Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The Exorcism of Emily Rose 7.5/10

Very nice concept for a horror movie, tries to put both logical and supernatural angle in front of the audience. Its upon you, what you choose.

Must watch for sure.

Also recommended - The Rite. I thought it was equally good.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Fast Five 6.4/10

It happened like this, I read Ethan's review at 2PM today and decided I've to have to and have to see this movie. Checked the nearest showtime and caught
the 3.30PM show.

Fast Five=Ocean's Elleven+Kaante (at a time I thought they are gonna sing, "chodna chodna chodna re" song)+awesome physics defying stunts.

I'll say the storyline was very weak and the screenplay has lots of loopholes.

Watch it only for the awesome action, the 75MM deserves ur attention.

Satantango

Anyone up for this movie? It has 8.6 rating in IMDB

But, its a 7.5 hour movie :D

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
I am number four 6/10

At times I thought, I'm watching "Dragon Ball Z", then the special effects reminded its not!

Not good and not too bad. A bit just below avg. movie. Watch it, if you have much time to waste. And don't care what is happening in the screen.

I saw the movie yesterday, loved it!! I will give it a 7.5/10 .

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I'll say the storyline was very weak and the screenplay has lots of loopholes.

Watch it only for the awesome action, the 75MM deserves ur attention.
Story was never a strong point to these films. This was pure high octane action and that's all we need to burn up this summer heat even more. :wink:

The vault being tumbled and dragged by 2 Dodge Chargers was a bit funny, not to mention stabilizing the vault after it ripped apart a bank. It's amazing how it didn't rip the back apart of those Chargers. :lol:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The vault being tumbled and dragged by 2 Dodge Chargers was a bit funny, not to mention stabilizing the vault after it ripped apart a bank. It's amazing how it didn't rip the back apart of those Chargers. :lol:

Not to mention about Newton's second law of motion. The two cars were dragging the vaults as if the vault also had tires. The vault did not have any effect on the speed of the cars. They were still driving at speed over 100 or 200 may be.

Then, the most insane scene is on the bridge, Dom and Brien demolished the 2 police cars and voila!!! Brazil has no more police cars chasing them? What happened to helicopters?

The most distant course 7.5/10

This is a picturesque movie. Every frame seemed to drawn with utmost care. It seemed to me that the movie was never meant to make business or awards or anything. The director had something to say and thats why he did it.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Saw 'Dum maaro dum'...not impressed at all...maybe coz i don't like abhishekd bacchan...but Deepika was awesome !!!!!!!!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Source Code Absolute brilliant stuff ........ very much in the lines off Inception BUT absolutely different in execution, I am not sure how on the earth one can compare source code with inception, its absolutely different from it in its execution ......... I was very satisfied by the fact of how they used the concept and attached it with ....... its definitely not as complicated as inception but very well thought........6.8/10

I compared Sourcecode with Inception but that too was very vague comparison. That was done just for ref.

The concept more matches with Avatar IMO.

Saw 'Dum maaro dum'...not impressed at all...maybe coz i don't like abhishekd bacchan...but Deepika was awesome !!!!!!!!

Deepika was there only for 5 minutes and she was awesome!!!!

U can anyday say "Deepika is awesome", no need to bring DMD :D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I was completely overdosed on movie marathon today. Saw Fast Five in the morning, No String Attached in the afternoon, a complete evening spent for L.A Confidential and just finished watching Identity right now. My eyes are so groggy, I can't even go to IMDB right now to post their ratings. :(

Can someone quickly post a summary of the last 15 minutes of Identity?

This is Hunt signing off for the night.

abhidev

Human Spambot
The concept more matches with Avatar IMO.

I think the concept matches more with minority report...wat say?

Just came back from Fast Five and this, by far, is the best Fast and Furious movie till date. Beats all the other films by a long shot. The last half an hour would keep you on the edge of the seat and you'll be literally going "Holy sh*t, how did they do that?". Sound and visual effects were fantastic. The camera angles in some shots were brilliantly executed. All the action felt raw, the fist fights, especially.

Fast cars, Cheesy humour, sweet ass chicks, action, emotion, you'll get it all in this movie. Definitely a good summer action flick. :)

Word of advice: Stay back for a few minutes post the credits and you're in for a real surprise. ;)

will have to book the tickets for this weekend...hope it still remains in the theater..

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Identity last 15 mins :-

Took 20mins to figure out how to post a spoiler!! Guess I have never used it before.

Been years I saw that movie. Quite a complicated stuff. All the characters with common birthdays and with a second name as a state of US are the personalities manifested in that Taklu's mind. Can't recall his name (?Malcolm Rivers). When in his mind, as the story progresses a personality is eliminated, he commits a murder unknowingly in reality. Thats why he was charged for the murders and is about to be hanged. And when the doubt is on the last personality (cant remember which character), he is proved to be insane by the doctor and is not hanged, thanks to the doctor's efforts. When he is being transferred to the mental asylum or whatever, the story continues in Taklu's mind and it turns out that its the outburst and hatred of the kid which is committing those murders in his mind. The kids commits the impossible murders as they are just in his mind. And as the kid commits the last murder in his mind(Amanda Pitt), he ends up killing the doctor in front of him, who had just save his life!

I stand to be corrected. I don't recall the movie fully.

ajayritik

Technomancer
The Exorcism of Emily Rose 7.5/10

Very nice concept for a horror movie, tries to put both logical and supernatural angle in front of the audience. Its upon you, what you choose.

Must watch for sure.
I think 1920 was remake of this movie. The remake was good so most probably the original is also good.

Guys any suggestions on some good animated flicks.
already watched the below:
Toy Story3, UP, How to Train a Dragon, Ice Age series, Kung Fu Panda.

Any other movies apart from the above mentioned worth watching?

Also enjoyed the Ace Ventura series any other movies on the same genre?

Top Bottom