I am the master of my Fate.
About a Boy (2002) - 8/10
what a delightful movie to watch, Hugh Grant at his best

Pyaar Ka Punchnama (2011) - 8.5/10
what a brilliant movie...girls will always be girls

A dog is a dog all 7 days

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
X men First class : 8/10 (Not good as other parts - But still n X-men fan must watch)
Cloudy with a Chance of meatballs : 9/10 (Must watch) not like Toy story :lol:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ She has a very less on-screen time in this move. She only appears for 5-10mins in the first half. Even though she has a role in the second half of the movie, she was totally dominated by the other female lead, kajal agarwal both in story wise and performance wise. I think, they just made her star to cash the craze. The movie is absolutely mediocre anyways.

Finding Nemo - 8.5/10.

Excellent movie. Also, equally terrific voice acting.

Pixar is too good at making movies.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
404 - This forgotten, unrecognized bollywood gem belongs straight into the league of the best Japanese/Korean horror/psychological thriller genre. As someone posted on imdb - If you are looking for a nobrainer, look elsewhere. Else you will be disappointed. This one will need lots of brains.

B R I L L I A N T.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
404 - This forgotten, unrecognized bollywood gem belongs straight into the league of the best Japanese/Korean horror/psychological thriller genre. As someone posted on imdb - If you are looking for a nobrainer, look elsewhere. Else you will be disappointed. This one will need lots of brains.

B R I L L I A N T.
That movie was forgotten but not unrecognized! It got its fare share of appreciation from critics.

Blitz 5.5/10

This is a stupid movie!

@Zangetsu, something for you 7 Days (2010) - IMDb

@ "serious movie" viewers The Burmese Harp (1956) - IMDb

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Covered a couple of movies over the weekend. I must admit, I have not been posting about the movies that I watch for the past couple of weeks, as I used to in this thread.

Any-hoo, in no particular order of recollection:

Schindler's List - Brave movie by Speilberg. Well directed and added some gruesome touches. Liam Neeson & Ben Kingsley, both were fantastic in their roles. I felt it really dragged and became dull in some parts. It takes some time to digest these type of movies. The scene which I thought was really amazing, was the conversation between Helen & Oscar in the basement. That was really brilliant. Then there was Oscar's final speech before he parted ways in the end.

Grown Ups - I had fun. This is again, one of those light headed Adam Sandler flicks. Not very good, but passable as a one time afternoon watch.

Limiteless - Loved the concept and pacing of this film. Though, the ending was really disappointing. Cooper nailed the role.

Black Hawk Down - I confess, this is the only Ridley Scott film, which I think was really mediocre. The action was great, but far too much drama. The initial part where they gun down innocent civilians rose my expectations, but then, it really dragged along. I loved the background score. Specifically, Gortoz a Ran - J'Attend:

[youtube]BWAhVbayGv4[/youtube]

Every time I listen to this track, it just crushes me. Lisa Gerrard has a heavenly voice and this tune is really heart breaking. :(

Scream 4 - After a kick-as* trilogy, I didn't think Craven would reprise this franchise. But he did, and it was pretty good. The start was almost laughable and amateurish, but it became serious later on. The ending was a shocker, but the motive of the killer was laughable.

Quarantine 2: The Terminal - I was pleasantly surprised with this film. First off, it's nothing similar to REC 2 and doesn't even begin from where it left off in Quarantine. It has a separate plot, with completely new characters. I loved the whole set-up and even though they got rid of the handy-cam style, it was enjoyable. Though not as intense as the first one, but pretty entertaining.

Julia's Eyes (Los ojos de Julia) - Again an excellent Spanish thriller. Saw it last night, even though I had a bad cold. The only real problem was the ending. But definitely recommended.

Top Bottom