Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

fieldgunner

Broken In
Heh... quite a nice "man from earth" fan club we have running here now...;)

Anyway, thanks to all who recommended "Dark City"... It was totally worth it to watch.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Hey a_medico, can you give a list of brainF*s?
there used to be a wikipedia page for that genre, then it was moved or something. Not sure if exIstenZ and Pi qualify, but they sure were great. Also, check this site out: *www.synclinefilmstore.com/index, has a lot of Indian Short film gems.
And considering the number of cinema buffs out here, wanna start a thread for short films, and screenings in the city and around the country?

Krow

Crowman
Hey a_medico, can you give a list of brainF*s?
there used to be a wikipedia page for that genre, then it was moved or something. Not sure if exIstenZ and Pi qualify, but they sure were great. Also, check this site out: *www.synclinefilmstore.com/index, has a lot of Indian Short film gems.
And considering the number of cinema buffs out here, wanna start a thread for short films, and screenings in the city and around the country?

eXistenZ - 9.82/10
Are we still in the game:?:

For Indian short films, there a couple I'd like to suggest :

Birju - Heeraz Marfatia
Right Here Right Now - Anand Gandhi

I cant find 'em anywhere though! :-x

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Right Here Right Now was that circular thing with just two shots right? Two really long shots... that, or seen another Anand Gandhi film.

Krow

Crowman
^^ Yup. 'Twas pretty cool! Someone said that he practiced walking reverse on that route for 28 days with camera and 2 months without it before he actually filmed the movie!

Nithu

I'm in 3D Grafix world!!!
"The Man from Earth" - 9/10

Just like everyone has said, its really a great movie with no special effects, pure sci-fi movie. You have to open your mind to understand the whole movie.

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
No problem. you'll know that before the 15th minute of the film. Not a big deal. He might have spoiled only two things..

Last edited:

Rahim

Married!
After 'A Clockwork Orange' Club and now 'The Man from Earth'. Seems kids are growing more mature every passing day :D

Krow

Crowman
The Man From Earth : 9.99/10
Beautiful. I join the fan club gladly. Anyone interested in the religious part (vamsikrishna919, was that you???), watch Zeitgeist. Corroborates it. I especially liked the part where he talks about science generating from art. Overall, the movie is just beautiful. The crowning moment is the unbiased nature of the whole tale. Just can't say enough!

Nithu

I'm in 3D Grafix world!!!
Last edited:
Top Bottom