Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Please suggest any movies like the likes of 300, Spartacus, Ben Hur, Gladiator, Robin Hood. Any other movies like these...

Check out "Troy".

Please suggest any movies like the likes of 300, Spartacus, Ben Hur, Gladiator, Robin Hood. Any other movies like these...
Any WW 2 movies like Guns of Navarone, Where Eagles Dare, D-Day, Force 10 from Navarone,All Quiet on the Eastern Front, Patton, Stalingrad, Bridge on River Kwai, Tora Tora, Dirty Dozen...

For War movies -
The Thin Red Line
Saving Private Ryan
Flag of our Fathers
Black Hawk Down (Not WWII but I like this one)

TheHumanBot

Padawan
Planning to watch
World War Z & Now you see me
on new year's eve

Both good movies you won't regret.

any movies which you finished watching and you were like wha the heck did i just seen? in a good way not the movies which sucks. like 120 days of solem, i stand alone etc.

ashs1

Padawan
^
I know the wait is painful.. :(
but, i can never watch any movie twice ( unless its for a girl :p )..hence decided on watching other stuff to minimize the pain..:p

should be perfect by the time i finish watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S & The ITcrowd seasons ( from scratch..)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Listening to OST of "The Classic" gives goosebumps as if the story happened somewhere in reality.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Listening to OST of "The Classic" gives goosebumps as if the story happened somewhere in reality.

Amazing amazing soundtrack. South koreans are currently far better than any other country in terms of Movies and music. I assume their TV Series are highly praised as well.

Some movies feel like timepass, some entertaining , then some are there which leave you with an experience that your whole being is shaken. The classic is one of those.

amjath

Human Spambot
Amazing amazing soundtrack. South koreans are currently far better than any other country in terms of Movies and music. I assume their TV Series are highly praised as well.

Some movies feel like timepass, some entertaining , then some are there which leave you with an experience that your whole being is shaken. The classic is one of those.

Korean movies are emotional and touching. My sister is mad at Korean dramas/shows, she says they are great

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^one thing I like is that they don't overdo things like playing an obnoxious background music, camera panning over and over again, zoom in on character. Maintains the subtlety and keeps to a plausible premise. No overacting.

These movies carefully use the background ambiance and silence where it's necessary. No songs/dance numbers out of blue and no one man show where the story is made around a central character that the others get little or no character development.

Few things never get old and this one belongs to the same category.

Not all Korean movies are directed so well.

pratik385

In the zone
The Classic (2003) - 8.5/10
One of the best movies in melodrama genre.
I loved it totally..be it direction, story, acting, OST or scenic, this movie is really great!
But you know it is far from reality thats why I rate it below My Sassy Girl, my Fav. Korean movie, which has real life mess! and is quite more funny :)

Thanks for this Faun? Were you the one who listed top tier Korean movies or someone else? I've that list with me and i will start with more dark versions now..

Top Bottom