Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ssb1551

Technomancer
Zangetsu - just search Oldboy in imdb. You'll get the link. I think its either 2000/2003 movie.

I dunno who but somebody in this forum was looking for sad movies. Well whoever it was that person should try Once upon a time in High School. I was going through my DVD collection this evening to give 1 to my cousin when I saw the name. A heartwarming movie!!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^already seen that movie.

The school fighting scene was one of the most intense I have ever seen. a_medico has seen this movie too IIRC. Btw if you really like something different and thoughtful then do try - Bungee Jumping of Their Own

God, I had a list of Korean movies but with my website everything is gone now.

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Don't worry I've watched a lotta Korean/Jap movies:D..I'll help you recollect:p..given the names click to me..

Anyways 1 movie I remembered is Taekguki : Brotherhood of War!! The protagonist is the same guy in The Warrior's Way(which was pathetic to be honest). But Taekguki is on a whole other level & its a war movie so its gotta be sad!!

1 more interesting movie of Byung Lee,the protagonist in I saw the Devil & one of the bad guys in G.I.Joe Rise of Cobra,is one where he plays a role of a soldier. I can't recall the name right now but its a 3 lettered name & starts with J--..Anyways a very intriguing movie!!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Yeah Taegukgi, you can hear eulogies from sam9s about this movie.

Another one, Dongmakgol (same girl who was in Old Boy and Lovephobia).

ssb1551

Technomancer
Oh 1 more sad movie I remembered - Daisy!! The guy is the lead actor from A Moment to Remember & the chick is the lead actress of My Sassy Girl!!

@ Faun - Also add Failan to that list!!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^seen both lol

Failan is a gem. Unsettling and depressing ending. Actress is chinese, beautiful indeed.

Watch The Most Distant Course if you can bear with slow paced movies like Failan. It's worth not missing. a_medico has seen this one.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Wow!!didn't know of that movie & the one before it - Bungee Jumping...

As long as we are on the topic of sad movies have you watched Black Bread??It aint a Korean flick...its a Catalan movie.

Oh and not a sad movie but have you watched Ditto??

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Heard about Ditto, not yet watched.

Never heard about Black Bread. Thanks for the reccos.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Movies like Oldboy or any movie with gore but with a decent script are disturbing but we also have developed tolerance for them.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Rogue (2007) - 7/10
excellent movie to watch...the scripting & direction both are good...

The Best Croc Movie of all time

R2K

In the Zone
Fast Five (2011) - IMDb
7/10
Finally watched this movie after a long period of waiting:D
But is it just me or was the movie too cheesy at some point...:D
And yeah I have to agree that it showed off some extremely cool cars:)

BTW didn't that japanese guy die in that car crash in the fast and furious :tokiyo drift ...How the heck was he able to show up again in Rio ;)

Last edited: