Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

amjath

Human Spambot
Madras Cafe - 7.7/10

Must watch.

First bollywood movie without any song, felt like hollywood.

I liked Don 2 since it has only 1 song. Its not about 1 song or no song, what I mean to say is these movies was given more importance to story. That's one of the reason I like Hollywood movies. Even there is no importance in story they focus on CG or other stuffs.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Harold and Kumar go to white castle 7/10
Harold and Kumar escape from guantanamo bay 7.5/10
A very Harold and Kumar Christmas (will watch later tonight)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Call 7/10

The movie was a '8' rater till the last 5 minutes and then it disappointed me.

Why a movie with such realistic approach need such a dramatic ending.
Still a very good watch.

Recommended.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Flowers in The Attic - a must watch. I'm not going into any details and don't let the imdb rating fool you. This movie deserves 9/10 at-least.

Hrishi

Madras Cafe - 7.7/10

Must watch.

First bollywood movie without any song, felt like hollywood.
Agree.! :)

Flowers in The Attic - a must watch. I'm not going into any details and don't let the imdb rating fool you. This movie deserves 9/10 at-least.

Yep. Some movies at IMDB are highly under rated.
For E.G. this Australian Movie is a serious Pain Inducing movie. "*www.imdb.com/title/tt1570559/?ref_=sr_1"

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Its not about 1 song or no song, what I mean to say is these movies was given more importance to story. That's one of the reason I like Hollywood movies. Even there is no importance in story they focus on CG or other stuffs.

Obviously it is, but I stated just as a matter of fact.

btw since you're from chennai, can you tell why tamilians were against release of this film ? Was anything portrayed wrong in the film ? Or reality being altered?

ajayritik

Technomancer
I liked Don 2 since it has only 1 song. Its not about 1 song or no song, what I mean to say is these movies was given more importance to story. That's one of the reason I like Hollywood movies. Even there is no importance in story they focus on CG or other stuffs.

@amjath though I respect your opinion. I should admit that there are quite a few movies in Hollywood which are completely crass, boring so you can't generalize saying you like Hollywood movies since they have good story or atleast they concentrate on CG.

I don't know why people here whenever they get chance start targeting movies made in India and compare them with Hollywood movies. It's a fashion I guess.

Hrishi

@amjath though I respect your opinion. I should admit that there are quite a few movies in Hollywood which are completely crass, boring so you can't generalize saying you like Hollywood movies since they have good story or atleast they concentrate on CG.

I don't know why people here whenever they get chance start targeting movies made in India and compare them with Hollywood movies. It's a fashion I guess.

Because a majority of movies are copied and a lot of them are senseless movies just meant for stardom , and all those fanboism crap.
However , it's not like we don't have good movies in India. There are some who are brilliant at it. But the majority is of dumb ones.

harsh1387

Broken In
John though an average actor selects movies which are a tad different. Haven't seen Madras Cafe but judging from reviews will see it soon.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Firstpost review of "Satyagraha"

Finally, Satyagraha is an exercise in extreme self obsession. Because Prakash Jha just doesn’t want the film to end! It goes on and on till you start hallucinating Ajay Devgn’s moustache as a sinister, blood sucking alien and Amitabh Bachchan starts looking like a mummified pharaoh.

LINK

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar

This.

Top Bottom