Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^The trailer is amazing... Brad Pitt as I have never seen him before, probably will be his best film. Meet Joe Black being the possible exception.

Krow

Crowman
@Techalomaniac: You understood Primer on the second go? Wow. Like Primer, if there are any 1337h4xx0r film that uses real language, real tools and lengthy screencapture sequences? now that would be something.

I havent watched it a second time yet! I hope I understand and lyk it double on the second go. Real Language/Tools in any other film would be a dream come true, although i doubt if any other competent filmmakers would also be [wo]men of science [not talking about u, Mr. Carruth!]! But the more I think about it, the more Primer makes sense. Time Travel won't be as simple as so many sci-fi stories seem to indicate. This was somewhat like a "Butterfly Effect". I think everything started to change after he forgot the cellphone in his pocket. Anyway, no further comments until a second watch.

PS : I'm gonna watch the Butterfly Effect too.

A Boy And His Dog [1975] - 8.47/10
Unique concept, unique movie. Reminded me that Sci-Fi need not always be about Grand spaceships/aliens/humanity-under-threat. A very simplistic movie, well-made because the director doesn't grow too big for his own boots.

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
Finally managed to watch The Dark Knight ..... insanely awesome movie but somehow i liked Batman Begins more than dark knight !!!!!

Lucky number slevin ----10/10

angie

At last the devil is here
maybe this had been posted previously...
but has anuone watched 'John Tucker must die'
awesome comedy 10/10

fieldgunner

Broken In
Another 10/10...

Movie called 'Pan's Labyrinth' or 'El Laberinto del fauno'
Its a spanish movie available with subtitles in english... i dont know if there is a dubbed version around...

If anyone has seen it, they will agree that this movie stays with you long after it's over...

A must watch for any film buff...you wont regret it...

angie

At last the devil is here
prestige is 10/10 movie... exceept for the acting of christian bale... i dont like his acting very much...
The movie is about magical tricks and based on logic unlike The Illusionist.
Story isn't that great but presentation is top-notch. The very first scene is classic which is repeated at the end. One of my all-time favorites. Is in IMDB top 250 list too.

fieldgunner

Broken In
For all Sci-Fi buffs---

"The Man from Earth"

250,000,000 / 10 really!

No spectacular graphics/stunts/action sequences...
95 % of the movie is just people sitting around in a living room and talking...thinking man's SF...

But it is a sci-fi/mystery movie that will completely blow your mind...guaranteed.

If you plan to see it do yourself a favour and dont google/ imdb it... if you bump into the tiniest spoiler, the movie will be wrecked for you...

cheers!

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^ totally agree. One of the most amazing movies ever made!

My next movie will be Sankat City. Heard some good reviews.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Can anyone know where to find Salvador (Puig Antich) 2CD English Subtitles...As this movie is recommended here & now I am stuck with it.

If anyone have it please PM me,

Tried open sub,but can't find - this movie is 2006 one not 1986 one.
Thanks In advance.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Completed watching "The Prestige".man, I can't believe that I really missed this film. I must be a n00b. Just completed watching. One of the best movie i have ever seen. HATS OFF....

BTW, suggest me some heart touching movies. What every may be the genre.

Top Bottom