Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Any idea where would I get those Cellophane papers? Also could you give more details on why it's not worth it?

you get that in any art stores...
but you need to get the right thickness
i had to fold it several times to get the desired effect

i did that only to see how effective is Anaglyph 3d

abhidev

Human Spambot
^^ In fact that is what i liked the most in the movie ,the twists at the end.

ya but the twists were too much...i mean till he knew who he was he didn't know how to fight...and suddenly when he came to know he is an assassin....he knocks of the bad guy.

Mickey Rourke at his peak. Do not watch with family though. :)

saw the imdb rating which is just 4....and from the star cast i can make out why its a must watch...:grin:...will surely watch alone....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Yes the movie was a laugh riot from the very first minute actually:D. Scary movie was kinda exact copy of scream with different climax and loads of funny moments punched in :D
Gonna watch Scream 2 tonight:D
Did you complete the trilogy? I was done with it this weekend and enjoyed all of them. That leaves me with Scream 4 this weekend. Let's see how it fares.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
yeah ive made my own anaglyphic 3d glasses using cellophane, and these have worked well, but im not sure if haunted is anaglyphic or not, because anaglyphic films suffer from colouring issues and most 3d movies use polarised 3d glasses... there might be anaglyph versions for many movies though (the actual film looks similar and blurred), Siddhartha_t69 might have used anaglyphic glasses on the wrong type of film... you can buy cheap anaglyphic glasses from Buy 3D Products, the guy lives in Mumbai/ Vile Parle and is a 3D enthusiast

Nemes!s

Broken In
Trainspotting
The English Patient
Snatch
28 days later
Slumdog Millionaire
Six shooter
In Bruges
Layer Cake
Death at the funeral
Four Lions
Angela's Ashes
Never let me go

She is better looking actress as per Anurag Kashyap, who happens to be her boyfrn and producer of the film.

mate u missed "lock stock and two smoking barrels" which tops among all:)

R2K

In the Zone
Did you complete the trilogy? I was done with it this weekend and enjoyed all of them. That leaves me with Scream 4 this weekend. Let's see how it fares.
No, I have to watch scream 3 and 4..
Scream 2 was not enjoyable or funny as I expected it to be.(Other than that theatre scene at the beginning :grin:)..
Maybe the first part left me with high expectations :D
Anyway I am gonna catch up with scream 3 and 4 soon.

Watched Dev D yesterday...
I just watched it and I am not even sure if i liked it or not...( I don't see the point of that movie :()

ajayritik

Technomancer
yeah ive made my own anaglyphic 3d glasses using cellophane, and these have worked well, but im not sure if haunted is anaglyphic or not, because anaglyphic films suffer from colouring issues and most 3d movies use polarised 3d glasses... there might be anaglyph versions for many movies though (the actual film looks similar and blurred), Siddhartha_t69 might have used anaglyphic glasses on the wrong type of film... you can buy cheap anaglyphic glasses from Buy 3D Products, the guy lives in Mumbai/ Vile Parle and is a 3D enthusiast

It's Anaglyphic for sure. The movie I got looks blurred with naked eyes atleast in most of the scenes. I tried making one using plastic and markers on glasses but the results were not good. Where could I get a Cellophane? Maybe a stationery? I don't mind buying the glasses which are around Rs 150 for two pairs.

Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara 7/10.
Movie was good and the performances by the lead actors was quite impressive especially Abhay Deol.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@Quan Chi:
Because it showed what is all ready happening in real life. I do not go to cinemas to watch real life, but reel life. And it tried to copy the hallucination sequences from 'Requiem for a Dream'.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Also has anyone watched 'Wild orchid'...got it from a frnd and he said its a must watch....will check the rating later on imdb

Oh boy, I saw this movie during my teens. Though never actually watched it for story but pokies :lol:

Top Bottom