Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

D

Dave83

The Mechanic 7/10
I just love Statham ;)

Faster 6/10
Nice to watch, but the story's rather poor.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Infestation (2009) - IMDb,

If you visit the IMDB page of this movie, u'll see this movie falls under the genre of "Action","Comedy","Horror" and "Sci-fi".

They tried to put everything in there but forgot "Drama" :D

R2K

In the Zone
^^
wow ... !!!! 9/10 !!
you seem to be the only one that liked the movie...:D
That movie made even RGV's Phoonk look better:D:D:D:D:D

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Sniper Reloaded. Just finished watching, and it was great. It's a short, brief one, and a great one. I'd highly recommend it.

Sniper: Reloaded (2011) - IMDb

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^^
how is the movie then:D

I've not seen that movie :D

THOR 6.4/10

I was waiting for this movie for a long time. Had very vague idea about THOR, only read in mythology about him and then knew that there is comic strip about him. So, I was very much excited and eager for this movie.

3D: It was in 3D and that sucks. Most of the close-ups have not 3D effect. I know because I watched half of the movie without the 3D specs! It might be my cinema hall or the movie, but at the same theater I had watched "Megamind" which had some average 3D. Thor is bad 3D. Watch it in 2D medium only. Would cost you less and would not have to keep the heavy glass on your nose for 2 hours.

Story: I had a faint idea about story. Its the beginning of Thor,so more explanation and less action. I did not come across one movie which handled a superhero beginning movie with balanced story and action; SpiderMan1 and Batman begins are such perfect movies to name. IN short Thor is long, and story is hurried.

Direction and acting: Well he had nothing to do exceptional. Not much emotional scene. Only one scene of conflict with Loki and Odin, where Odin said nothing and Tom Hiddleston as Loki did good. Natalie Portman...obviously she signed this movie before "Black Swan" else she would have never accepted it. Has a hairline role, half of the time she is shouting to SHIELD personnel or her colleagues. Rest of the crew was average, nothing much to do apart from gasping...something landed(thor)!!!...something landed again(hammer)!!!somethings(Thor's friends) landed again....something(that robot) landed again... see lotsa moments for gasping!!! That too I've not mentioned about when they launch to sky...

Action: I'm disappointed here. A superhero movie to me is full of action and demise of villain. Isn't that the only reason we have superheroes?!!! Am I asking too much? To beat some police personnel we have Statham here who always becomes a baddy and beats the sh1t out of police guys in all his movies. If u bring a hero, give him a worthy opponent, else his greatness is shadowed...

Editing: The length is too much and actions are far between. Should have been short. How long? Well, its 114 min and has less action than "Iron Man 2"

Dialog: Few witty and funny lines and most of corny and clichéd lines.

Summary: Watch it in 2D and have patience.

R2K

In the Zone
No Strings Attached (2011) - IMDb
Movie was just OK. Although i don't believe characters and situations like in this movie exist in real world. So the story felt kinda unreal

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Rite 7/10

After a long time a good horror movie. Well, the horror here is more like it was in "Rosemary's Baby" very subtle but does its job.

Starts very slow, takes time to build its characters and environment but that is not a complaint. First time I'm agreeing that a horror movie being slow actually worked on its favor.

Then there is Anthony Hopkins!!! If not anything, watch it only for him.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Vanishing point

I did not liked the movie a little bit.yeah shout at me or say anything but choices are each to his own.
yeah the film is technically and cinematographically good.But thats it i dint liked its story and mostly the pacing of the story and the end.
The film is damn too slow for a car chasing movie.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Vanishing point

I did not liked the movie a little bit.yeah shout at me or say anything but choices are each to his own.
yeah the film is technically and cinematographically good.But thats it i dint liked its story and mostly the pacing of the story and the end.
The film is damn too slow for a car chasing movie.
Now watch this;
[youtube]vVXIK1xCRpY[/youtube]

Top Bottom