Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

abhidev

Human Spambot
Thats true, but he gave up his hopes of life on the very first day. And even before he cut his hand off, he still tries to tell few words to his mother. Which says that he didn't had any hopes of getting out of there. But yea, there is bit of both the messages.

He realizes that when he thinks of all the possibilities which will keep him alive...anyways the movie was good:-D

Megamind is a good movie...nice animation.Worth a watch

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
megamind...?? I dont know how you all get satisfaction by watching all non dvd/BR rips .......
I guess people with relatively smaller screen sizes prefer watching screeners and R5 out of sheer desperation. For people who prefer watching their movies on 40 inch and above, nothing less than a 720p source would cut it.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Watched Shawshank Redemption 9/10 very very good movie......Morgan FreeMan has very well narrated the movie......

Bucket List: 6.5/10.....again points goes to Morgan

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
better late than never KaranTh85...Shawshank Redemption is one of the greatest movies of all times*...the direction, the acting, the plot, the emotions that this movie generate is beyond comparision :)

*according to me

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Yea what logic ..:), then lets start watching with CAMS print, and all the garbage that sells on road side, to increase the level of enthusiasm ...:D

You go the whole point wrong mate. Only very few.. I mean, very very few movies comes under Screener category watch list. Those movies for which I've been eagerly waiting for from months and without a theatrical release. Rest of all, No way I'm going to watch worthless movies in worthless format. Even those screener movies I have watched will get a 720P shot after their bluray release. In other words, screener is just fuel to keep us going until the Theatrical or Bluray release.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
then lets start watching with CAMS print, and all the garbage that sells on road side, to increase the level of enthusiasm ...:D

I agree to the sarcasm...but just think about it...when all your friends have already watched a movie, and all the boards have done talking about it...then you make an entry and brag, yes I have today watched XYZ on blu-ray!

I am sorry but I do not want to become that laughing stock...or be marked as late entrant...

So what vamsi said was a very balanced statement.

ajayritik

Technomancer
....... and for that reason I always prefer top quality prints, and with my current set up top qulity 5.1 audio as well, no issue I watch it a couple of months later, but I should enjoy every bit of movie watching. :)

Sam. I have a Sony home theater and most of the times watch the 700 MB Rips. Do you think the higher size really matter when we are watching on the home theater? The other day I was watching a 700 MB rip and found it to be ok. It's a different thing that I didn't compare it with a better quality.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Sam. I have a Sony home theater and most of the times watch the 700 MB Rips. Do you think the higher size really matter when we are watching on the home theater? The other day I was watching a 700 MB rip and found it to be ok. It's a different thing that I didn't compare it with a better quality.

My two cents. Most 700MB rips have 2 channel sound where BRips or 720P rips has 5.1 channel sound (even 1.5 GB DVD rips have 5.1 sound) so... playing a 700MB file in 5.1 setup is sure different from playing a 5.1 codec enabled file in 5.1 set up.

And, abut the ongoing topic, I would prefer to wait 5-6 months for a retail DVD RIP/BRip rather watching a Screener/Camrip ... to few of us, watching movies are more than it is to a normal audience...its a ritual (ref. Dexter :D )

Movies I recently watched:-

Gulal 8/10

Its Anurag Kashyap and its his trademark movie.

Strong characters, in your face dialogs and a believable cinematography.
KK Menon and Abhimanyu really blasted the screen whenever they appeared.

RakhtCharitra pt 1 6/10

Only violence and not much substance. Incoherent storyline and loopholes. Not impressed either by story or violence. BUT Abhimanyu Singh is a real find here. His character is more strong and in focus here than Gulal.

Four Lions 8.5/10

Satire at its best!

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^^ Depends how you take it, I watch movies for my own satisfaction and hobby, not to win the "who watched it first" race or increase my "seen" movie number ....... and for that reason I always prefer top quality prints, and with my current set up top qulity 5.1 audio as well, no issue I watch it a couple of months later, but I should enjoy every bit of movie watching. :)

Well, depends on how you take it. You,Me and most of the folks endup watching the BRrips when they are out. Only difference is, I watched it once previously.

An Education - 7.5/10

Yet another movie fallen victim to the phase for the sake of character development.But, that's not a big issue...the only eye sour was, Carey Mulligan.. who played role of a 16year old girl.. but looks nothing like it. She looks 25+ . The movie was good over all. Worth watching once.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hmm that Negroponte guy (wired ed) pointed out something liek the quality of the movie should outweigh the quality of the format. I sympathize vaguely with anyone desperate enough to watch Cam rips though.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^^ Depends how you take it, I watch movies for my own satisfaction and hobby, not to win the "who watched it first" race or increase my "seen" movie number ....... and for that reason I always prefer top quality prints, and with my current set up top qulity 5.1 audio as well, no issue I watch it a couple of months later, but I should enjoy every bit of movie watching. :)
Nail'd IT! I go by the same mantra, so to speak. Although, I make exceptions for some R5's which have screener audio fused. This would be equivalent of a proper DVD quality. Although, my best hope is to wait for the movies to hit the cinema, so I can get the best experience. This is where I loathe our censor board and hence we never get to see movies like SAW and it's likes released in our theatres. :sad:

R2K

In the Zone
Sometimes i find BRRips on sites like rapidshare that have size as low as 500MB but still way better than 700-800 MB dvd rips

Top Bottom