Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
New Year's Eve, 1968: While driving on the Pearblossom Highway, a lesbian couple encounters the creator of the universe. Laid to rest for 40 years, the women wake up on New Year's Day as reborn creatures.

You know there are movies of such concepts too... now don't tell me I've recommended this. Watch at your own risk (I obviously have not watched :D )

Pearblossom (Video 2009) - IMDb

clmlbx

Technomancer
hey I am regular movie watcher but always forgot post here

Recently I have watched

the Fighter I really loved it ....7/10
Big fish.....little slow but is good 6/10
The Fall.....7/10
Seven Pounds........I really liked it 8/10
Hereafter.......7/10

I watched this movies after 20-25 days gap..as I was watching Dexter, watched all 5 season ...superb, waiting for sixth season

hey it is movie thread but can some one also recommend series ...

dexter was the first series I ever watched and realy liked it.. I am looking forward to

community
modern family
No ordinary family ...
Detroit 1-8-9

ithehappy

Human Spambot
The Mechanic. Common action movie, same under covered Statham, same actions, style...music throughout the movie to attract viewers and hide poor stories....but overall ain't that bad. :)

The Mechanic (2011) - IMDb

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Watched and my rating for is 6.5/10 - this is the only post apocalyptic movie I have watched so far where you don't have to shoot a even a single zombie - instead you have shoot ( or abandon ) each other to survive.

Here's the link :
Carriers (2009) - IMDb

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I really couldnt stop myself from re-Recommending this movie-

Oceans 12

one of THE BEST movies I've ever seen.
Resaw it today and its more than a must watch.

it can be called a continuation of Oceans 11.
The music during the interesting sequences are excellent.

ajayritik

Technomancer
I really couldnt stop myself from re-Recommending this movie-

Oceans 12

one of THE BEST movies I've ever seen.
Resaw it today and its more than a must watch.

it can be called a continuation of Oceans 11.
The music during the interesting sequences are excellent.

In what genre would this fall? Comedy?

limpness

Broken In
Just watched (again after a while)-
The Wraith - Starring Charlie Sheen is about a mysterious car that races tyrannical street racers and kills each of them at the end of the race.

The Breach - A young FBI employee assigned to work undercover as a clerk to Robert Hanssen suspected of spying for the Soviet Union and Russia for years and being responsible for the deaths of agents working for the United States..

Secret of my Success - Starring Michael J Fox a recent graduate working in the mail room who assumes the identity of one of the executives.

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies
just watched Rush hour for the first time. Its pretty good. 7.7/10
and watched Madagascar 2 yesterday- much better than prequel. 7.4/10

clmlbx

Technomancer
2001: A Space Odyssey (Beware, this one is very slow paced but would look great on HD)

I downloaded in HD but could not bear it... for first 20 mins that apes and another 20 min..well I don't remember but that was damn slow, at last I pressed shift+Del

Hope I have not missed something

ajayritik

Technomancer
I downloaded in HD but could not bear it... for first 20 mins that apes and another 20 min..well I don't remember but that was damn slow, at last I pressed shift+Del

^^+1 Trust me even I had the same experience. I think even I deleted the movie.

Krow

Crowman

2001 is a milestone in special effects/ What Kubrick did in 1968 set the standard for a lot of people who made movies later. :)

I must confess it is not everyone's cup of tea. If you can bear it, then it is a great classic science fiction movie. I liked it a lot when I saw it first, but watching it again was painfully tough. Heck, you could use that movie as a screensaver for your computer (which is what Windows 98 did, the space screensaver did have 2001: A Space Odyssey's elements). :)

I recommend you watch 2010: The Year We Made Contact. It is the sequel of 2001. And much faster as well. :)

Top Bottom