Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Aren't you people tired of watching hollywood movies? Don't know about yo all, but I am now thinking for a change, and really want to watch some nice bollywood movies.

I would appreciate recommendations, some movies, which doesn't include..
1. A lot of lov-shov
2. Too many songs.
3. Larger than life characters (so remove all shahrukh movies :)))
4. No faltu comedy (like Golmaal etc...)
5. I think you got the point..

I would like to see movies on themes of friendship, unclear themes, if possible based on sci-fi (which I think isn't any).
Besides all of those, pls recommend any movie which you think redefines Indian movies and so are must to watch.

PLEASE!! Help me..

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Aren't you people tired of watching hollywood movies? Don't know about yo all, but I am now thinking for a change, and really want to watch some nice bollywood movies.

1. A lot of lov-shov
2. Too many songs.

I would like to see movies on themes of friendship, unclear themes, if possible based on sci-fi (which I think isn't any).
Besides all of those, pls recommend any movie which you think redefines Indian movies and so are must to watch.

PLEASE!! Help me..

Udaan
LSD
Khichdi
Phas gaye re obama
Quickgun Murugun
13B
Aamir
Chhoti si baat
Gulaal
GUNDA
Happy Days (Telugu)
Yem Maya Chesave (Telugu/Tamil I'm not sure of the language)
Manorama Six Feet Under
No Smoking
The President is Coming
Welcome to Sajjanpur
Loins of Punjab
Well Done Abba (might bore u in the beginning: 10 mins, and end: 5 mins)

All are must watch, and not told to pick one from this list. Watch all.

buddyram

New Voyage
Bollywood List
  1. Dil to bacha hai ji
  2. Do dooni chaar
  3. A Wednesday!
  4. Mumbai Meri Jaan (I haven't watched it yet but still i would like to recommend coz of the storyline!)

First two are nice time pass, and the latter two are pertaining patriotism! But all are must watch movies!

1. A lot of lov-shov
2. Too many songs.

PLEASE!! Help me..

a_medico

Chillum Baba

1. A lot of lov-shov
2. Too many songs.

PLEASE!! Help me..

Gunda, Loha and Phoolan Hasina Ramkali are the must-watch. All directed by the legend - Kanti Shah.
Matrubhoomi - A nation without women
Hazaron Khwaishein Aisi
Parzania
Omkara
Gulaal
No smoking
Aashayein
Ek chalis ki last local
Dev D
Sita sings the blues
(Not a bollywood movie, but directed by an Indian origin director and you can related to it. Officially available free for download)
Oye lucky, lucky oye
Chupke Se
Shool

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
La horde - another good zombie flick and my rating for tis is 6.5 and I watched version anyway ;-)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Many thanks to rhitwick, buddyram and a_medico for the list! That's quite a long list to cover! Considering that I had a little interest in hindi cinemas, its not surprizing to observe that I had watched just 3 of films on these lists: LSD, Ek chalis ki last local and A Wednesday!

Btw, I watched one film in the mean time, which I think, is a must watch, specially on the occasion of Mother's day tomorrow: Dasvidaniyan! MUST WATCH!

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^If you havent seen wrong turn 1, see no evil and The Hills Have Eyes then add these to the list too. Same treatment.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Exorcism of Emily Rose 7.5/10

Very nice concept for a horror movie, tries to put both logical and supernatural angle in front of the audience. Its upon you, what you choose.

Must watch for sure.

Source Code 7.5/10

Source Code=Deja Vu+Matrix+Inception

Only Deja Vu had a strong storyline and more perfect emotional bonding. Then again, I'm comparing Denzel Washington with Jake Gyllenhaal.

I am number four 6/10

At times I thought, I'm watching "Dragon Ball Z", then the special effects reminded its not!

Not good and not too bad. A bit just below avg. movie. Watch it, if you have much time to waste. And don't care what is happening in the screen.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Just came back from Fast Five and this, by far, is the best Fast and Furious movie till date. Beats all the other films by a long shot. The last half an hour would keep you on the edge of the seat and you'll be literally going "Holy sh*t, how did they do that?". Sound and visual effects were fantastic. The camera angles in some shots were brilliantly executed. All the action felt raw, the fist fights, especially.

Fast cars, Cheesy humour, sweet ass chicks, action, emotion, you'll get it all in this movie. Definitely a good summer action flick. :)

Word of advice: Stay back for a few minutes post the credits and you're in for a real surprise. ;)

Top Bottom