Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
The House of Flying Daggers : 9/10

Watch it for the locales and the costumes. Seems as if buckets of well chosen paint have been thrown all about. Lovely.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
X-men: First Class - Loved it as expected. Has a decent script too. X-men, now is probably my favorite superhero movie series.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger tides - Nothing extraordinary. Usual stuff just to keep the series going.

An intermittent typical hollywood dose is a must for me amongst some serious movie watching.

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Wat!!!:shock:..BR released already!!..so soon!!!

Just finished watching Touch of Evil!! An absolute treat for the lovers of Noir film genre!! Another amazing flick by the Great Welles!!

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The Chaser - Average movie. Loved the cinematography, but the way the story was handled wasn't satisfying.

Tucker & Dale vs Evil - Enjoyed this movie. Comedy of errors, is the best way to describe it. At first I thought it was spoof, but then it took an unexpected twist and turned into this hilarious movie.

ajayritik

Technomancer
X-men: First Class - Loved it as expected. Has a decent script too. X-men, now is probably my favorite superhero movie series.
Do we have to watch the earlier series of Xmen to watch this one? Any continuity etc?

Aarakshan: 5/10 Predictable. Somewhat Boring. Very Offtopic.
What do you mean by offtopic?

Gangajal is best movie made by Prakash Jha, and it is must watch movie.
I would say Gangajal is the best movie from Prakash Jha after his foray into commercial movies. Even Apaharan was a decent watch.

Completely Disagree
I think it reflects quite a many things of the Society. No its not a waste movie.

Most of Prakash Jha's movies are atleast good enough to watch once. So I'm sure you are right when you say Aarakshan should be a decent watch.

puneetgarg

Learn & Earn
Aarakshan - it touched each and every aspect of the issue from every person's point of view living in India.. pretty awesome.. loved it

ssb1551

Technomancer
Do we have to watch the earlier series of Xmen to watch this one? Any continuity etc?

Nope!! Thats why the name "First Class"..This shows the genesis of X-men!!

The Midnight Meat Train - A must watch for horror/slasher genre. The best part is its build up and Vinnie Jones got 3 words:lol:..

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

The Midnight Meat Train - A must watch for horror/slasher genre. The best part is its build up and Vinnie Jones got 3 words:lol:..

Lizard people.

a_medico

Chillum Baba

I think, Yes. This has introduction of characters. It wouldn't be fun if you don't know them already. The movie would still be enjoyable.

Thor - Good watch. Theres more to it after the credits. Got to know it from imdb, else would have missed it.

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^ Last night I watched thor and I missed that too, after reading to ur post watched that scene after credits

Thor 7/10

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
That's one of the reason for me, to watch a movie till the end, and by end, I mean, to the VERY end...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I always wait till the credits roll over because at the end I can find the song names and enjoy them for the time being.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Thor - Good watch. Theres more to it after the credits. Got to know it from imdb, else would have missed it.

THe problem of watching movies in cinema halls is that none but u waits till the credits finish.

I missed the after credit scene for Fast five and Thor.

Hope there are no such scene after Kung Fu Panda, Pirates, X-Men

Another legendary movie goes under remake hammer...

This time its "Oldboy"

His name has been linked to the film for a while now, but Josh Brolin has signed on the dotted line to star in Spike Lee’s planned remake of Oldboy.

LINK

ssb1551

Technomancer
Just finished watching Shaolin!! Nice performance by Andy Lau but his kungfu moves weren't smooth!! The character needed both : very good acting and martial art skills.Lau lacked in the latter!!But overall worth watching once!!

Top Bottom