Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^^ You watched it now !! Damm....... IP Man is my one of THE best martial arts movies I have seen ...... IP Man 2 not falling far behind .... although the finalay of the first one was more satisfying that the second one . but still fights in the second one are classic as well.... go for IP Man 2 ASAP .... :)
I had it lying around for almost a year now and thought of watching it yesterday. I'll be watching sequel today or tomorrow. My addiction to TV series has sidelined movies for quite a long time now. My frequency of watching movies has gone down drastically. :-(

Rahim

Married!
Ek Ruka Hua Faisla directed by Basu Chatterjee.

Its a hindi version of another good movie 12 Angry Men.
I had no expectation from this hindi remake because most often hindi adaptations are pathetic. But this movie is so good and all the actors are convincing and not a single one was a passenger or filling up the numbers.
Both movies are equally good.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Last week I watched Memento...it was in my pending list bcuz I knew it was the inspiration behind Ghajini. What can I say...though the concept was same but the story is way different, plus you know Aamir Khan...he can never do injustice to any role. :)

Yesterday I watched "City of Gold", based on Mumbai life style..actually it portrayed life of cotton mill workers in Mumbai during 1970-1980s. During some scenes you will say that they were copied from Vaastav (which was yet another incredible movie). All in all very sad movie...but worth watching... :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Ek Ruka Hua Faisla directed by Basu Chatterjee.

Its a hindi version of another good movie 12 Angry Men.
I had no expectation from this hindi remake because most often hindi adaptations are pathetic. But this movie is so good and all the actors are convincing and not a single one was a passenger or filling up the numbers.
Both movies are equally good.

I really liked acting of Annu Kapur. At that time he was might be the youngest actor among them but the way he portrayed the character of the old man was awesome!!!

Really good remake as the director and scriptwriter stayed close to the original subject...

b/w did u know there was remake of 12 angry Men in english last year or the previous year.
12 (2007/I)

I did not watch it but from the promo it seemed they had added a lot of back story to the boy's character.
(IMDB says its loosely based on the previous movie but the promo clearly mentioned 12 angry men)

Xmen360

Broken In
Guys please suggest some feel good movies which are on the lines of "Evolution", "GalaxyQuest" and such which has the comedy thing as well as a bit of world ending/apocalyse, nice likeable characters, scifi+comedy+mystery .... I mean come on guys you get it what I am trying to say here :-D So please suggest some ... Thanks a lot..

Rahim

Married!
I really liked acting of Annu Kapur. At that time he was might be the youngest actor among them but the way he portrayed the character of the old man was awesome!!!

Really good remake as the director and scriptwriter stayed close to the original subject..
and what about that lip licking Pankaj Kapoor? :D

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
@xmen ..watch Pitch Black and after that..The Chronicles of Riddick !

Movies I saw this weekend

Kick Ass (9/10)
Totally jhakass movie

Tere Bin Laden - (7/10)
Some scenes are funny but movie is very short

Once upon a time - (8/10)
Good acting by Ajay Devgn

When in Rome (7.5/10)
Nice romantic time pass

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Last week I watched Memento...it was in my pending list bcuz I knew it was the inspiration behind Ghajini. What can I say...though the concept was same but the story is way different, plus you know Aamir Khan...he can never do injustice to any role. :)

ghajini is nowhere near memento , *no offence* but the reverse chronological order of the movie makes us feel as the protagonist of the movie.

yesterday i watched aisha :p i was thinking its another stupid movie but it turned out to be better than what i thought .. based on book "Emma" its really well adaptation for indian screens. :grin:

Xmen360

Broken In
@esumitkumar ..have seen them both.I am looking for movies which have a comedy factor in it with an end of the world or apocalyptic twist to it.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
ghajini is nowhere near memento , *no offence* but the reverse chronological order of the movie makes us feel as the protagonist of the movie.

yesterday i watched aisha :p i was thinking its another stupid movie but it turned out to be better than what i thought .. based on book "Emma" its really well adaptation for indian screens. :grin:

I'd watch it for Abhay's acting :p

red dragon

Master troll
@ichi, u r always with such WTF movies........

I just read the wiki details (and storyline) of the movie and I was like WTF and WTH!!!!

Its sure weirdest movie (not over Human Centipede though :-D )
Human Centipede is downright disgusting,though I have seen worse;-)

Xmen360

Broken In
esumitkumar ... I have seen 2001 space .. but I dont know its sequel.

check out these movies ..The 10 Greatest Science Fiction Comedies

I am looking for such movies.Too bad most of the movies on that list I have already seen. Are there more please do tell ...

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I'd watch it for Abhay's acting :p
So will I...never missed any of his movies since "Socha Na Tha" another fundu movie...

About reverse chronological order movies...they don't suit my taste...I disliked Vantage Point mainly because of that reason...Its like I watched movie to get some relaxation but ended up processing more than normal...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Irreversible (reverse chrono and depressing stuff)

I m all for movies beyond Human Centipede, suggest some.

Neuron

Electronic.
Children of heaven -8/10
An iranian film.It's one of most well directed films i've ever seen.Have a brilliant storyline too.A must watch.

Gonna watch the Enter the Matrix triology today in 720p :D

Don't forget to watch the animatrix series too if you haven't yet.They are as good as the trilogy.

Top Bottom