Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ajayritik

Technomancer
Watched Transformers Dark of The Moon 3 D. One of the few movies which I enjoyed in 3 D. The movie was better than the second part.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Singham 6.5/10

I liked it more than Dabaang! Dabaang had a sh1tty story but Singham at least has some plot.

A straight out of 80's movie. Its like a paerson was in koma and after 30 years he woke up and went out in public wearing latest fashion.

Well, let me admit it had nothing new to offer you...not by story or concept. Its a straight cut action movie. Sometimes you need such brainless movies to relax and have fun.

Prakash Raj rocks as the bad guy...he's the new Amrish Puri...has same devilish eyes! (I know he's already a superstar in south but us bollywood audience are honored to have him here. Wish to see him more)

Kajal Aggarwal is there because its rule that all heoes have girlfriends...always.

In summary: Shaky start, shaky climax but good middle part. A guilty pleasure indeed.

Go for it. Once in a month its ok to watch such movies.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The Chaser (2008) - 8/10
awesome movie...korean directors are really gr8 in doing this hats off...
only the ending was bit unfair....

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@zangetsu, the ending was unfair but true. If u look up my pay review,i had posted a link of interview of the pimp on whom the movie is based...he tells,
that the girl does in original incident.
Do read the interview, that is more scarf and shocking than the movie

Movies that I've watched in least few days...
(no internet at home so can't decorate my posts with links of imdb)

Grand Illusion 7.5/10

Pineapple Express 6.5/10

The Firm 7.5/10

Antibodies 8.5/10 (a great serial killer movie. Very good drama. A must watch for sure)

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer
Re-watched some movies

Paycheck :: 8/10

Bone collector :: 8/10

Billy Madison :: 7/10

Happy Gilmore :: 7/10

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Man From Nowhere 7.8/10

The movie starts looking like its gonna be "Leon the professional" remake. Then it turned into "Taken" and then it turned into a normal revenge drama.

Still rating high because it stuck its strong (but tried and tested old) script. With better action.
Give it a try...

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Infidel 8.8/10

A very good black comedy. Thanks anorion for mentioning it...I had it with me but never had the enthu to watch it.
Comparable to "Four Lions" and moreover it never goes serious...
A must watch and a remarkable movie which touches some serious issues still manages to stay light.

Last edited:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^ grabbing it. Was planning to watch when it was released but there were no subtitles then. I usually don't take chance with British movies :)

Next on my list :
The Infidel
Cold Fish

quan chi

mortal kombat
@Asingh Well please don't take it otherwise but a friendly question.
I must say your taste is weird you gave bodyguard a rating which according to many it doesn't deserve,and for movies like delhi belly or dev.d you have nothing!

Let me make this clear first i haven't seen any(bodyguard and delhi belly) of them yet.

But i did saw some bodyguard scenes and trust me i would say they are straight away lousy.Many people said it was almost a garbage.

Still tastes differ again sorry for asking this question as i just became curious when this movie was bashed by many and one of the members of this forum in must not thread.Then how could you give it a juicy rating

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@quan chi, asingh already told once that he does not like piece of life movies or movies that are too realistic.

He goes to movies to unwind and "bodyguard" are the kind of movie which help him do that.

Again, he has his choices...

And I present u the trailer of Straw Dogs !!!

I don't think it would release in India...still

[YOUTUBE]7krZZabaC_U[/YOUTUBE]

Top Bottom