Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

R2K

In the Zone
I did not watch the movie yet but whoever did the trailer of "Jab tak hai Jaan" did a good job. Real catchy stuff.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Ok i agree with rithwik that Ra.1 Is better than Ek ta Flop...seriously why do people love ek ta tiger? It's the worst movie i ever saw, All salman movie released after ready are the worst movies i ever saw, Yes Even D2 will suck

Fans probably had the salmangasm. LOL!

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Dude, have you seen "Watchmen" ?

Yeah I watched Watchmen - The Director's Cut version a year back ,didn't like it though . Maybe its got to do something with Snyder (I didnt like 300 either) or the comic itself. I am expecting something better from Man of Steel. Yeah I say again TDK didnt have any MAJOR CGI scene unlike other superhero movie. But You cant just think it wouldn't have any of it every kind of film nowadays have CGI in them .I get your point about RA.ONE with the storyline stuff , The main problem is that Bollywood movies do not have big budget like Hollywood Blockbuster to carry the vfx of such grand standard . Even though RA.ONE was made in about 150 or something crore , what is it in USD about 25 Million . Some very old movies like Superman (1978) had a budget of 55 million.

Flash

Lost in speed
Ok Men. Let's end the battle and do some rating here.

Being There (1979) - IMDb - 10/10

I had this movie for a long time and decided to give a try today. Was puzzled, because the movie is very old (1979)..
Watched and amazed by the screenplay and acting by the story's main character "Chauncey Gardiner", portrayed by Peter Sellers.

Plot goes like this..
Chance(main character) works for a wealthy man in Washington DC, from his childhood and he had no contact to the Outside world. All he knew was the TV in his room, Manor he worked for and the owner. One day, the wealthy man died and he was forced to walk out of the Manor by the owner's son, so that he can sell the manor. With no worldly knowledge, he wanders here and there and . . . . . . . . . . he grew up to the level, for the potential replacement of POTUS.

So, how's a man with NO worldly knowledge grew up to the top level. That's where the story lies.
Do give it a try, if you want to see a classic sort of movie.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Bad Taste (1987) - 7/10
one hilarious comedy,horror & gory movie...directed by Peter Jackson and he also acted in this movie...
a must watch

The Deadly Spawn (1983) - 6.5/10
This movie is a little creepy initially specially the under basement scene and also a gory movie

ajayritik

Technomancer
None watched "Son of Sardar"?

*newindianexpress.com/incoming/article597715.ece/ALTERNATES/w460/SonofSardar-P-E.jpg
How is this, even possible??

U didn't check my post I guess.

Jab Tak Hai Jaan
Fan rating 8/10
Critics rating 7/10

Full review posted here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/142107-movie-review-thread-2.html#post1787168
This is too much man. Fan's rating Vs Critics Rating!
i dunno why you overrate movies like Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Ra.One and Rockstar??
I haven't watched JTHJ so will wait before I comment on them. However the latter two are no that great. Period
Jab Tak Hai Jaan: Screenplay- 8/10, story- 2/10.. Another bollywood movie with terrible script and incredible casting.
Why don't you give the overall rating instead of Screenplay and Story Rating separate.
Point of view....have you heard about that?

And, i can defend Ra.One anyday. Shall we open a new thread for that discussion?
Sure please.
We should atleast appreciate the VFX of Ra.One..
It's far better than any Indian-techy movie, ever made.
Maybe.
bcoz of SRK in both movies...:oops:

Ya VFX was good but failed to make an impact on audience...plot was poor

Yes SRK fanboy.

Ra.One had better script than most bollywood blockbuster and obviously better than "Ek tha tiger". I admit it was bad in script side but at least SRK dared to venture in some forbidden zone. You know like "RGV ki Aag" most people bashed 'Ra.One" without seeing it!

VFX in Ra.One was good but not at par with international level and if only the action choreography were a bit better it would have gained few respect from critics.

