Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ajayritik

Technomancer
Get a 2.5GB rip with at least 1mbps bit-rate and see the difference.

Sam I think my DVD player doesn't play any movies with size more than 2 GB. I tried getting some movies over 2 GB I think they are mostly BR Rips. However my DVD player refuses to play these. I'm referring to rips and not the regular DVD's which are 4.3 GB.

I had to end up converting this 2.5 GB rips using a software to DVD and play it.
Do you have any suggestions?

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I was tempted to watch 127 hours and Black Swan screener but somehow resisted myself. Will wait for proper stuff ;)

HD media player is the best option as suggested by Sam.

By the way, do the latest HD media players play mkv files?

abhidev

Human Spambot
Sam I think my DVD player doesn't play any movies with size more than 2 GB. I tried getting some movies over 2 GB I think they are mostly BR Rips. However my DVD player refuses to play these. I'm referring to rips and not the regular DVD's which are 4.3 GB.

I had to end up converting this 2.5 GB rips using a software to DVD and play it.
Do you have any suggestions?

BRRips are mostly in mkv format...if they are mkv files then convert them and play

Another screener watcher ..... :D (not to be taken as derogatory)

I prefer BRRips for those movies which have some gr8 sfx and for animation movies...movies like 127hours don't require a BRRip IMO.

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
Picnic At Hanging Rock

nice movie but has many funnily boring scenes.nevertheless the surprising elements are quite good.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Tropic Thunder 6.5/10

Good movie. It should be counted in action genre rather comedy. Though it contains slapstick comedy but has considerable amount of action too. Really surprised by the action part. Had no expectation.

R2K

In the Zone
Funny Games(2007):
one of the most disturbing movies i have seen... where the villains win at the end....

ajayritik

Technomancer
@ajayritik: do u have DivX Player???
Yes Karan mine is a DivX Player

You DVD must be a divx player, that can only play AVI container ....... Hope you are not trying to play an MKV file ...????

Try playing a file (2GB+) which is encoded with divx and has AVI container ......

But I personally suggest if you are a movie lover (which seems you are) dump a DVD player and get a decent media player, these days the prices also have come down, you should get media player for 4,5K. Infact Asus OPlay have launched a player just for 3500, that plays all HD content, check out the review here ...

Asus O Play Mini > HD Media Player > Techtree.com
As far as I can recollect its not mkv file and its avi container.

Would I be able to still use my 5.1 Speaker system of Home theater with this Media Players. I mean I don't want the Home Theater system to lie there without using them.

BRRips are mostly in mkv format...if they are mkv files then convert them and play

The one I tried to play were not mkv format.

R2K

In the Zone
Grandma's Boy
i liked the movie but i think they tried to portray geeks like retards...

Would I be able to still use my 5.1 Speaker system of Home theater with this Media Players. I mean I don't want the Home Theater system to lie there without using them.

i think your 5.1 speaker system will work fine with this . If not whats the point in calling it as HD media players

Last edited:

abhidev

Human Spambot
^^ It atlest deserves a DVD rip :D ..... anyway no movie IMHO deserves a screeners, R5ss, TeleSyncss, etc etc ....... 800mb DVD rip should be the bare minimum one should watch.....just out of shear respect, if however at all one calls himself a decent movie viewer

and BRrips are not for gfx and animations ....lol, its the quality of the originality that one longs while watching any movie, which BTW can anyhow still be achieved through a decent DVD Rip ... :)

True...its the quality that makes the difference...but BRRIps are much better...and so movies like Avatar and animation movies with good sfx are well viewed on BRRips:p.

ajayritik

Technomancer
i think your 5.1 speaker system will work fine with this . If not whats the point in calling it as HD media players

Ofcourse you would be able to play and use your HT with the media player. Infact you would be able to use your HT to its full potential with a media player.

I'm little noob when it comes to the speaker connections etc with 5.1. One of my friends was saying with my home theater the amplifier will be in the DVD Player itself so if I play the movies with the Media player then I will not be able to get the desired result since will not be using the DVD player to play the movies.

Sorry folks for asking this info on this thread.

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
Flightplan - 6/10
A good thriller but the ending and overall impact was not great.

I do want to watch BR Rips but due to slow internet speed and vast difference in size, I end up compiling DVD Rips. :D

Top Bottom