Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Chaser 9/10

Marvelous!!!

A very good thriller after a long time. Getting the high def. now, should have watched it in high def.

Absolutely brilliant!!!
The film is just mild infront of this interview on the real pimp on whom the movie is based.

Too shocking and scary.
IMDb :: Boards :: The Chaser (2008) :: Interview with the pimp (the real model...
i guess the new spiderman movie also doesn't hv the concept of natural webbing...u can actually see in the trailor, a gadget around his wrist which shoots webs...
I think u put "also" mistakenly. Its only the new Spiderman movie which shows a gadget for web spinning. And in old one, u could see him flying webs from his hand even when he was not wearing any costume.

Krow

Crowman
^^so late, shockingly beautiful movie

Suggest me some post-apocalyptic movies without a Rambo protagonist.
I liked:
Pandorum
Alien 2
Apocalypto
The Road
and similar

A boy and his dog

Not a very good film compared to those you posted, but I liked it nonetheless. Slightly B-grade-ish but I liked it. :p

Open Your Eyes is pretty good. Scifi lovers, must watch. Great debate in the movie about whether looks matter or is it what is on the inside. :)

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys sorry for being naive but what does brainfcuk mean? Any examples preferably from movies which are little popular. Most of the movies which are mentioned here as brainfcuk I have not watched any of them. Any Enlightenment on this would be great!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
One movie that is brainfcuk and you must have obviously watched is "Inception"... now u know what a brainfcuk movie is.

Next to go deep in this matter watch "Primer" and "pi"

@faun,zangetsu and others, check out this list IMDb: serial killer-thriller (fiction) - a list by Pepper Baggins

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
FYI the Spiderman character created by Stan Lee,along with Ditko, never had any "natural webbings". He used a contraption which shot a substance with properties similar to a spider's web. I have those initial comics(1963). You can find those all over the net. Read one. You'll like it a whole lot better than the movies.

The new spiderman looks cool , i mean the lead actor. Looks lot cooler than tobey macguire. I never really liked that guy as spiderman.

Was too soft and looked like a kid.

This looks promising.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
yeah PI is a very good example of brainfcuk, also goot examples are eXistenZ, dark city, and donnie darko tried very hard. the wikipedia entry wus removed, donno why.

ssb1551

Technomancer
The new spiderman looks cool , i mean the lead actor. Looks lot cooler than tobey macguire. I never really liked that guy as spiderman.

This looks promising.

Same here!!:D..He seemed too wimpy!!

Nice list Anorion!!Another one you can add is Memento!!

pratik385

In the zone
@ Megamind > Let me in was really a brilliant film, Chloe moretz taught few actress how to act.

@ Anorion >I haven't watched Pi. But Existenz, donnie darko, momento and inception were really good brainkfck movies :p

@ vicktbat > Totally, tobey was a let down in spiderman series. He looked like a kid :p
But new one Andrew act really good, Ive seen some of his movies like Boy A, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus and Social network. He can act well :)

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^ Best Andrew movie for me - Never let me go
Keira Knightley, Carey Mulligan and Andrew Garfield are at their best. A must watch for those who like depressing movies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

This looks promising.

:shock: No

Open Your Eyes is pretty good. Scifi lovers, must watch. Great debate in the movie about whether looks matter or is it what is on the inside. :)

Penelope cruz ?

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
GI Joe : Rise of the Cobra - 7.5/10

The story or Movie was not good .. I would give 6/10
But the Visual effects was awesome !! That made me continue watching ...

Good .... A good watch film !

Top Bottom