Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Rahim

Married!
^Those 3 books ordered :)

2001 A Space Odyssey
2010 Odyssey Two
2061 Odyssey Three

If only someone makes the third installment.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Blood Simple 7/10

Good.
There are surprises and twists and kinda makes you shout WTF is happening!!!
Try it, u won't regret.

Break ke baad 6/10

"Tanu Weds Manu" was better. Very slow treatment was given to the movie. First half is slowest and untidy. Second half is better.

limpness

Broken In
Breach, true story, good story and very good movie. Course recommended.

Breach (2007) - IMDb

IMO Breach is very well presented.It proceeds at its own pace but still keeps you wondering what will happen next.One of those movies that don't mess up a good watch with gunshots.
I actually stumbled into watching half of Breach on Star Movies and just had to download it later to see what happens.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Watched Dreamcatcher (2003) - IMDb and my rating for this would be 7/10 - good movie and feels a bit like The Thing as this one is also based on aliens ;-)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
IMO Breach is very well presented.It proceeds at its own pace but still keeps you wondering what will happen next.One of those movies that don't mess up a good watch with gunshots.
I actually stumbled into watching half of Breach on Star Movies and just had to download it later to see what happens.

Liked the Bold part very much.

Roommate(2011)
Worth a watch....

Gonna give it a try tonight :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Heat 7.5/10

Actors: Al Pacino, Robert De Niro and Val Kilmer are one of the mentionable. Very much depends on the tussles between Al Pacino and Robert De Niro.

Nice watch.

But to give it a realistic touch, the movie has become slow.

Rahim

Married!
^But watching Val Kilmer with AK-47 and shooting was awesome. The director must have a tough day convincing the two stalwarts to work together.

R2K

In the Zone
Suggest some movies which have plots similar to Disturbia and Panic room. In both the movies almost the whole of the movie takes place inside a single house

Vartul

Thit!I fogot my pathword!
Impromptu

Just saw it on MGM. Absolutely wonderful movie,must watch for Hugh Grant fans.Both the humor and love angles are so skillfully and brilliantly done, with such attention to detail-its lovely. Please note-not your typical masala movie, so don't expect whiz-bang effect or violence. This is Vintage, in the best sense of the word.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Dum Maaro Dum 6/10

Good action/thriller movie with predictable twists and turns.

And at the end, thrice I felt the movie is gonna end now, and it started again. Nothing much to write.

Abhishek Bachhan did well and Rana Daggubati was so-so. He was good in long shots but close-up are shaky, u can catch his not moving, facial expression not matching with the things he's saying.

Prateik Babbar is given a role of 18 yrs old!!! Come on not everyone is Amir Khan who in even 40 can convince half of the world that he's a 18yr old engineering student. Prateik's acting was so shaky and weak, that it almost felt he is trying hard to act naive.

Bipasha, Aditya Pancholi, Fovind Namdeo are others who can be mentioned.

If you should watch? Well not bad though, u can try. Very fast paced, slows down in between, still first half is fast paced.

bhushanm

I Am Jack's Assembly Line
Suggest some movies which have plots similar to Disturbia and Panic room. In both the movies almost the whole of the movie takes place inside a single house

1408...the whole thing takes place inside a hotel room.

Top Bottom