 2 Marvel comic based movies that came out (Thor & Green Lantern), this one takes the cake of being the most pathetic attempt of them all. Poor action, boring story, ridiculous script...you get the story right? Hugo Weaving was wasted.

:rofl:...Dude are you HIGH or completely ignorant that Green Lantern is a DC franchise!! Marvel doesn't have anything to do with Green Lantern!!

Its very easy to remember - Green Lantern is in Justice League(DC franchise) not in Avengers(Marvel). Boy you do not follow comics at all.

And take it from a guy who is a hardcore follower of Cap - this movie has done justice to Cap barring some details, but then again its a movie so you don't expect it to follow all the details from the comics.

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^:wink:..hehe..I'm an ardent follower of Supes, Cap & Spiderman. I had around 400 issues of The Amazing Spiderman right from the 1st issue(1962/3). Supes was too hard to collect as its the oldest of the lot. Cap had very few relevant issues so no problems at all getting all the major issues. My folks used to get annoyed when I used to see/notice some rare issues in any comics store.:D..

Watch it. You would be surprised!

Oh that means you've watched the flick!! Enjoyed?? I really enjoyed all the dialogues by the female Teacher - Moriguchi.

quan chi

mortal kombat
I completely disagree here.I atfirst had lowest expectation from this movie.but it turned out to be different.To be honest story and script wise this is far better than thor.

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Same here. Frankly speaking I wasn't expecting much from both Thor & Cap but both the movies had good character development especially Cap.

Of all the movies in his list I'm surprised Cap had the adjective "uber-suckage", mind you the list includes Wrong Turn 3 & 4 which are more apt for above mentioned adjective.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

First : This is a movie review thread. Post reviews only
Second: Post your reason why you say one movie crap and another not!
Third: Do that in "Must watch..." thread.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
:rofl:...Dude are you HIGH or completely ignorant that Green Lantern is a DC franchise!! Marvel doesn't have anything to do with Green Lantern!!
My mistake. I must have got it mixed up, since I was jotting the list down in a hurry. So NO, I wasn't high, nor am I ignorant.

Its very easy to remember - Green Lantern is in Justice League(DC franchise) not in Avengers(Marvel). Boy you do not follow comics at all.
I have never followed a single marvel comic, except may be a few editions of Spider-man, but that's about it. Batman was the only other comic I followed as a kid.

And take it from a guy who is a hardcore follower of Cap - this movie has done justice to Cap barring some details, but then again its a movie so you don't expect it to follow all the details from the comics.
Forget the comic book for a minute here and analyze on what exactly was offered in this film, which was worth mentioning?

quan chi

mortal kombat
Forget the comic book for a minute here and analyze on what exactly was offered in this film, which was worth mentioning?
Sorry to intervene....Can i also put my views here.:D if yes then read on otherwise please neglect the post.:grin:

It has offered a lot than expected.

1.It has a well blend of fiction and reality.(read hitler and his crazy ideas to motivate his soldiers and ww2)
2.Perhaps after batman this character had me impressed.He is just a super metabolically enhanced another human being who can do almost everything a normal human being can do but at a much better rate.
3.As posted by ssb1551 character development
4.The story does makes sense and the connection is never lost.
5.Dialogues or script is much better than other movies of the same genre.
6.The transformation of a sickly Steve Rogers into captain america.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Sorry to intervene....Can i also put my views here.:D if yes then read on otherwise please neglect the post.:grin:

It has offered a lot than expected.

1.It has a well blend of fiction and reality.(read hitler and his crazy ideas to motivate his soldiers and ww2)
2.Perhaps after batman this character had me impressed.He is just a super metabolically enhanced another human being who can do almost everything a normal human being can do but at a much better rate.
3.As posted by ssb1551 character development
4.The story does makes sense and the connection is never lost.
5.Dialogues or script is much better than other movies of the same genre.
6.The transformation of a sickly Steve Rogers into captain america.

thanks quan chi for intervening!! 'cause I aint an articulate guy & I couldn't have had put it the way you did & trust me when I try I sound pleonastic.:wink:

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
OMG... I can't believe some people found Captain America NOT boring.. It was such a BS movie. :|

pratik385

In the zone
^^Finally someone in the forum watched Flipped!! Its an awesome movie, right??Brilliant narration!! And the performance by both the leads is awe...wait for it...some!!..

But I dont like your last statement. Its a serious movie, may be not very serious!!

Oye ive seen this movie months ago :D
yeah it is good movie, i really like the way it is presented.

Though I havent seen Cap America yet and Thor (both of them are there in my lib though) but some how I have a feeling that I will second this opinion.

Watch Thor, you will be surprised !
Its really Great movie :)
8/10

Transformers 3 : 7/10. Gosh, it is so darn long.

I was waiting for this movie from ages but Bay ruined it again :(
Its long and story was really bad.
LOL No one can kick Prime's ass (in cartoon series) and (in movie) LOL :D
Dumb