Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
U liked Hellboy pt 2?
I found part one better than pt 2. Part two villains or bosses are n00b, or should I say comical.
The fights did not quench my thirst. Again, the time it released, all superhero movies had same theme; family issues, wanting kids etc. which just disgusted me.
I enjoyed the second movie. Yes, the cheesy part was present, but the action and visual effects were better in this movie. The first one had Rasputin as the core nemesis and he didn't really match up to Hellboy in anyway. The ending of the first movie would give you a better idea. The second movie had Prince Nuada who was extremely good with his martial arts skills and spear attacks. This made the ending of the movie worth watching. The first movie had Hellboy beating the hell out of Sammael and more of it's kind. Here we had multiple enemies like those Tooth Fairies, Wink and the Forest God. They are supposed to be comical, because the movie is adopted from a comic book. If you mean comical, as in a funny sense, then that is how they were supposed to be. The only parts I really hated was the idiotic arguments between Hellboy and Liz.

Resuming the movie session:

She's Out of My League
- Enjoyed the hell out of this movie. Thankfully, this was the only movie which turned out to be better than it's trailer. Totally clichéd droky boy gets smokin' hot girl comedy, but well executed & excellent supporting cast. A must watch for sure.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Check out "Hansel and Gretel" my fav horror in korean. Then comes "4bia" part one and two, Muoi etc.

Also u can try this.

U liked Hellboy pt 2?
I found part one better than pt 2. Part two villains or bosses are n00b, or should I say comical.
The fights did not quench my thirst. Again, the time it released, all superhero movies had same theme; family issues, wanting kids etc. which just disgusted me.

Aprreciated man! Thanks a lot! Will get them right away! Especially the five scariest ones!

:).

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Try 4bia first. It's an excellent Thai horror flick. It's an anthology of horror scenes. The last part in that movie literally gave me goosebumps.

Also try Shutter, another excellent Thai horror movie.

D

Deleted member 26636

guys please suggest me some good thriller/suspense movies(not horror)..points to remember-
1.the plot should be intriguing & somewhat mysterious
2.there should be suspense throughout the movie..it should not be predictable
3.the main villain or motive or whatever should only be revealed at the end.
4.if the climax makes me go WTF, then thats a bonus
so basically i am asking for whodunit type of movies.also please suggest movies from the 90's till date. i am really not interested in watching movies prior to this date.(esp. the B&W ones)

Krow

Crowman
Hey himadri_sm thanks for recommending all those Miyazaki movies long long ago. I had them with me, just saw them recently. Loved them all. Will read the blog entries you posted later. :)

Going to see Oldboy soon.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
guys please suggest me some good thriller/suspense movies(not horror)..points to remember-
1.the plot should be intriguing & somewhat mysterious
2.there should be suspense throughout the movie..it should not be predictable
3.the main villain or motive or whatever should only be revealed at the end.
4.if the climax makes me go WTF, then thats a bonus
so basically i am asking for whodunit type of movies.also please suggest movies from the 90's till date. i am really not interested in watching movies prior to this date.(esp. the B&W ones)

I don't know what with u guys here, u guys always prefer color movies. What do u see a movie for a good script or original color of blood, car, house, shirt etc.

A good movie is always a good movie irrespective of how it was filmed.

On topic these would be my recommendations:-

1> Les Diaboliques (1955) could not help but recommend it
2> The Usual Suspects
3> Rear Window
4> The Game
5> Fracture
6> The Others
7> Murder on Orient Express
8> Death on the Nile
9> And Then There Were None

I could only recollect these now.

azzu

AJJU
my cousin vinny
Awesome movie .. Must must watch..
My rating 9/10
the dialogue's , marisa tomie , etc.. Awesome..
what pants u wud be wearing while deer hunting dialogue is Epic awesome

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Discovered that Oldboy is part 2 of a trilogy. Obtaining the first movie before watching it.

Oh man, u r going to watch a few very twisted movies.
As told, please keep ur mind open and be acceptive.

And no way the trilogy is interconnected, its just the theme.

It shakes the very root of having a protagonist and antagonist in vengeance movies.

First: Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (Can compete Oldboy)
Second: Sympathy for Lady Vengeance (easy but brutal)
Third: Oldboy (Much tough in concept)

Rahim

Married!
^At least movies coming from those stable keeps your brain ticking lon after the credits have rolled out.

I did watch Marebito last afternoon and it was again quite philosophical warp behind it.

Currently had watched just an hour of Twelve Monkeys lasy night but due to headache, i would finish it tonight.

Krow

Crowman
^^^ You need to keep your mind open to handle Oldboy. It was a bit too much for me to handle.
I'll keep that in mind. :)

Oh man, u r going to watch a few very twisted movies.
As told, please keep ur mind open and be acceptive.

And no way the trilogy is interconnected, its just the theme.

It shakes the very root of having a protagonist and antagonist in vengeance movies.

First: Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (Can compete Oldboy)
Second: Sympathy for Lady Vengeance (easy but brutal)
Third: Oldboy (Much tough in concept)
Hope I enjoy them. I have all three now. Will need to find some time for watching now. :)

qwe1

Straight-edged
why dont kids here accept some form of self censoring by avoiding films with strong themes.respecting the law is the least that is expected from you.

what about this mods? recommendations filled with sexual themes go unnoticed! revise the forum rules i say!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
why dont kids here accept some form of self censoring by avoiding films with strong themes.respecting the law is the least that is expected from you.

what about this mods? recommendations filled with sexual themes go unnoticed! revise the forum rules i say!

Why don't u apply that to u and stay away from this thread.
Apart from anything, moral policing is not encouraged here :-x

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Holy crap! For all your Mortal Kombat fans, check out this 7 minute footage: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_MqZn7E-mk&feature=player_embedded

If this "film" materialises, then we can look forward to one hell of a Mortal Kombat movie.

qwe1

Straight-edged
moral policing is not encouraged here

i thought i read that i the forum rules.the rampant glorifying of watching pirated movies is one thing but to spoil innocent minds is the concern of every responsible citizen

Top Bottom