Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Independence Day: Resurgence (2016) - IMDB - 6.5/10(when seen in IMAX 3D)
It has the special effects but not a good story/acting which was better in the 1996 prequel.Absence of Will Smith was definitely noticeable.

quan chi

mortal kombat
The conjuring 2

I watched this movie in a theater where all rows in front of me were empty. All left & right side seats besides me were empty. two rows behind me was empty. The only 10-15 people (couples mostly) were scattered in the back seats.

Anyways the movie is entertaining there is not much horror in the movie. The best jump scares/the terrifying scenes or the horror elements occurs towards the climax. The story is somewhat predictable (for people who are familiar with these type of movies).But overall its a good movie.

sujoyp

Grand Master
udta punjab was a boring movie ...slow and nothing exciting in it..Acting was good, thats it... didnt watch Raman Raghav yet

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Whatever happened to baby Jane 7.5/10

This classic horror still has some shocks for you. Check out if interested.

The Quiet Family 7.5/10

This a really funny dark comedy. I thoroughly enjoyed this. Has some LOL moments.
Somewhat similar concept used in Tucker and Dale vs Evil (2010) - IMD

- - - Updated - - -

Green Room 6/10

After witnessing a murder, a punk rock band is forced into a vicious fight for survival against a group of maniacal skinheads.---IMDB

Well, the outline sure looks promising for a thriller but it failed to provide any thrill or tension. I noticed now this is a 95 min movie but felt like 120min.

icebags

Technomancer
I am skipping ID-Resurgence ......... got really poor reviews and I am sure I will not like it as much as I would want to. So will wait for Bluray, to see it on my Home Theatre ...

Don't skip it, go see it. Don't go with what others say, see it yourself and judge it yourself. Be the man.

Top Bottom