Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hey Guyz.... "Source Code" released today!!!
Who is planning to catch this Awesome looking Action Thriller?

[Youtube]NkTrG-gpIzE[/youtube]

abhidev

Human Spambot
Watched 'Thor' yesterday....that movie has some great sfx and visuals...but sadly due to one of my friend missed about 30 mins start of the movie :(...all in all the i just loved the visuals and that guy has some serious muscles man!!!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Never make a mistake of judging a movie from its trailers..my friend...:grin:

You are right on certain levels pal, but trailer does tells you a lot about what can you expect from a movie. And I have a hunch this is going to be one awesome movie! Or it may be the case, that I Want to trust this trailer :))

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ You may want to refer to the rhitwick's post.

Ok, I'd quote it for you...

THOR 6.4/10

I was waiting for this movie for a long time. Had very vague idea about THOR, only read in mythology about him and then knew that there is comic strip about him. So, I was very much excited and eager for this movie.

3D: It was in 3D and that sucks. Most of the close-ups have not 3D effect. I know because I watched half of the movie without the 3D specs! It might be my cinema hall or the movie, but at the same theater I had watched "Megamind" which had some average 3D. Thor is bad 3D. Watch it in 2D medium only. Would cost you less and would not have to keep the heavy glass on your nose for 2 hours.

Summary: Watch it in 2D and have patience.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Fair Game 6/10

A serious issue is told in a very boring way. 1Hr 45 min is its length and the movie focuses on main issue after 50 minutes it had started...

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Well, I know it has its takers here, who would obviously look up to IMDB and form their own opinion.

I had mentioned its a "serious issue"... there are takers of slow but serious movies here :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Here's comes another fan of Zuckerberg! No offence, ajai5777, but this movie is too common and repeated so many times, that I couldn't helped smiling :lol:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
The Ghost Writer.. Just awesome guys. One of the few of those brilliant movies I've seen. Would give it a 8/10.

The Ghost Writer (2010) - IMDb

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Just saw this trailer for Transformers: Dark of the Moon:

[youtube]kHRf01Gjosk[/youtube]

*jaw drops*

Looks like this is finally going to bring back some serious attitude in this film. With it's last movie being a joke, as far as script and dialogue went, I hope this redeems it. On a side note, I hate that they have removed Megan Fox and brought a Victoria's Secret super-model in. [insert fury simley]

ajayritik

Technomancer
Watched Ace Ventura Pet Detective.
7/10.
I really liked the part wherein Jim Carrey searches for the person who has the ring....

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@Ethan_Hunt: Transformers 2 was as good as Transformers 1 although not in story but
FX effects were brilliant....

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - 8/10 (gr8 sound effects & horror ambience Ending was funny)
Btw chainsaw massacre has series of 5 parts
which part u guys liked most???

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Now some movie news,

Flash is coming as movie in 2013
Spiderman 4 in 2012 and spiderman 5 in 2015 :D
Ghost Rider in 2012
And,
"A Devil May Cry" movie in 2013 :D

On other news, not only bollywood is on a sequel spree, its hollywood too.
A prequel to "Blade Runner"
Blair Witch Project pt 3
Constantine 2
Ring pt 3 (3D)
Resident Evil 5 (2012)
Zombieland 2.
Paranormal Activity 3
And a lot of remakes,
The Crow
Suspiria
The Birds
Poltergeist