Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

quan chi

mortal kombat
Disagree with you over there, Tom Cruise is a way better actor than you think he is. Calling him the john abraham of hollywood is an insult to him.

No I have not insulted anybody. Instead I have praised john abraham by comparing him with Tom cruse saying he is not that bad.:wink:
John abraham was good in dhoom 1 (which was way better than dhoom 2). He was somewhat bearable in Madras Cafe too.

The directors in hollywood often shows the sense of good casting. Story and other things also does matter. Moreover most of the time they are serious about their work.

Bollywood people these days only thinks of business and collection and nothing more. Eg: Dabangg 2. If dabangg had no story then what is dabangg 2? Salman khan's endorsement of "baniyans"?
The problem with john abraham is that he mostly gets offer for trashed movies.Wrong casting. Moreover it seems he is less interested towards acting these days. He wants to become more of a producer.

Coming to Tom cruse yes he gave same type of expression many of his movies. He is saved due to proper casting & his acting skills.

And hey, can Daniel Day lewis climb on top of burj khalifa like a badass? NOPE! :p

I have already answered this in my first post in this page and in the reply above.:) period!

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
did you like thor 1 ? and did you watch the mid-credit scene .

Yes.. Thor was better. Here a group of kids hanging in a abandoned building discover a supernatural phenomenon and later the supporting characters get arrested for trespassing the same building. looks like the writers were writing for some si-fi children's movie and thought it would better fit in Thor 2 :/ . I saw the end credit scene on youtube.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Family 7.5/10 +.5 extra for cinematography.

Last night I mentioned "surprisingly good" for "Jack Reacher" but you know that phrase fits more properly to this movie.

Robert De Niro rocks!

Recommended.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Yes.. Thor was better. Here a group of kids hanging in a abandoned building discover a supernatural phenomenon and later the supporting characters get arrested for trespassing the same building. looks like the writers were writing for some si-fi children's movie and thought it would better fit in Thor 2 :/ . I saw the end credit scene on youtube.

Lots of people including me think thor2 is way better than thor , eh . Cant please everyone :D :))

I saw the mid-credit scene in theatre , me and my cousin were the only one there , everyone else left . But I didnt wait for the post credit scene which I too saw on some website .

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
The Family 7.5/10 +.5 extra for cinematography.

Last night I mentioned "surprisingly good" for "Jack Reacher" but you know that phrase fits more properly to this movie.

Robert De Niro rocks!

Recommended.

exact same comments here...

watched today morning..

De Niro still rocks.

that look on his face when a particular Martin Scorcese movie is mentioned.... Priceless!! :D

the movie has good comedy too..

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
that look on his face when a particular Martin Scorcese movie is mentioned.... Priceless!! :D
And the punchline by Tommy Lee Jones "...can't waste time seeing your home videos"...icing on the cake!

the movie has good comedy too..
Almost like a black comedy. Very subtle and intelligent humor. I liked the execution very much.
And, I must must (intentionally repeated) mention the background score. Very apt and I liked very much.

digitfan

Right Off the Assembly Line
Iron Man 3 at No 2 . :|

Why are you surprised? If Man of Steel can be at no 1 Then why not Ironman 3 on number 2?
Don't take those ratings seriously. They are just IMDB ratings rated by some random users or may be same users multiple no of times. Many good movies are rated very low there which just does not makes any sense.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ That was just merely based on page views... There are plenty of better films than those 10, among that BEFORE MIDNIGHT should be one :)

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
The Hobbit 2-9/10

I Just wish they showed a bit more in the climax,They shouldn't have ended this way
Cant wait for HOBBIT 3

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^what trailers were shown with hobbit ?

and which multiplex did you watch it at ?

Cinepolis.
They showed-Spiderman,300 part 2 and lego.
And all the trailers were amazing.Lego trailer was surprisingly good.
Amazing spiderman seemed pretty good too,hope it's not a disappointment like the 1st part

Top Bottom