Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

fieldgunner

Broken In
BTW, suggest me some heart touching movies. What every may be the genre.

Watch "Pan's Labyrinth" it's spanish so make sure you get the english subtitles...i have recommended it earlier in this thread. I'm not generally into sentimental movies and i watched this because i thought it wasnt one... but it was, and i dont regret it...and it will touch your heart, guaranteed...

Nithu

I'm in 3D Grafix world!!!
Wall-E = 10/10

Good story and amazing graphics...

The Pink Panther-2 = 8/10

Very funny movie...

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Broken 6/10

Perfect comparison Primer.

Both of the films are same. Boring, made for himself (only director and author) movie. Not for audience. Entertainment Quotient 0. For eg. this is a 1hr 28min movie and first time when something happens (if u count that something!!!) is after u passed 40mins.

Initial a few shots are too long. Eg. our protagonist (or the lady who got much camera focus, screen time and comparatively more dialog) is walking in a subway, u show that for 5 fcuking minutes. Why, why do u do that? Why would I be interested to watch someone just walking, eating, yawning etc. Why so much importance to these minute details? They don't contribute anything but boring the audience.

Even Primer had a proper ending, however twisted that may be, but it had. BUT, this movie even lacks an ending.

Those who loved/understood this movie, my question to them: Who killed whom and why?
Why so many clones? Why there are no police?

ajaybc

Youngling
Shoot 'Em Up :9/10

Over the top action movie.Witty Dialogues.Impossible action sequences.Nice Comedy.Really Really entertaining.

angie

At last the devil is here
For all Sci-Fi buffs---

"The Man from Earth"

250,000,000 / 10 really!

No spectacular graphics/stunts/action sequences...
95 % of the movie is just people sitting around in a living room and talking...thinking man's SF...

But it is a sci-fi/mystery movie that will completely blow your mind...guaranteed.

If you plan to see it do yourself a favour and dont google/ imdb it... if you bump into the tiniest spoiler, the movie will be wrecked for you...

cheers!

Movie is crap dude... The story is completely out of logic... Utter crap.. :)
personal opinion.

fieldgunner

Broken In
Movie is crap dude... The story is completely out of logic... Utter crap.. :)
personal opinion.

i respect your personal opinion, bro...

now which movie here has a 'logical' story i wonder? your recommendation? eg 'the prestige' where a man keeps cloning and killing himself? thats quite logical?

dont get me wrong...i really enjoyed 'the prestige', i thought it was a great movie.

when i go to see a movie, logic is not what i'm looking for. good entertainment, more often than not, is illogical. if you want to see something that is 'logical', the news is a better option, or maybe a documentary... nowadays even that may turn out to be 'out of logic'!

if i was looking for logic, i would never be able to enjoy any movie!

anyway you thought it was crap and 'john tucker must die' was good....fair enough...

MasterMinds

hell boy
Now downloading prestige!
Plz suggest some blood and gore type of movies except hostel and saw series and wrong turn2 and final destination series

Krow

Crowman
Dark City [1998] - 8.89/10
Amazing. Sci-fi Noir Classic.

@ rhitwick Try watching WeekEnd [1967] - Jean-Luc Godard. That would be a classic example of a movie made for "himself". :)

@ fieldgunner Movie added to list bro.

Anyone here seen Gulaal [2009] - Anurag Kashyap. I dunno more than 5 people who've seen it. Everybody saw Dev D, did any1 catch Gulaal (9.9/10)? Offtopic :Has ne1 heard Gulaal's songs? I recommend both the movie and the music. Excellent film-making!

Gonna catch up wid Hangover 2mrw.

Krow

Crowman
What a co-incidence!!! I was watching the same movie yesterday night!!!

Did u like it? Agreed with the Godard bit. Technique is amazing, but i felt as if my brains were being drilled out with a Philips Screwdriver when i tried to understand the movie.

The Hangover - 8/10. I minused one whole point for that idiot of a chinese guy character. Otherwise, ROFLMAO. Alan's mine fav char.

Top Bottom