Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

harsh1387

Broken In
Not jumping in who is best actor and shyt actor. The plain logic says movie watching should be a fun experience. You spend somewhere between 400 - 700 Rs per person for a movie + 4-5 hours of your time. So when you come out of the hall it should be a paisa vasool feeling. If not then that movie sucks no matter who actor is.
Srk/aamir/Salman and even the legend Mr. Bacchan have done a awesome movies as well as utter crap ones. So it happens to all.

In bollywood no one cares about talent anymore. Good script + good acting are a passe. What matters is will it earn 100 crores or not. Personally I have stopped watching bollywood movies in hall cos quality has gone down the drain. I like both Srk and Aamir flash they have done good movies in past but watching CE and Dhoom 3 at home has convinced me that these guys are also being sucked in by how much moolah we can make formula. It's sad but true.

icebags

Technomancer
saw hobbit this week at last. good story, good everything more or less.

but its so strange to see the hall was 100% full even after all these days after release. i don't understand the craze, its a good movie, but when was the last time hall was 100% full for these many days, for a novel based movie, thats difficult to understand if not followed from the previous chapter .....

planning to see 47 ronin this weekend.....

cyborg47

Technomancer
but its so strange to see the hall was 100% full even after all these days after release. i don't understand the craze, its a good movie, but when was the last time hall was 100% full for these many days, for a novel based movie, thats difficult to understand if not followed from the previous chapter .....
Because Lord of the Rings? duh.

quan chi

mortal kombat
GUPT
Watched again after a long time. Bobby deol's first & last hit.:D (..er lets consider soldier too therefore second last hit.:D)

Last edited:

Hrishi

Why do people fight over this fanboism of SRK , Sallu and blah..blah.. IMO , most of them suck when compared to the acting of characters in Hollwood movies.
( The standard of acting has fallen well below the limit. Give the credit to the recent craze of producing high grossing movies. , or whatever. But it's obvious truth .)
Irfaan Khan , Nasruddin Shah , etc are some actors worth mentioning when it comes to acting. I barely see any Indian fanboy standing for them , but you'll find many idiots who are ready to wage wars for these so called Khans and B's..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways , I saw thos movie Vikingdom today. It's based on a plot of war amongst gods , humans ,etc.
It's passable in one way , but still the attempt was good. There was a huge room for improvement but still the movie had good story and acting. Only if the visuals and animations were on the positive side , the movie would have been popular and very good.
But maybe I guess they didn't had a huge budget .

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
Why do people fight over this fanboism of SRK , Sallu and blah..blah.. IMO , most of them suck when compared to the acting of characters in Hollwood movies.
( The standard of acting has fallen well below the limit. Give the credit to the recent craze of producing high grossing movies. , or whatever. But it's obvious truth .)
Irfaan Khan , Nasruddin Shah , etc are some actors worth mentioning when it comes to acting. I barely see any Indian fanboy standing for them , but you'll find many idiots who are ready to wage wars for these so called Khans and B's..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways , I saw thos movie Vikingdom today. It's based on a plot of war amongst gods , humans ,etc.
It's passable in one way , but still the attempt was good. There was a huge room for improvement but still the movie had good story and acting. Only if the visuals and animations were on the positive side , the movie would have been popular and very good.
But maybe I guess they didn't had a huge budget .

I like Ranbir Kapoor off the lot. Especially his role in Barfi.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Can you please elaborate the blah blah? Does that blah blah also include actors like Aamir Khan and Ranbir Kapoor?

Though I agree that the quality of movies of bollywood isn't as good as the Hollywood movies. But I don't think this bashing of Hindi movies wrt the Hollywood Movies is good. I can find you some quite pathetic movies made in Hollywood as well if you want me to list you some. But as I said the number maybe lower in Hollywood.

~snip~

Bashing bollywood films here is a fad.
Deal with it.
:)
The general consensus here is
"Every bollywood film is crap,and every hollywood film is awesome"

Last edited:

snap

Lurker
well its not like we are bashing for nothing, bollywood hardly releases one good movie per year but i agree that it is stupid saying indian movies are always inferior to hollywood ones

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
well its not like we are bashing for nothing, bollywood hardly releases one good movie per year but i agree that it is stupid saying indian movies are always inferior to hollywood ones

Those low-budget indie/"art" films automatically qualify as "good films"

snap

Lurker
@ajay
well i don't dislike bollywood movies, if they are bad i will say they are bad and if they are good i will say they are good, its not my fault majority of them are bad. I don't watch much movies both hollywood and bollywood, so some of the films I liked is hera pheri, A wednesday, welcome , 3 idiots was also pretty good and some other movies iam forgetting

rst

Youngling
I mostly watch hollywood movies

No doubt hollywood movies are better than bollywood movies

But All bollywood movies are not crap

There are also good bollywood movies
like Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, Pan Singh Tomar, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, 3 idiots, Rang de basanti, Lagaan, Taare zameen par, Chak de india etc

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
I mostly watch hollywood movies

No doubt hollywood movies are better than bollywood movies

But All bollywood movies are not crap

There are also good bollywood movies
like Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, Pan Singh Tomar, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, 3 idiots, Rang de basanti, Lagaan, Taare zameen par, Chak de india etc

Thanks.

Top Bottom