I'm a fanboy and I love all his movies. Non-fanboys could atleast appreciate his try.
Even though I'm not a fan of either Salman Khan or Shahrukh Khan I would rather prefer Ek Tha Tiger over RA. ONE any day. However I also would agree with you that yes SRK did give it a try with RA. One. He tried something different true. Appreciate the effort. But it wasn't great.
That's all good, but a bad movie is a bad movie. And I'm sure Ra.One could have been a real good movie if it wasn't so pretentious.
^+100 to this
yeah... much more interesting than the movie itself.
Absolutely agree
But a late conversation...
Yep
I did not watch the movie yet but whoever did the trailer of "Jab tak hai Jaan" did a good job. Real catchy stuff.
Really?
Overall I generally like Rhitwick's recommendations etc but SRK Movies all of them well....

digitfan

Right Off the Assembly Line
Ra one lacked
1.Logic.(very very poor use of logic.would prefer Ek tha tiger any day over it)
2.Worst screenplay.
3.Some over acting.
4.Poor story.
Even ra one has only two songs which are good.Both sung by akon,
Where as ek tha tiger has more than two good songs.All of them sung by desi singers.Ek tha tiger wins.:wink:

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Censored cinema - in pictures | Film | guardian.co.uk

Ra one lacked
1.Logic.(very very poor use of logic.would prefer Ek tha tiger any day over it)
2.Worst screenplay.
4.Poor story.
Aren't these three things are same?
3.Some over acting.
'Some' is better than trash acting which everyone (including people who has never seen an SRK movie) complains about SRK and his movies.

So, only two aspects of the movie which you did not like.

Even ra one has only two songs which are good.Both sung by akon,
Where as ek tha tiger has more than two good songs.All of them sung by desi singers.Ek tha tiger wins.:wink:
I really liked songs of Ra.One.
Chammak Challo
Dildara
Criminal
(My fav) Bhare Naina
Music of 'Raftaarein'
And background score titled "I'm on"

There is hardly any song that is good in "Ek tha tiger". "Agent Vinod" which falls in same category as 'ETT' had some really catchy tune.

This is too much man. Fan's rating Vs Critics Rating!
Well, I wrote what I felt and wrote a huge review to justify that. Read it if you want.

I haven't watched JTHJ so will wait before I comment on them. However the latter two are no that great. Period
Point of view...again.

Sure please.
Will you take part in it?
Even though I'm not a fan of either Salman Khan or Shahrukh Khan I would rather prefer Ek Tha Tiger over RA. ONE any day. However I also would agree with you that yes SRK did give it a try with RA. One. He tried something different true. Appreciate the effort. But it wasn't great.

^+100 to this
Dude, he tried. Learn to appreciate efforts.
If it were any run-of-the mill movie showing repetitive subject I would have never brought "effort" question here.
In an interview he told, though "Ra.One" had made significant profit he was scared of the kind of criticism that movie received. He also told that he had no idea if Ra.One would ever have a sequel but he would lave to make one.
I would love to see a sequel. I'm a fanboy, its my duty but irrespective of that he already knows his faults from Ra.One and hopefully they would be fixed in sequel.

Overall I generally like Rhitwick's recommendations etc but SRK Movies all of them well....
I don't know why few people do not like him and bash him so bad. May be its fashion now to hate SRK!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dude, he tried. Learn to appreciate efforts.

This should apply to every movies, actually to every person and every work out there. So there are no bad movies, no bad actors, no bad politicians, nothing's bad in the earth actually. All are 10/10 material. it's our point of view which makes us think something else. Everyone's making an effort.

ajayritik

Technomancer
This should apply to every movies, actually to every person and every work out there. So there are no bad movies, no bad actors, no bad politicians, nothing's bad in the earth actually. All are 10/10 material. it's our point of view which makes us think something else. Everyone's making an effort.
Agree to that
^^+1

digibrush

digitalpainter

Well said. :D

digitfan

Right Off the Assembly Line
Censored cinema - in pictures | Film | guardian.co.uk
Aren't these three things are same?
May be its fashion now to hate SRK!
Sorry no intention to insult you.But you made me confuse too thats why i searched again.They are not completely similar.

Logic:- A system of reasoning
screen·play :- The script for a movie, including descriptions of scenes and some camera directions.
story :- An account or recital of an event or a series of events, either true or fictitious

If you apply logic in every movie then more than 70% of the movies will be meaningless.

If a movie has a good story and a bad screenplay then chances of its failing are high.But if it has a bad story with some awesome screenplay then the chances of its failing are less.There are many examples i think you know them better than me.:)

Btw people hate srk because he sometimes overacts too much even in real life too.I hate him because he enjoyed my anushka in two movies completely.i will never forgive him and that btch.:-x

Joker
Must watch.Completely entertaining and a good movie.shirish kunder atlast applied some brain.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Identity (2003) - 8/10
Excellent thriller movie...Cusak did a gr8 job..a must watch for Thriller/Suspense fans...

The Burning Moon (1997) - 5/10
This is cult movie for gore fans...and a rare to find movies

Top Bottom