Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Limitless. Oh wat a brilliant escape from psycho stuff. Was waiting two weeks for the BR to release, and it's worth the wait. My head got cleared up without that damn pill, :lol: Still I think I've seen...
*img534.imageshack.us/img534/1526/80625155.jpg

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Once upon a Time in Mumbai - Awesome! 8/10

Rocket Singh - Nice entertainer! You'll learn a lot of things from it! 7/10

Karthik Calling Karthik - Getting bored? Watch this one! Good one! 6/10

ajayritik

Technomancer
Kate and Leopold 8/10. Movie was good especially performance by the lead actor Hugh Jackman. Hindi Movie Action Replayy looks like had same theme borrowed. But this movie was way better than AR.

Megamind 7/10. One of the decent animated flicks. May not be as engaging as Up, How To Train a Dragon but still good enough.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
The Pursuit of happyness ..... Finally after being there in my library for a loooonnng time I managed to view this Gem yesterday night. To be frank, last time I remember I cried in a hollywood movie (yes I do cry ..:) ) was during Scent of a women[ and Pursuit of happyness made be cry pretty effectively. The movie is one GEM of a piece. Easily one of the best performance of will smith after seven pounds. (indecently both are directed by the same director)
The movie is based on the true life story of Christopher Gardner who during 1980s, struggled with extreme poverty, homelessness and loneliness while raising his toddler son, Christopher jr, and how he managed to come out of the crisis and made success out of his life.
The move is totally dependent on Will's performance and boy what a performance he gives, the pain, the anguish, the struggle, the fear is so very realistically portrayed by his eyes and body language that it send shivers down your spine. I can assure you, as a middle class citizen of this country, the movie actually makes you appreciate your life and what God has given to you. The direction is top notch and no liberties taken. Just shows the hard facts of poverty of America and what your determination can make you achieve.
I highly recommend this movie to every struggling individual............7.5/10 for this one

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I am not sure I posted about Insidious in this thread. Was very highly recommended to me. It was scary in parts. Different too. But was a mix of quite a few horror movies.
I saw this over the weekend and it was quite average. Some of the parts were ridiculous and poorly scripted, all thanks to the Ghostbusters-esque team.

Also saw The Next Three Days and I was really disappointed in it. Felt rushed and really dragged along in the middle. They could have cut down the length of the movie too. Poor Olivia Wilde was wasted in this movie. Crowe did a good job, but the whole set up of the movie was just poorly conceived.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Surprising to see a round figure from you for a change. We are used to 6.233, 7.89238438, etc kind of numbers from you. ;)

well well well .... ain't you being a bit harsh ... :smile: It was always x, x.3, x.5, x.8, y .
I remember explaining this somewhere in the back pages as well.

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
I,Robot - 7.6/10 ( I couldn't understand in depth )

----------------------------
The Fast and the Furious (2001)
2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)

^ Really Awesome ones !!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I, Robot IS AWESOME! I can watch that many times over! Will Smith is great. Visual Effects are mind freaking!
And Story is all the more great. I recommend watching it again! And this time with subtitles!

Top Bottom