Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

flyingcow

Shibe
Knowing (Nicholas Cage)-9/10
can anybody suggest this kind of movies with mystery, but not horror (like final destination and da vinci code etc)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ you saw that today on TV? :D

watch The Man from Earth (2007) - IMDb

TIL one can make your own movie lists in IMDB for your personal reference :D

sksundram

In the zone
Going through posts, i came to notice that members just post about any movie they liked but the title says MUST Watch. The authenticity of the thread is lost in this way. Correct me if I am wrong. Take the "just above post" for example.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Going through posts, i came to notice that members just post about any movie they liked but the title says MUST Watch. The authenticity of the thread is lost in this way. Correct me if I am wrong. Take the "just above post" for example.

There has been quite a few debate on the same, but things haven't changed.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just watched Elysium - there's nothing new and I was laughing myself when I saw Spider landed on the the hi fi man created planet without any kind of interference .. come on a planet with such high tech system has no auto air defense program and only one lady handles all of the security alone and others will just sit, watch and play dumb ? unbelievable but anyway, it's a movie and there's bound to be such things. For me Elysium gets 6 out of 10.

flyingcow

Shibe
Jack Reacher ....After a long time a genuine action thriller with a good amount of decent investigation and suspense as well. loved seeing Tom Cruise in a role reminiscent of Bourn or Danial Craig as Bond. Plot is best explained by the IMDB tagline itself "A homicide investigator digs deeper into a case involving a trained military sniper who shot five random victims". Investigator is played by Tom and in my opinion he played it really well. For Home Theater fans, the end shootout sound done by the assault rifles is really really well done and is beautifully staged among the 5 speakers...............6.8/10 for this one as well.
wow never knew they made a film, im a fan of the books, have you read the books?

rajatGod512

N00B Troller

Well earlier this thread was made to post must watch and another thread for must not watch , but gradually this thread became "Movies you recently watched thread" and only the very abysmal movies go to must not watch thread . I too have pointed it out many times but the general consensus is that let it be the way it is , well if it ain't broke , why fix it ?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Jack Reacher 7/10

Of-late I've stopped expecting anything from a Tom Cruise movie.
And Jack Reacher surprised me. Its a good plot, but very slow. I still think Tom Cruise always has one expression on his face.
Watchable, you won't regret seeing this movie.

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^He is john abraham of hollywood! Only more successful!:-D
Actually actors like these only fit for serious action roles. I mean he is fit for doing only mission impossible type of movies.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
^^He is john abraham of hollywood! Only more successful!:-D
Actually actors like these only fit for serious action roles. I mean he is fit for doing only mission impossible type of movies.

Come on now. Tom cruise is much more talented than john. Ever watched a few good men?

John is simply a model who gets to do lead roles in bollywood movies because of a curse inflicting bollywood creating several talentless actors/actresses. ( Ah the indian cinema of 1950-1980 when even secondary characters were supremely talented)

ajayritik

Technomancer
Come on now. Tom cruise is much more talented than john. Ever watched a few good men?

John is simply a model who gets to do lead roles in bollywood movies because of a curse inflicting bollywood creating several talentless actors/actresses. ( Ah the indian cinema of 1950-1980 when even secondary characters were supremely talented)
I agree ^+1

quan chi

mortal kombat

Where have I mentioned he has less talent?.I think you got it wrong we are not focusing on acting skills here. We are discussing about expressions.:) Acting wise no doubt he is better than john.
BTW yes i have seen that movie. Its indeed a good movie with a bunch of fine actors, and he was fit in that role too.

But as an example valkyrie is a movie where his acting skill fluctuates often.On some scenes it is hilarious. That movie was successful due to its story and good direction!

cyborg47

Technomancer
Disagree with you over there, Tom Cruise is a way better actor than you think he is. Calling him the john abraham of hollywood is an insult to him.
And hey, can Daniel Day lewis climb on top of burj khalifa like a badass? NOPE! :p

Top Bottom