Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ssb1551

Technomancer
Watched The Rite (2011) yesterday!!

I expected a lot from the movie 'cause of the presence of Sir Anthony Hopkins...:sigh:..such a let down!!

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Oh i will watch Inception again tonight, What a movie, this will be my 8-9 time.

8 times,..

i never watched a movie more than once
almost 205 movies in my HDD...
watched only 108/205 among them....figures-xmbc

i even dont remember downloading some movies like taxi driver...etc etc

eurotrip - 7/10.. .downloaded almost 2 years ago...
watched yesterday

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Watched The Rite (2011) yesterday!!

I expected a lot from the movie 'cause of the presence of Sir Anthony Hopkins...:sigh:..such a let down!!

I did enjoy it. Found it much like Emily Rose.

Just saw a 2 mins glimpse of pyar ka punchnama. Looks fun. Might watch it tonight.

pratik385

In the zone
@ a_medico
Pyaar ka punchnama is a bomb mate, Really a great movie. On few dialogs i stand up and claped in the theater :)
Do watch it tonight....

@v.na5
Dude i have 500gb + 320gb ext HDD full of movies :p
I have enough movies and watched but few movies stand out what we call out of the box ;)

@ ajayritik
its a laptop mate :p

stonecaper

SuperMASSiVE
I have 3TB to watch :chinscratch:

And I Thought My 67 GB was too Much :)

Watched Last Weekend

Avatar (2009 PG-13 ) - 3rd time in 1080p

Blitz (2011 R 6.6) - British Tough-Cop type Drama,Liked It

Hanna (2011 PG-13 7.1) - Very Different Kind of thriller

How to Train Your Dragon (2010 PG ) - Fantastic!!

Limitless (2011 PG-13 ) - Weird and Fun

Priest (2011 PG-13 ) - Very Very poor replication of Resident Evil+Underworld.Paul Bettany Could Not hold the Candle of Ass-Kicking to Milla Jovovich :)

Rango (2011 PG ) - Johny Depp is Good But the Chameleon is plain Fugly

Running Scared (2006 R ) - Good Thriller , Lots Of Cussing,Gun toting and Vera farmiga's Smokin' Hot Ass :)

Super (2010 R 7.0) - Much Like Defendor (2009) - IMDb Ellen Page Is Superb

Take Me Home Tonight (2011 R )
- Just another Teen rom-com with some '80s Nostalgia thrown in

Wild Target (2010 PG-13 ) - One Of those Smart Brit mOvies, Superb performances by all three Lead Characters Bill Nighy, Emily Blunt and Rupert Grint

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Yup Wild Target is an exceptional effort!!..Rupert Grint has definitely learned how to act!!

Watched Priest!!A new take on vampires but a big let down!!..Paul Bettany gives the same expression as in the other movie where he plays the role of an archangel(sorry can't remember the name...actually it aint worth remembering)!!

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Yesterday watched Inception in 720p. Must say the movie was totally in a different league. Mindblowing concept and exceptional soundtrack by the legendary HANS ZIMMER.

pratik385

In the zone
Yesterday watched Inception in 720p. Must say the movie was totally in a different league. Mindblowing concept and exceptional soundtrack by the legendary HANS ZIMMER.

As i said ;)
watch in 1080p mate on FHD TV and fullon sound system, it will blow you away. When i watched in theater, the seats were vibrating due to the score of Hans Zimmer. What a effect man. Hats off :)

ajayritik

Technomancer
Pratik can you give details on what kind of resolution I should look for I mean technical details so that I can also get hold of one 1080p of Inception.

After I upgraded from 15"CRT to 22" LCD Monitor watching 700 MB Rips is a pain.
Are there any guys out there who still watch 700 MB rips?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Shaitaan (2011) - 7.5/10
One of the better movie from anuraag...Kalki is a splendid actress

After I upgraded from 15"CRT to 22" LCD Monitor watching 700 MB Rips is a pain.
Are there any guys out there who still watch 700 MB rips?

I watch it still..coz collecting every movie in HD print is time consuming & bandwidth heavy.:))

pratik385

In the zone
I have many 700 rip movies and also 3.5gb but you know one need a player which can support h.264. I have toshiba dvd player which is like portable player. By connecting it to TV I can watch movie of any format. And I watch on Samsung LCD TV 46inch and 7.1 home theater.

But now iam away from home due to job. So no fun :X

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
As i said ;)
watch in 1080p mate on FHD TV and fullon sound system, it will blow you away. When i watched in theater, the seats were vibrating due to the score of Hans Zimmer. What a effect man. Hats off :)

Well i have an LG 32inch fullhd tv and i watched inception on it. Don't have the 1080p version yet and trying to get my hands on one. The 720p version also had DTS-HD audio and my tv couldn't play the sound.

So i had to convert it to AC3 (analog) audio with a bitstream of 384 kbps. I don't have a home theater so used my SONY V150 headphones.

My favorite track was -" Dream is collapsing".:smile:

[YOUTUBE]imamcajBEJs[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer
yes, even when I upgraded my monitor from 17 crt to 20WS my all 700mb rip movies look ****..must be @ least 200 movies, all waste

I got around 275Gb of movies. around 2-2.5 GB each. so must be around 125 movies. I believe at least 75 are pending. Too busy and interested in watching TV series now a days

Top Bottom