Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

R2K

In the Zone
Watched Four Lions which was being recommended by lots of guys here
The beginning was funny but by end things get real serious...
It sure is one of the strangest comedy movie i have ever seen..

Last edited:

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
A Beautiful Mind - 9/10

This is one great movie for all those who have stuffed their mind with studies. Won't go into much detail otherwise I could give away the plot. Great performance by Russel Crowe.
Must for lovers of Mathematics.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Aashayein - What a beautiful little gem. When will we learn to appreciate such movies? It's sad to see movies such as these get completely ignored, when movies like Dabang take sway all the credits. Another beauty from Nagesh Kukunoor.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Taxi Driver - Really liked this movie.

What do I think about it ?
I can definitely relate to the protagonist. In life, we always want to be appreciated by that one person whom we consider as the most important. It's the innate feeling of helping that person which drives the life of that person, gives a reason. Any kind of appreciation in any magnitude by any other person means nothing, absolutely nothing. And the protagonist has a distinct taste and thinking than the rest of the herd. His ways of enjoyment are quire different. Not many will like that. He is like an oddball in this world. In the end, Iris gave him a new life. The longing for the acknowledgement and appreciation ended.

Btw, I watched this movie without any sound. Read subtitles only.

OMG and Iris is Jodie Foster :D

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^
whats it abt

Dont want to ruin the fun. Its a love story in the background of hospice. Also nice and different soundtrack.

Interesting to note John Abraham is part of quite a few offbeat movies like Aashayein, No smoking, Jhoota hi sahi, Little Zozou, New York, Kabul Express, Shikhar, Water, Virrudh, apart from the mainstream movies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^New York...lol no.

^^ Without Sound ...?????:confused: :confused: :confused: what r u talking, you witnessed the amazing shootout, the crux of the movie at the end, WITHOUT the audio ..... ?????
Yeah, you read it right. Btw Death Sentence have similar climax. Another good movie about a family and revenge.

eeep plz somebody explain, how can one watch a movie (that to a classic like Taxi Driver) without the audio, still :confused: ... I am sure you mean something else here ....
I don't fit in a general bracket. Guess...a bit weird sometime.

And you couldn't recognize Josi foster .... again still :confused: :D
She is so young and I haven't seen a number of her movies. I recall The Silence of The Lamb and another one where she played the role of a rape victim.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
She is so young and I haven't seen a number of her movies. I recall The Silence of The Lamb and another one where she played the role of a rape victim.

Then try this movie

The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane (1976) - IMDb

Jodie Foster was thirteen at the time of filming and refused to appear nude. Thus, her older sister, Connie Foster, was used as her double in the film's brief nude sequence.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Never let me go - A touching hypothetical British movie. Brilliant story telling without a single CGI. Hollywood would have royally screwed this one with CGIs. The movie is very slow and will appeal to only selected few of you and not all :)

This one and Aashayein goes to my top movies of 2010 list.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Yamla Pagla Deewana 5.5/10

I don't know why I went to see this movie...may be it was a month I've seen a movie in theater which made me desperate.

First half was boring, dumb and nonsense. But, if u dare to re-enter the theater for the second half, u r sure to have some laugh. The whole rating is totally on second half.

Bobby Deol still can't act, Dharmendra IS NOT Amitabh and looks tired and fragile. Everytime he came onscreen I was asking myself "Why"? Sunny was balanced or I should say only person who acted good in the movie.

A DVD watch movie. Not for big screen.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
mmmm that might explain ...... Try ACCUSED one of the top performances of Jodie. She is a rape victim here, and the entire episode is so shockingly filmed that it leaves you gasping, with Braid Fidel doing the background score, the movie is a real GEM.

Faun has mentioned this in the statement "another one where she played the role of a rape victim."...& again u r saying the same.....

Martyrs (6/10) - A unique plot....somewhere leaves u questioned...why???....

Currently watching "Descent" this movie will give u shock treat....only 32mins r remaining to see...

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys Golden Globe results are out and "The Social Network" won most of the major nominations :-D

Golden Globes, USA: 2011
Best Motion Picture - Drama
Winner: The Social Network (2010)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama
Winner: Colin Firth for The King's Speech (2010)

Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Winner: The Kids Are All Right (2010)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama
Winner: Natalie Portman for Black Swan (2010)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Winner: Paul Giamatti for Barney's Version (2010)

Best Television Series - Musical or Comedy
Winner: "Glee" (2009)

Best Director - Motion Picture
Winner: David Fincher for The Social Network (2010)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Winner: Melissa Leo for The Fighter (2010)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy
Winner: Jim Parsons for "The Big Bang Theory" (2007)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy
Winner: Laura Linney for "The Big C" (2010)

Best Foreign Language Film
Winner: Hævnen (2010)(Denmark)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: Jane Lynch for "Glee" (2009)

Best Screenplay - Motion Picture
Winner: The Social Network (2010) - Aaron Sorkin

Best Performance by an Actress in a Mini-Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: Claire Danes for Temple Grandin (2010) (TV)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Mini-Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: Al Pacino for You Don't Know Jack (2010) (TV)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Winner: Annette Bening for The Kids Are All Right (2010)

Best Animated Film
Winner: Toy Story 3 (2010)

Best Original Score - Motion Picture
Winner: The Social Network (2010) - Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross

Best Original Song - Motion Picture
Winner: Burlesque (2010/I) - Diane Warren("You Haven't Seen The Last of Me")

Best Television Series - Drama
Winner: "Boardwalk Empire" (2009)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama
Winner: Steve Buscemi for "Boardwalk Empire" (2009)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: Chris Colfer for "Glee" (2009)

Best Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: "Carlos" (2010)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama
Winner: Katey Sagal for "Sons of Anarchy" (2008)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Winner: Christian Bale for The Fighter (2010)

ajayritik

Technomancer
Aashayein - What a beautiful little gem. When will we learn to appreciate such movies? It's sad to see movies such as these get completely ignored, when movies like Dabang take sway all the credits. Another beauty from Nagesh Kukunoor.

Happened to watch this couple of weeks back. Though movie was decent I didn't find it to be exceptional. Also most of the hindi movie goers expect heroes etc to be larger than life characters.

ajayritik

Technomancer
guys since everybody is talking about Social Network
Can someone let me know if this movie is worth a watch?
I think DVD has already released if I'm not mistaken.

Top Bottom