Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
After seeing comments on " A walk to remember " i wanted to watch it since it has a good healthy rating of 7.1 on IMDB but on rotten tomatoes it only has a rating of 28% , i wonder if its worth the time to watch it with my GF !!

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^If you are not into romance then leave it. I slept halfway through but that is coz of my dumb ignorance of anything remotely related to 'romance'. Others might find the movie good.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Rajneeti - Good movie. Good acting. A bit stretched. Ranbeer's acting was good. Katrina was quite tolerable. I wish Ajay Devghan's role was a bit more powerful. The background piano score throughout the movie sounded similar to some movie. Then after a while, I recalled it was way too similar to the one in Korean movie, Marathon (the one in the rain scene). By the way, Korean movie fans shouldn't(corrected) miss Marathon.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Whats the name of the movie?
Plot: A guy falls in love with a girl whom we later find to be dying due to a desease. My buddy is eating my head for this movie and asked me get it for him. He keeps calling it one of the most romantic flick ever.

^^or a walk to remember.
There r countless movies with same theme. My girl and I.

@all: He told me that the hero was a bully. Maybe it is some other movie.

Now I'm confused, who is dying? Gal or boy?
Gal dying: A walk to remember,
Boy dying: Sweet November

After seeing comments on " A walk to remember " i wanted to watch it since it has a good healthy rating of 7.1 on IMDB but on rotten tomatoes it only has a rating of 28% , i wonder if its worth the time to watch it with my GF !!
Its a really good movie. Very much loved it. Again, "if u r not into love movies" how's that even possible? U love but u don't love love???

By the way, Korean movie fans should miss Marathon.
Should miss or should NOT miss? ;-)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Boy dying: Sweet November
Sweet November has Charlize Theron dying. ;-)

Canydman - Saw it last night and found it to be pretty creepy. The background score added more chills to the environment. The scene towards the end was done brilliantly, especially with the make up job.

Room 6 - Skip it.

I left Hidden (Skjult) halfway through as it was getting extremely boring. I think I'll resume it later on and complete it.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
marathon is a pretty inspirational movie. Acting by that classic guy was epic. What were the words for rain falling slowly....i just loved how he threw away that chocolate in the end.

azzu

AJJU
Collateral
Good movie jamie foxx rocked so did Tom
if it wasnt the poerfull two the movie is pretty avg
My rating 6.5/10

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Okay guys, this is probably the most vague question I am ever going to ask at TDF:

Around 7-8 years ago I watched a movie (like 40-50%) on Star Movies. Problem is, I do not remember the name. Not even a vague idea.

What happens in it..

This guy some how gets trapped in a room. Which is actually connected to many other rooms. So it is like a big cube. You can go from one room to another, but (I think) not at free will, only when some 'ports', (I think small windows connecting one room to another), open and close. Also, when the ports would open, if one does not leave the room, they are killed/die/vanish.

The basic flow of the movie is:
1. Trapped in room with some characters.
2. Lots of talk/discussion, which tells a bit of why they are trapped, and what the room actually are.
3. Suddenly ports open.
4. People scramble to go to next room.
5. If you cannot make it ---> no more.

Is a mature/adult themed film, not childish or fantasy.

Name....????

When this guy enters this maze, he finds a girl there (of course), and some other characters too. This is not a horror movie, its more of surreal science fiction. The whole atmosphere of the movie...bright room, totally white background, reminded me of the scene in Matrix 2 -- when Neo meets the architect of the Matrix, and he tells him of the design of the Matrix and the various version upgrades.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Okay guys, this is probably the most vague question I am ever going to ask at TDF:

Around 7-8 years ago I watched a movie (like 40-50%) on Star Movies. Problem is, I do not remember the name. Not even a vague idea.

What happens in it..

This guy some how gets trapped in a room. Which is actually connected to many other rooms. So it is like a big cube. You can go from one room to another, but (I think) not at free will, only when some 'ports', (I think small windows connecting one room to another), open and close. Also, when the ports would open, if one does not leave the room, they are killed/die/vanish.

Its from the CUBE series . There are 3 parts , first one is cube Second is called hypercube and third one is cubezero . I liked them all .
You must have watched Cube 1 , but from the white background enviorment u mentioned , i think it must be Cube 2 -Hypercube .

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Its a really good movie. Very much loved it. Again, "if u r not into love movies" how's that even possible? U love but u don't love love???

;-)

Yeah i like romantic flics and planning to watch 'A walk 2 remember " this afternoon .
But i dont understand how it has such a margin of difference in rating on IMDB and Rotten tomatoes ? 71% to 28% , i like my bandwidth you know :))

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
OK , watched " A walk to remember " and liked it . Thanks for recommending it . There are may movies based on this theme but this one has its own feel .
Very good romantic tragedy to watch with someone you like especially girls , you all know how girls love to hug anyone when they are sad :grin: .

I like being hugged:)) so can you all please suggest some good movies based on such theme or a sad romantic flic , allready watched the likes of Notebook , My sassy girl n forrest gump .

Also anyone watched " Magnolia " , i have this on my HDD for some time now and its yet to be watched .

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
OK , watched " A walk to remember " and liked it . Thanks for recommending it . There are may movies based on this theme but this one has its own feel .
Very good romantic tragedy to watch with someone you like especially girls , you all know how girls love to hug anyone when they are sad :grin: .

I like being hugged:)) so can you all please suggest some good movies based on such theme or a sad romantic flic , allready watched the likes of Notebook , My sassy girl n forrest gump .

Also anyone watched " Magnolia " , i have this on my HDD for some time now and its yet to be watched .
LOL, man, ask her to hug, I guess she would obviously do it or u want free hugs :-D

Movies:-
Just like heaven
If only
Away from her
Sad Movie
City of Angels
500 Days of Summer (but I think u should skip it. Its one sided, focused on boy only)
Il Mare
Christmas in August
A moment to remember
Windstruck (good but not great)
50 First Dates (Cute movie)
3 Iron (My favourite, tops my list)
Autumn in new york (don't go for IMDB)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Class - TP 80's flick. Definitely gave a good start, but could have had a better ending. Doesn't match up to some older gems, still worth a watch if you're an 80's comedy fan.

Fight Club
- OMG! I'm out of words. I have to make a usual trip to IMDB and then may comment more about it. A movie which started out so confusingly and wrapped up in such a complex manner in the last half an hour, definitely deserves an applaud. Edward Norton shines yet again and he just proves why he is so god dam good at what he does. Awesome movie.

D

Deleted member 26636

@rhitwick: i watched SE7EN..this movie was really good...the climax was totally out of the blue..i'll check the other recommendations now..

Top Bottom