Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Krow

Crowman
Cypher [2002] - Vincenzo Natali - 7.58/10
All the gadgetry irks me especially after seeing The Man From Earth! A good flick, considering the fact that i didnt know who was friend and who was enemy for most of the movie!

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Any suggestions for good family entertainers?
Home Alone
Groundhog Day

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL(perfect to watch with family)

Marley and Me (if you have a dag)

All those Animation Films(WALL.E, Finding Nemo,Ice Age....you know)

check out the pg movies!!

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Sankat City - so-so again. Dunno why it was so heavily praised by the critics.

Departures - Some movies are more than just movies. They change your ways to look at life to some extent. Eg. Blood Diamond.

Departures is one more in that category. It was official Japanese entry for Oscars in Best foreign language movie this year. Very innovative script and direction. Don't miss this one at any cost!

Edit - Just played IMDB. Departures is not just the nominee. It is the Oscar winner in the Best Foreign Film category!

Please teach me English - Korean love story. Has few funny moments. But average compared to other Korean movies in the same category.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
17 Again 6+1=7/10
(6 because it deserves that, additional one because I enjoyed the movie)

Its Bruce Almighty+Back to the future+Freaky Friday (very tiny part)+Farah Khan (end credits style copied from Main Hoon Na, but Farah did better)

Request: How about making this sticky? If jokes thread can be, then it deserves to be!!! Say what mates? :rolleyes:

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
I don't know if it has been recommended before, if not, I'd recommend - The Hangover (2009) 10/10 (am serious).

If guys have'nt seen this movie; you are missing something in life :).

Krow

Crowman
The Quiet Earth [1985] - 9.82/10
Is pretty obscure (couldnt even find english subs!), but nonetheless, it is damn brilliant. About a man who wakes up to discover that he's the last man on earth. The approach to this concept is amazing. If u watch it, remember the initial shot and notice the 2nd last shot. Life comes a full circle. Overall - absolutely brilliant!

fieldgunner

Broken In
^ sounds like "I am Legend" which imho was 7.5/10...

Also, if anyone is interested in comics, a similar story exists in the series 'Y-The Last Man', Vertigo Comics...in that, the women all survive! Poor guy!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Forgot to mention....
Armageddon 9/10

There were a lot of movies with world at its end, there will be a lot of movies on the same topic, but none can overtake this...this is epic......

ajayritik

Technomancer
Home Alone
Groundhog Day

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL(perfect to watch with family)

Marley and Me (if you have a dag)

All those Animation Films(WALL.E, Finding Nemo,Ice Age....you know)

check out the pg movies!!
what do you mean by dag mean? Is that a new slang for Dog?

Top Bottom