Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

goobimama

 Macboy
The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Awesome movie. Amazing cinematography, really nice soundtrack, class acting by Casey Affleck, and most of all, beautiful storyline. There's nothing much going on, but the tension is kept throughout the latter part of the film (it's a little slow to start).

4.5/5

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Watched Lawrence of Arabia today (Yawned 4 times while watching) ;)

@goobimama and @drgrudge - Guys can you help me ?
I have a specific problem when playing 1080p HDRips,
Using VLC makes the video blur while audio is fine, on the other hand using Media Player Classic makes the video clear and distorts audio.
I checked using Matroska Diag, it says All Codecs installed.Still after installing CCCP, Audio Skips sometimes occur and video gets fast forwarded when maximized to full screen

My Sys Config
P IV 3.2 Ghz HT
1 GB DDR 400 RAM
256 XFX 6200 nVIDIA Graphics Card
24" Dell E248WFP Monitor

Do you think I need to upgrade my RAM or its the Processor which is letting me down as per the Sys Req given below ?

By the way found this really cool page from Apple's Website regarding Minimum System Requirements for HD Playback n008s
*i32.tinypic.com/xfokgo.jpg

Last edited:

c2b2

Right off the assembly line
1. I am Legend
Genre: Thriller

2. An Inconvenient Truth
(Pls watch this movie friends. Its a request)
Genre: Documentary (i think)
(I always had a feeling that documentaries are boring. But trust me, this is not a boring movie. And its a must watch. Chk out imdb or wikipedia for details)

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Thanks for the guide,drgrudge.;)

After waiting just 6 days, I received my Dell 24 inch E248WFP Monitor :D
Watched 300 in High Def. Viola, I couldnt believe my eyes for the print.
But I have a specific problem when playing 1080p HDRips,
Using VLC makes the video blur while audio is fine, on the other hand using Media Player Classic makes the video clear and distorts audio.

My Sys Config

P IV 3.2 Ghz HT
1 GB DDR 400 RAM
24" Dell E248WFP Monitor

Do you think I need to upgrade my RAM ?

Last edited:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
techtronic -
AFAIK, RAM has nothing to do with the HD playback. It's your proccy. With 3.2 ghz, there should be a problem.

Did you try the codecs? In my PC, I play with VLC as it's playing without any issue, but my friend uses FFDshow. See the guide again and try the codecs. You can play in full 1080p. :)

By the way, what's the resolution of the monitor and how much is that?

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Dell E248WFP Monitor - 24 " (Max Res - 1920*1200)
Cost - 24076 (including Warranty & Delivery Charges)

So you really think that my processor could be a problem as suggested before ?
By the way what is your Hardware Config ?
Anyway I am planning to upgrade my RAM next month by another 1 GB
(Currently its 1 GB)

I am able to play 720p HDRips without any issues,
I didnt even install CCCP Codec pack, I just used VLC 0.8.6c to play.
Issue is only with 1080p HDRips as I have mentioned before.
Inspite of installing AVC and AAC Codecs, the video skips with MPC and audio skips with VLC

drgrudge

My Mac got Santa Rosa 2.2 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM and 128 MB Gfx card. But remeber I've never tried playing 1080p. I've only 720p with me, right now.

RAM has nothing to do with HD. It's only Proccy and maybe Gfx card. I made a typo in my previous post. "With 3.2 ghz, there should NOT be a problem."

Try FFDshow and post back. You need to find a good player and proper codec to play 1080p. Also why MPC? Try other players like MPlayer?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Thanks for the guide,drgrudge.;)

After waiting just 6 days, I received my Dell 24 inch E248WFP Monitor :D
Watched 300 in High Def. Viola, I couldnt believe my eyes for the print.
But I have a specific problem when playing 1080p HDRips,

My Sys Config

P IV 3.2 Ghz HT
1 GB DDR 400 RAM
24" Dell E248WFP Monitor

Do you think I need to upgrade my RAM ?

Just try SMplayer once :)

goobimama

 Macboy
I told this guy 1080p is useless. You will not notice a difference on a 24" display unless you watch movies with a magnifying glass.

Get CoreAVC
Get AC3filter

Media Player classic > Options > External filters > Add filter > Browse > CoreAVCdecoder.ax. Then set it to "Prefer". (If you used some script to install coreavc, then you can skip the 'browse' step.)

...>...>External Filters > Add filter > AC3 decoder should be in the list. Make sure it's 1.46 version.

Should work

Here is also a clear case that VLC plain sucks. You will NOT get that 1080p working in VLC no matter what you do.

Last edited:

drgrudge

Ok, I'll get Robots in full 1080p (within a week or so) and I'll try to run on VLC. Let's see if there is any issue.

goobimama

 Macboy
@techtronics: I feel sorry for you. Now that you have a 24" display, there's no going back to dvdrips. I'm sure within a month or two it will be just "HDrips fan" in your usertitle... :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
oh man i cant wait to get a 1080 rip for my 32" :twisted: now just wondering for a movie to waste 2gigs on

faraaz

Evil Genius
The Matrix is always good for eye candy...or Lord of the Rings - Return of the King...mmm...eye candy....

drgrudge

Guys, what is this? NO SCENE/TORRENT SITES TALK. Talking about HD stuffs is ok but we don't want other things hinting what you are upto.

I'll have to close/delete this thread (like Raaabo said) if things get out of hand.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^Okk,sorry,shouldn't have mentioned that site in this thread.But talking about the sizes was ok,or we can't talk about that either?(just asking)

drgrudge

Talking about torrent sites and release groups will not be allowed. This size talk also makes no sense. People need to know that HD stuff is big. For any other info, they need to be on their own.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@grudgy is talking about rips illegal? sources and links yes but is talking about size of a movie after ripping considered illegal:?:

Top Bottom