Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Coming to IMAX - How costly is the IMAX camera? Because imdb says that second time an IMAX camera was broken on the sets of Nolan/Batman movie.

Its quite expensive , One IMAX Camera was broken while filming the highway/tunnel chase scene in The Dark Knight , there were just 4 of them in the world . One more was broken in Filming of The Dark Knight Rises by the Catwoman stunt double when she was riding on the batpod. Obviously there were more number of IMAX camera in the world by then .

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Jab Tak Hai Jaan
Fan rating 8/10
Critics rating 7/10

Full review posted here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/142107-movie-review-thread-2.html#post1787168

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jab Tak Hai Jaan
Fan rating 8/10
Critics rating 7/10

Full review posted here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/142107-movie-review-thread-2.html#post1787168
i dunno why you overrate movies like Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Ra.One and Rockstar??

Flash

Lost in speed
None watched "Son of Sardar"?

*newindianexpress.com/incoming/article597715.ece/ALTERNATES/w460/SonofSardar-P-E.jpg
How is this, even possible??

amjath

Human Spambot
Jab Tak Hai Jaan: Screenplay- 8/10, story- 2/10.. Another bollywood movie with terrible script and incredible casting.

Yes another idiotic story waste of time. I think anything ll do if srk, one love story and 2 heroines are involved. Stupid waste of time and money.

Flash

Lost in speed
We should atleast appreciate the VFX of Ra.One..
It's far better than any Indian-techy movie, ever made.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
SRK fanboy? Admit it, Ra.One is one terrible movie. Good vfx don't make good movies.
Yes SRK fanboy.

Ra.One had better script than most bollywood blockbuster and obviously better than "Ek tha tiger". I admit it was bad in script side but at least SRK dared to venture in some forbidden zone. You know like "RGV ki Aag" most people bashed 'Ra.One" without seeing it!

:sigh: most superhero movies from hollywood tend to have similar plotline but they excel on VFX and action choreography. VFX in Ra.One was good but not at par with international level and if only the action choreography were a bit better it would have gained few respect from critics.
For me a superhero movie consists of two things VFX and boss fights. Ra.One lacked in these two but not failed.

I'm a fanboy and I love all his movies. Non-fanboys could atleast appreciate his try.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Yes SRK fanboy.

Ra.One had better script than most bollywood blockbuster and obviously better than "Ek tha tiger". I admit it was bad in script side but at least SRK dared to venture in some forbidden zone. You know like "RGV ki Aag" most people bashed 'Ra.One" without seeing it!

:sigh: most superhero movies from hollywood tend to have similar plotline but they excel on VFX and action choreography. VFX in Ra.One was good but not at par with international level and if only the action choreography were a bit better it would have gained few respect from critics.
For me a superhero movie consists of two things VFX and boss fights. Ra.One lacked in these two but not failed.

I'm a fanboy and I love all his movies. Non-fanboys could atleast appreciate his try.

That's all good, but a bad movie is a bad movie. And I'm sure Ra.One could have been a real good movie if it wasn't so pretentious.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Yes SRK fanboy.

If that is the case then Superhero movies like The Dark Knight which hardly had any major vfx (other than Dent's Face) or any major Boss Fight would not qualify as a great movie.

I am not Bashing RA.ONE (as I havent seen it) , I am just pointing out one of your statement.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
If that is the case then Superhero movies like The Dark Knight which hardly had any major vfx (other than Dent's Face) or any major Boss Fight would not qualify as a great movie.

I am not Bashing RA.ONE (as I havent seen it) , I am just pointing out one of your statement.
Dude, have you seen "Watchmen" ? Its the grand-dad of such dark and thought-provoking superhero movies. And TDK lacked major VFX...what was the chase sequence then? And what worked for TDK was a neat story and a tight screenplay. Ra.One lacked both of these which I've already told...I've even already told these when I first reviewed this on TDF.

TDK or no TDK, superhero movies to me are for pure win of good over evil and while doing so loads of action and 'Superheroic' moments. The moments could be built up with help of technology or in cases brilliant thrillers or showing something unseen till date. Just to elaborate my point I'm gonna name "Inception"...if you look back what you have seen in that movie or what the story was you would find yourself searching for it but Inception cashed on brilliant film-making, good screenplay and 100% on uniqueness.

I go to watch superhero movies to enjoy and have that childish fun of seeing my hero win. I missed it in "Ra.One". And that is my complain on Ra.One...I could not enjoy it.

I've told this to "Sam9S" once and saying again. No movie is all bad or a zero rater...if you dissect any of your personal worst movie you would find at least one or two points which you can appreciate.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Ok i agree with rithwik that Ra.1 Is better than Ek ta Flop...seriously why do people love ek ta tiger? It's the worst movie i ever saw, All salman movie released after ready are the worst movies i ever saw, Yes Even D2 will suck

Top Bottom