Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ajayritik

Technomancer
Grudge I was able to download the movie Elephants dream on my PC from the site that was mentioned. I felt the beggining of the movie something different but the remaining part didnt look that better. I have the following configuration do you think HD should work? or should I install the softwares that you earlier mentioned in this post to be installed to get a better effect. Please let me know.
Core 2 Duo 2.13 6420
1 GB RAM
Any other information you need? Please let me know if I need to have anything else to get the full results and I have 15" CRT. Will that make a difference? DO I need to have LCD?

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
My Mac got Santa Rosa 2.2 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM and 128 MB Gfx card. But remeber I've never tried playing 1080p. I've only 720p with me, right now.

RAM has nothing to do with HD. It's only Proccy and maybe Gfx card. I made a typo in my previous post. "With 3.2 ghz, there should NOT be a problem."

Try FFDshow and post back. You need to find a good player and proper codec to play 1080p. Also why MPC? Try other players like MPlayer?

I told this guy 1080p is useless. You will not notice a difference on a 24" display unless you watch movies with a magnifying glass.

Get CoreAVC
Get AC3filter

Media Player classic > Options > External filters > Add filter > Browse > CoreAVCdecoder.ax. Then set it to "Prefer". (If you used some script to install coreavc, then you can skip the 'browse' step.)

...>...>External Filters > Add filter > AC3 decoder should be in the list. Make sure it's 1.46 version.

Should work

Here is also a clear case that VLC plain sucks. You will NOT get that 1080p working in VLC no matter what you do.

@techtronics: I feel sorry for you. Now that you have a 24" display, there's no going back to dvdrips. I'm sure within a month or two it will be just "HDrips fan" in your usertitle... :)

@drgrudge - Will check both yours and Milind's Tips
@goobimama - 720p is for Vintage and Classics, but DVDRips still should be downloaded for Movies not available in HD. What you say is absolutely true with respect to 1080p. I am planning to stick to 720p

slugger

Banned
Just finished watching Michael Clayton

Nice movie it is. actually this reminded me of the Constant Gardner and i liked that one better

George clooney was good, but not sure if his performance in the movie merited an Oscar nomination

Even then not a bad watch, if you don't know what else to watch

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
I told this guy 1080p is useless. You will not notice a difference on a 24" display unless you watch movies with a magnifying glass.

Get CoreAVC
Get AC3filter

Media Player classic > Options > External filters > Add filter > Browse > CoreAVCdecoder.ax. Then set it to "Prefer". (If you used some script to install coreavc, then you can skip the 'browse' step.)

...>...>External Filters > Add filter > AC3 decoder should be in the list. Make sure it's 1.46 version.

Should work

Here is also a clear case that VLC plain sucks. You will NOT get that 1080p working in VLC no matter what you do.

You are a genius. Matrix Trilogy is playing without any flaws.
Installed CoreAVC Pro Edition and AC3 Filter v1.46
I am astonished whether it is my PC which is able to play 1080p HDRip without any problems :)

Buddy, if you want any help from me anytime, I am ready to do.

Last edited:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
ajayritik -
I think you can play 720p without issues. RAM has nothing to do with HD playback. It's only Proccy and maybe Gfx card. Check goobi's post here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=741456#post741456

techtronic -
Hehe... enjoy HD bliss. :D

iMav -
Why would you bother abt size if it's a legal copy? ;) Hope you get my point.

goobimama

 Macboy
@ajaytrik: 15" CRT? Forget about HD. It'll only make a difference if you have something like a 19" or above LCD, or a large screen laptop. Your system is more than capable of playing HD though.

Let me make a small little proclamation: Any C2D above 2Ghz can play HD 1080p.
@techtronic: Your PC will most likely choke on 16:9 high bitrate 1080p. Also, CoreAVC isn't the best looking codec. You can get better picture quality with FFDshow, though that will require a C2D.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^I got a c2d e6300(1.86ghz) and 2gb RAM but no dedicated graphic card,so can I play 1080p(Dont have a good enough display for full HD but asking just out of curiosity).720p plays flawless though(had a 720p NFS:pS video which played flawlessly on vlc media player).

goobimama

 Macboy
:Insert that smiley where he takes his hand and slaps it on his forehead:
Kya bola mein? huh? Graphics card is useless! Totally useless. CPU is all that does the work.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^yea yea..actually processing power doesnt matter..its the architecture that matters..any C2d pocessor of the 6xxx series can play hd effortlessly...

ajayritik

Technomancer
Thanks for the info gobimama! One more thing I wanted to check with you all people here. I'm unable to download the HD trailers in apple site. All I get when I download them is some small mov file of certian KB. Can someone give me more info from where I can download free HD stuff? It doesnt matter whether its movie, TV serial etc.

goobimama

 Macboy
To download HD trailers from Apple quicktime, you will either need Quicktime Pro (just click on the trailer you want, wait for it to load > File > Save as self contained) or get Quicktime alternative which allows for direct right-click on trailer > Save movie.

Watched Good Luck Chuck today. Time pass "lunch movie" type. A lot of hot chicks though :D

slugger

Banned
OFFTOPIC
Graphics card is useless! Totally useless. CPU is all that does the work.

dat bit of info is obsolete dood :)

PureVideo™ HD technology

PureVideo HD technology is the combination of a dedicated video processing core on the NVIDIA GPU and software in the NVIDIA drivers that delivers superb video quality with minimal CPU use and low power consumption when playing Blu-ray or HD DVD discs on a PC.

even ATI has come up with their own verision of HD rendering technology for their GPUs

ATI Radeon™ HD 2000

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ Yeah I know. Trust me. GPU acceleration does nothing much. Better to use CoreAVC than use PureVideo. I haven't tried ATi's video decoder, but since I hear Nvidia is better, I didn't bother.

Try playing a HD DVD or blu ray on a Pentium 4 with a graphics card. And then try playing it on a Core2Duo without a graphics card and you'll see.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Guys who have seen Donnie Darko plz tell me what is going on in the movie?? I mean in the last part how he reaches the past?? Why he doesn't escape even when he knew his room gonna go bang-bang??

Who

Guess Who's Back
I have seen it, if you like that movie then go see 12 monkeys they are kinda like the same.

As for your questions, this will answer them
*www.imdb.com/title/tt0246578/faq

Its my kind movie, people need to watch this movie more than once to understand it more, i kinda like this type of movies.

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
movie: A walk to remember
genre: Romance

one of the very few movies i liked a lot in recent times..:)

*www.imdb.com/title/tt0281358/

ajayritik

Technomancer
Here you go:
*www.elephantsdream.org/

But that short is BS though. You can test if your system can play full 1080p or not. :D

What is BS? I have already downloaded the one that you have given. I'm looking for something like movie rather than animation.

Top Bottom