Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

D

Deleted member 118788

Sinister (2012) - 7/10. A must watch horror movie. Some horror scenes which will freak you out especially the lawn mover scene. The environment which the sounds of the movie creates is really good. They should have added more details about the Baghul, the ghost. Also, the ending could have been a lot better. If you are looking for extreme horror then this movie is not for you.

suyash_123

Techno Freak
Just watched Eyes Wide Shut (1999) - yesterday night ...

I did not understand the Movie entirely but still say it was a good thriller as it keeps me thinking about what's next .

it was Kind of Stylish Drama movie.

will see it again to check waht was Movies main intensions :p

still it is 6.5 /10 rating

BEware: Extreme a Content in movie !!!

amjath

Human Spambot

I did not understand the Movie entirely but still say it was a good thriller as it keeps me thinking about what's next .

thx for the suggestion, story and review of IMDB made me dig and find this
The Hidden (And Not So Hidden) Messages in Stanley Kubrick's "Eyes Wide Shut" (pt. I) - The Vigilant Citizen - The Vigilant Citizen

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Lincoln Lawyer 7.8/10

This is a surprise package. From the first day I had seen the trailer I expected it to be a fancy lawyer turned revenge-man story. But the complex plot and the war of wits came a surprise to me.
.2 points less as there were not much courtroom scenes.

Recommended!

dude1

Journeyman
Invictus --8/10 , since i always looked up to Freemen.. and Bournes. Mandela is the missing link of inspiration :)

Satyagraha -- 6.32168/10, the problem is the songs, all those decimals prove it.

Olympus has Fallen--6.6/10, Again Mr American President is an Terrorist/Alien/Apocalypse/Assassin Magnet

Ted --8.1/10 --"Thunder Buddies for Life..." :D

Shaw shank Redemption -- "Aukat nehi hain to rate"

Thin Red Line --8.5/10 --One of the best sententious narrations in voice-overs i heard.

12 Angry Men -- Same as Shawshank

Empire of the Sun --8/10 ---Marvelous

Paths of Glory (1957) --8.5/10 --do--

Agree all Are good.. but staygraha and olympus has fallen are'nt... especially like 12 angry men its perfect..

Guyz see Contact 1997 starring jodie foster, very good Sci fi with some other really strong themes...
Also Dark City 1998(low budget hence dont expect much Special effects)....

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Insidious - 5.5/10
Just saw this. Great first hour (8/10), had me on the edge of the seat.
I thought the 2nd half was very badly made (3/10).

I still think its worth one time watch.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sinister (2012) - 7/10. A must watch horror movie. Some horror scenes which will freak you out especially the lawn mover scene. The environment which the sounds of the movie creates is really good. They should have added more details about the Baghul, the ghost. Also, the ending could have been a lot better. If you are looking for extreme horror then this movie is not for you.

got to see these and youy guys also try A Nightmare on The Elm street - some of tyhe best 80's movies ;)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
The worlds end.. 5/10.. only watch if you want .. else watch Hot Fuzz and The Shaun of the Dead back to back

D

Deleted member 118788

got to see these and youy guys also try A Nightmare on The Elm street - some of tyhe best 80's movies ;)

Thanks for the suggestion, I will watch it soon.

Zodiac (2007) - 8.3/10. It is a must-watch movie. A mystery which remains still unsolved. Great Acting and Plot was indeed good. Sometimes you will think this person is a suspect or that person but...better watch it.

I also wanted to suggest you guys a television series which was premiered in 1984 By Granada Television on Sherlock Holmes.
The role of Sherlock was played by Jeremy Brett and he is one of the best actor I have ever watched. You will really love this series.

Here are all the episodes: *www.youtube.com/user/MySam55/search?query=sherlock

Top Bottom