Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Dark City 9/10

People say Matrix was inspired by this movie. What if I dare to say Matrix copied this movie!

This movie is awesome!!!
Just don't want to drag Matrix here, because that was one movie which opened my eyes. I can't betray my till date true love. But then what do I say about it. Dark City is more complete than Matrix. More real but at a few spaces lacks clarification.

This straight goes into my all time favourite list.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Braindead WTF/10

Well it was only 30mins into the movie and I somehow controlled puking. And then I stopped watching it fearing I may not be able to control rest 70 minutes.

Yes, I couldn't finish this movie!!! Its a dirty, nasty, gandha, bakwas film.

Someone here recommended it...dude I've to be utter careful next time following ur recommendations....:cool:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Coming Soon 7.5/10

Thai remake of "Ring" but provides good scare. A few chilling moments but slight dragging at the end.

Check out, u may like it.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Braindead WTF/10

Well it was only 30mins into the movie and I somehow controlled puking. And then I stopped watching it fearing I may not be able to control rest 70 minutes.

Yes, I couldn't finish this movie!!! Its a dirty, nasty, gandha, bakwas film.

Someone here recommended it...dude I've to be utter careful next time following ur recommendations....:cool:
That would be my recommendation to Psychosocial's gory movie list. If you can't handle it, then I'm afraid I can't help it. :neutral:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
That would be my recommendation to Psychosocial's gory movie list. If you can't handle it, then I'm afraid I can't help it. :neutral:
Hey u even mentioned it hilarious. Well I agree but the scenes where I'm supposed to laugh I felt like eeeeeeeekkkksssssss....

Its not gore only, I've survived, Hostel, Hills have eyes and a few others but none of them showed gore like this....

First scene: Hero's mom pinches on her hand and the puss drops in the man's pudding, and he eats it...

Next scene where I stopped is: He throws the dagger to the nurse, her head broke and started dangling back. On a push it again got back in position and on 2nd push it again previous position........I then couldn't tolerate any more.

U generally recommend good movies, but yeh thoda jayda ho gaya tha mere liye.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Hey u even mentioned it hilarious. Well I agree but the scenes where I'm supposed to laugh I felt like eeeeeeeekkkksssssss....

Its not gore only, I've survived, Hostel, Hills have eyes and a few others but none of them showed gore like this....

First scene: Hero's mom pinches on her hand and the puss drops in the man's pudding, and he eats it...

Next scene where I stopped is: He throws the dagger to the nurse, her head broke and started dangling back. On a push it again got back in position and on 2nd push it again previous position........I then couldn't tolerate any more.

U generally recommend good movies, but yeh thoda jayda ho gaya tha mere liye.
I rarely recommend movies buddy. It's only when someone needs them, I post what I feel would be watch worthy. When I was recommending this movie, I kept Psychosocial's mind set for gory movies. AFAIK, he enjoyed the movie & so my post served it's purpose. I can't really judge what everyone's taste is & can't really force anyone/everyone to watch it either. You need to know how much you can handle & decide what's watchable or not. Frankly, this movie was supposed to be like Evil Dead: Army of Darkness, which was funny & spooky at the same time. The only difference being Braindead had insane amount of gore.

Hostel isn't remotely gory. Braindead was epic when it came to sheer bloodbath & funny ass scenes. It's Peter Jackson classic afterall. I agree it's repulsive on a lot of occasions, but that again depends on how much your gore you can handle. I, personally enjoyed the movie & so did a lot of other crowd over IMDB as well. It's a 90's classic cult movie. There are lot of funny scenes in the movie. Like the scene where a Priest starts a kung-fu style ass whooping on the zombies. That is downright hilarious. :lol:

If you think the above mentioned scenes were puke-ish, then you can't even fathom what you have in the latter half of the film. ;-)

Krow

Crowman
The Prestige [2006] : 9.86/10
Was my 4th film today! :)
A salute to all those who loved it. C. Nolan rocks! I sure m watchin Batman Begins, now that I'm a fan of The Dark Knight and Memento!

@ rhitwick I get what u say when u mention Dark City and Matrix. I feel that comparing is just not worth it. Dark City is the classic, underplayed Noir flick (no exaggerations even in the movie), while, somewhere I feel that Matrix has been blown outta proportion, now that Ive seen both.

Krow

Crowman
Strange Days [1995] - 8.26/10
Frenzied exploration of how technology affects man! Ralph Fiennes is amazing.

PS - Saw this yest nyt. Saw FIVE films in 24 hrs yest. :mrgreen:

jxcess3891

Evil mind
saw 3 gud movies last week:

1. Thin man (murder mystery)
2. Dazed & Confused (a comedy showcasing the wild side of the 70s)
3. Escape from Alcatraz (similar to the shawshank redemption)

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
@Techalomaniac Yeah strange days was a great film. It was made about 15 years ago, and it is still relevant, which is tough for a tech-film.
The movie is about a Virtual Reality environment where you are allowed to record and playback all sorts of human expiriences, and how this technology is abused.

Krow

Crowman
@Techalomaniac Yeah strange days was a great film. It was made about 15 years ago, and it is still relevant, which is tough for a tech-film.
The movie is about a Virtual Reality environment where you are allowed to record and playback all sorts of human expiriences, and how this technology is abused.

Apparently, u a sci-fi fan too. Btw, yeah, very relevant even today. I feel somewhere that its timeless. The theme speaks not just about SQUID being (ab)used, but is a generalised prod in the back, prodding at all that is tech. Be it Dynamite\Atom Bomb\etc.

Nithu

I'm in 3D Grafix world!!!
Yes, i'm gonna say the name of the movie... Yes, its really funny... Yes, its really nice... and Yes its "Yes Man" - 9/10.

Krow

Crowman
Yes, i'm gonna say the name of the movie... Yes, its really funny... Yes, its really nice... and Yes its "Yes Man" - 9/10.

Especially the last scene.

Tron [1982] - 8.03/10
Full marks for imagination. Hehe... Even programs have a nice smooch once in a while! :lol:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
well, how is 'gone baby gone'? Just completed watching 'Man from the Earth' the best science fiction movie i have ever seen...

BTW, the statements that the lead character makes in that movie indirectly says some thing on Jesus. is it correct?

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ you got my point wrong. The context of his words are the Jesus is not a extraordinary person but a person who has heard the teachings of Buddha. Is this true?

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^^ The Lions are quite creepy.

Try watching The Man From Earth with subtitles to not miss small details. Each conversation is a gem!

Top Bottom