Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
BKO: Bangkok Knockout 5/10

The worst action movie ever. No, not the action but the actors.

Seems a Muay Thai school teacher though of making a movie with his students and came up with this piece of crap. If you are too interested in action movie and too desperate to try anything, try this. BUT, skip the drama and straight go to the fight sequences only. These guys know only one thing that is how to kick ass! Alas! a movie requires more than that :(

pratik385

In the zone
What Richard Did - 8/10
Plot:
A story about a boy who has his future all figured out but something happens which changes his life and lives of closest to him...
Acting:
Have to say actors are quite young but acted very maturely, lead star (Jack) did very well :)
Directing & Writers:
He succeeded in creating an intense atmosphere and details between the relationship was also been told very well!
Score:
As this is an emotionally intense drama, score has to be the same which Stephen did perfect.

Overall, it was a decent watch and no wonder The Guardian called the film "slow-burning and disturbing"

---------------------

Guys, I'm in mood to watch 60-80s movies.
Please recommend movies of these directors:
1. Stanley Kubrick
I've seen:
Paths of Glory (1957)
A Clockwork Orange (1971)
The Shining (1980)
Full Metal Jacket (1987)

Any other movies are welcome as always :)

icebags

Technomancer
FnF6 - 1st part:5, 2nd part:7, Total:6

one of my friends asked, if the film was good. i said they had some cars and chasing an aeroplane, then they pulled down the aeroplane while riding the cars.
friend was confused, so i elaborated, they had hooks and ropes, which they threw at the wings of the plane and then drove the cars backwards the direction of the plane.
friend asked: what?
i carried on, the plane was then fried deeply and everything from inside were roasted.
friend fainted. i think he somehow visualized the scene as fishing on a boat, but am not sure, cause i am pretty sure i told him what i saw. *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/22.gif

Inceptionist

Journeyman
"Hang on to these /throws underwear at batman" :p

"Why didn't your bra burn in fire" :p

Thinking of watching really romantic movies.. any suggestions ?

Before Sunrise
Before Sunset
A gap of at least 7 days between two is advised when viewing for the first time.

Davidboon

In the zone
Watched Jack reacher , It should be Tom Cruise's worst acting till date . will rate it 4 out of 10 .

Watched Jack reacher , It should be Tom Cruise's worst acting till date . will rate it 4 out of 10 .

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
go goa gone very surprised. lots of gory headshots. techno / dub step sound track. original interpretation of couple running through the trees... impossible after it has been done to death, but they managed. zombies are realistic. dialogue is witty for the most part. have to watch again.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
go goa gone very surprised. lots of gory headshots. techno / dub step sound track. original interpretation of couple running through the trees... impossible after it has been done to death, but they managed. zombies are realistic. dialogue is witty for the most part. have to watch again.

You liked "Go Goa Gone"...........I'm glad!

You are still a human! :p

Top Bottom