Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hi frnds, This is a query. I know this has been shared on this thread. Can somebody pls help me remember the name of a movie, which I forgot.
The whole movie was shot in a single room, where some lawyers or judges were discussing a crime scene. And its black and white.
Sorry, but its just that, the posts in this thread are increasing at a greater pace then I can keep a tab on :)

Also, I have heard that a similar film (of Bollywood) is there, of which Om Puri was an actor of. If you know, please share the name of this film too.
Thanks.

Rahim

Married!
Hi frnds, This is a query. I know this has been shared on this thread. Can somebody pls help me remember the name of a movie, which I forgot.
The whole movie was shot in a single room, where some lawyers or judges were discussing a crime scene. And its black and white.
Sorry, but its just that, the posts in this thread are increasing at a greater pace then I can keep a tab on :)

Also, I have heard that a similar film (of Bollywood) is there, of which Om Puri was an actor of. If you know, please share the name of this film too.
Thanks.
12 Angry Men and Ek Ruka Hua Faisla. Surprisingly the latter is also very good just as the inspiration.

EDIT: Did you say Om Puri? He is not in ARHF IIRC.

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Watched 'The Next Three Days', and I loved this thriller very very much. All I can say imdb reviews sucks big time.
The Next Three Days (2010) - IMDb

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Thanks esumitkumar and Rahim.
It was indeed 12 Angry Men, and Ek Ruka Hua Faisla.

Surprisingly, ERHF scores 8.4 on IMDB, even though it seems a copy of 12 Angry Men.
I am guessing, the story would also be the same in Bollywood version too. And despite of it, its funny to see following line on 12 Angry Men page, "Top 250 #7 | Nominated for 3 Oscars. Another 13 wins & 6 nominations" and not even a single such award for ERHF :]

Now I am confused. Which should I see first?

choudang

Padawan
The Classic
My Girl and I
A Moment To Remember
Lover’s Concerto

Language: Korean
Genre: Romance

ps: warning, tears might be unstoppable

D

Deleted member 26636

The Fighter- Christian Bale was awesome...

Black Swan- Amazing movie with really good acting by Natalie Portman

This years Oscar Nominations for the best movie has some really good entries....I can't really say which one should win..

ajayritik

Technomancer
^^ Try Mr. Bean's Holiday - it's great comedy movie - actually you an try out any Mr. Bean series movie - they are all good ;-)

Actually You!
Is that a movie as well?
I have already watched Mr. Bean's Holiday. Also watched Johnny English.
I think there are only two movies bases on Mr. Bean as far as I know. Need to check out the other bean movie.

Rahim

Married!
Thanks esumitkumar and Rahim.
It was indeed 12 Angry Men, and Ek Ruka Hua Faisla.

Surprisingly, ERHF scores 8.4 on IMDB, even though it seems a copy of 12 Angry Men.
I am guessing, the story would also be the same in Bollywood version too. And despite of it, its funny to see following line on 12 Angry Men page, "Top 250 #7 | Nominated for 3 Oscars. Another 13 wins & 6 nominations" and not even a single such award for ERHF :]

Now I am confused. Which should I see first?
As I said, both are great movies and some scenes are frame-by-frame and even similar camera angles copy.
Go with 12 Angry Men first and then watch and compare/contrast.

mohityadavx

Youngling
Can someone suggest me really interesting movies based on real life stories.
For eg one of my favourites
Catch Me If U Can based on the life of Frank William Abagnale

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The People vs. Larry Flynt 8/10

You have seen biopics of persons from various fields, how about the man behind Hustler (THE HUSTLER!!!)

I liked the movie a lot. A really inspiring movie on freedom of speech. I'm not sure if I agree with the explanation given against defamation but sure its a movie which redefines freedom.

Woody Harrelson as Larry Flynt did a marvelous job same as Courtney Love as Althea, his wife.

I found some similarities with "Guru" movie. See, this movie and you would know what I mean.

B/W, I have some issues with some scenes with this movie.

Initial scene showing Larry Flynt as kid does not at all make any impact to the movie. Why was it kept?

P.S. This movie is about Hustler so expect a lot of nudity.

Last edited:
Top Bottom