Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Yeah, After Earth also has a similar theme. Has it released yet?

not sure, but i'm not going to that one, trailer is tooo boring.

I like Will Smith, but once in a while he works on absolute garbage. I fear this might be one of it.

Krow

Crowman
Probably true. Sci-fi fans should check out this list of upcoming films: IMDb: Science Fiction Movies 2013,2014,2015 - a list by Vforvendetta200

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I didn't like Django Unchanged as much as his earlier movies. Probably 7.5 from me too.

Watched Cloud Atlas too, 7/10 movie. Too much happening on the screen that the viewer fails to connect with characters.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^, yeah linear story, breaks only in the climax, dialogues are strong but not random. this movie unfortunately is actually about something, dampens the entertainment value and casual awesomeness tarantino is famous for. also, no tricky long shots. :(
cloud atlas is experimental, its not a reel, its a tapestry. goes a step beyond nolanverse, tarantino and aronofsky. meant for repeated viewing on dvds or something. whole movie makes sense all together, start watching any chapter, fast forward or rewind. it is prolly gonna be hailed as a classic 20 years from now. can expect more movies like that.

icebags

Technomancer
two different takes!!! .. I will watch it, but I didn't have any excitement from watching the trailer, so I don't have much expectations

there are reason to not like it, the concept is nothing new, similar techniques were used before in many films, including independence day. but this one is much more silent, monotonous, has a different theme, and kinda slow free-flowing.
i think the silence, loneliness, and slow progression of incidents theme went well with a post apocalyptic scenario. it gets more interesting, if u have never watched the trailer.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^, yeah linear story, breaks only in the climax, dialogues are strong but not random. this movie unfortunately is actually about something, dampens the entertainment value and casual awesomeness tarantino is famous for. also, no tricky long shots. :(
cloud atlas is experimental, its not a reel, its a tapestry. goes a step beyond nolanverse, tarantino and aronofsky. meant for repeated viewing on dvds or something. whole movie makes sense all together, start watching any chapter, fast forward or rewind. it is prolly gonna be hailed as a classic 20 years from now. can expect more movies like that.

I couldn't find the personal connection. Agree there is more to this movie but it failed to capture my attention. May be I will re-watch some other day.

Inceptionist

Journeyman
Guys check out this trailer of the movie "now you see me". Interesting concept. I'll be waiting for this.

I'm afraid that it may fail to execute this interesting concept properly.

Still seeing it for the cast though.
Morgan Freeman
Jesse Eisenberg
Mark Ruffalo
Melanie Laurent :wub:
Michael Caine
Isla Fisher
Woody Harrelson

Maybe offtopic,
I was talking to my friends about movies and two guys said that they didn't liked The Social Network.:duh2:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I didn't like Django Unchanged as much as his earlier movies. Probably 7.5 from me too.

Watched Cloud Atlas too, 7/10 movie. Too much happening on the screen that the viewer fails to connect with characters.

Exactly what I thought about both the movies.

digitfan

Right Off the Assembly Line

yep even the story has a big flaw like someone here had mentioned before.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Django Unchained - 8/10

I'll be honest here guys. This was my first tarantino movie. :p
What can i say, the screenplay definitely deserved an oscar and the same happened. Christoph waltz and jamie fox stole the show with interesting dialogue delivery.
The movie also had lots of emotions hidden. Totally in love with the ending scene song (Trinity - Titoli).

Silver linings Playbook - 7/10

A good movie altogether. Expected the ending to be a bit more dramatical. Jennifer lawrence was great in the movie with some psychological tinge in her acting.
Her acting is actually far more mature than her age. Bradley cooper was ok. Anupam kher also did a decent job as a psychiatrist.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Annayum Rasoolum - 8/10

Simple love story . Sync sound . It is as if the actors are holding camera with them and living the story out .

Top Bottom