Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I guess people with relatively smaller screen sizes prefer watching screeners and R5 out of sheer desperation. For people who prefer watching their movies on 40 inch and above, nothing less than a 720p source would cut it.

I have an old Pen 4 setup, with 17" CRT. And I cant even express the amount of desperation which I have to watch those 720p movies which I have downloaded, from many months now, in a hope that someday I would have the configuration, which would be able to play them.
Meanwhile my friends help me in one of those movie evenings, with whom my collection remains in much demand :)

I watch movies for my own satisfaction and hobby, not to win the "who watched it first" race or increase my "seen" movie number ....... and for that reason I always prefer top quality prints, and with my current set up top qulity 5.1 audio as well, no issue I watch it a couple of months later, but I should enjoy every bit of movie watching. :)

A hundred percent agreement on above quote from SAM9S.

I would just like to conclude that a person who truly appreciates movies would never compromise for quality.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole (2010) - IMDb 6/10

Good animation but lacks a gripping story. A hero centric movie without heroism.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
till when are we going to keep on stretching this topic of who's the biggest movie fan of all.I think people should stop boasting about how fancy movie theater or system they have got. I do not have that except my personal computer's 15" monitor, if that makes me an inferior being so be it! But that does not make me stop enjoying movies and get than into your mind.

Ahh guys, grow up and stop showing-off. Please discuss only about movies/stories/direction etc. and not their quality!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
till when are we going to keep on stretching this topic of who's the biggest movie fan of all.I think people should stop boasting about how fancy movie theater or system they have got. I do not have that except my personal computer's 15" monitor, if that makes me an inferior being so be it! But that does not make me stop enjoying movies and get than into your mind.

Ahh guys, grow up and stop showing-off. Please discuss only about movies/stories/direction etc. and not their quality!

No body said anything about the ones with low display monitor being an inferior being! If you feel this way, then maybe its your own guilty conscience. I myself have admitted that I dont even have a setup, with the ability to play 720p vids smoothly.
The point we are trying to make is that, irrespective of the kind of setup we own, one couldn't do justice by watching a film in the lowest quality possible. One can't discuss about the movies/stories/direction if he hasn't experienced those in atleast an acceptable quality.

Seriously, how can one make a comment on the direction, where the frames keeps tilting in random directions (aka CamRips), and how can you judge a soundtrack, if you can only listen it amidst the cinema chores and mobile ring tones. Lastly how can someone appreciate the CGI's effects (or awesome landscapes) in such prints? :blink:

Movies on which thousands of man hour are being spend, along with countless hours of directors imaginations and producers sleepless nights, I feel they do deserve an hour or two of complete attention by the viewers in whatever way possible.

Last edited:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Scott Piligrim Vs The World - Teen comedy, weirdly funny. Different direction. Ramona was hot! Hope to see her more in future.

azzu

AJJU

+1 for u

@SAm , I see very less people commenting here after watching the CAm & screener's.
and also
Watching a screener , just out of curiosity doesnt make one inferior for commenting on that movie ,
Surely when the High quality print gets out he'll surely be watching it..

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Please discuss only about movies/stories/direction etc. and not their quality!

True. I streaked through my movies collection and found Inside to be quite disturbing and unsettling compared to Martyrs and Haute Tension.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Princess Mononoke (1997) - IMDb 8.5/10

Miyazaki never fails to amuze you!!!

A great story accompanied by good animation, and last but not the least background score....GREAT!!!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
.. watching a cam print or a screener does not make anyone inferior but definitely effects the judgment towards the movie ...

Plus its the shear respect towards our passion for movies and the movie makes as well that we atleast watch quality prints (if not cinema), so that we can truly appreciate them....and rate them accordingly .....

Reading those lines brought tears in my eyes! I felt the same, but could never have expressed it so well, like you did there. :clap2:
There is no other way it could be explained now! Kudos to your efforts. :goodjob:

azzu

AJJU
You obviously have no idea what you are saying, watching a cam print or a screener does not make anyone inferior but definitely effects the judgment towards the movie pertaining to the parameters we usually discuses here, specially the CGI and GFX. There are loads of examples when ones watches a movie on a camm or a screener print and then dislikes the movie for xyz reason and later when the same movie is seen with a better print ( and also a better set up to an extent) they start to appreciate. Heck even the environment, ambiance matters. You watch paranormal activity sitting in the living room with people roaming around, you obviously gonna say, I didnt find the movie scary at all. You watch Transformers on a camm/screener print, again its very much possible you gonna say I didnt find the effects THAT awsome to be raved like people are raving. You see a movie like social network again on a lower quality print where dialogues are not clear and then complain I didnt like the movie much, .......whos the one to blame ...........(ofcourse liking, genre matters but...... you get the drift) never said these people or their choice become inferior. obviously not....lol ......., but I think you cant argue with the fact that the judgement for the same movie definitely differs if seen with top quality print as against to a camm and ofcourse better setup as well.

Plus its the shear respect towards our passion for movies and the movie makes as well that we atleast watch quality prints (if not cinema), so that we can truly appreciate them....and rate them accordingly .....

Hope this time I have made myself more clear .... :)

you made yourself damn clear my friend...
and i agree with you on this point and i spend endless time telling to my frnds why i wait for b-rips (or dvd-rips) rather than downloading the "maiden" stuff...

What iam trying to explain is Watching a screener once for the sake of over curiosity Shudnt affect his passion towards watching movies(though on personal basis).
And he is definetly going watch the good quality stuff of the movie soon (as he has been waiting for the movie , how bad it is it wont affect (again personal opinion) ).

still i admire ur passion towards the movie's and i know the hardwork u have done to build your setup and all...
cheerzz

Top Bottom