Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
SnowPiercer ..... wired movie ...... I did not like the movie as much as I would have hoped for, I mean the premise of the last human survivors living on a circular running train for last 20 years ..... for me was a bit far fetched ...... and then the ending .....
They destroyed everything, and the 2 survivors, supposedly Adam and Eve in this case, how are they going to survive in the so very hard conditions that was shown out side the train
........ again a bit far fetched. I could not give this movie more than 6.2/10

The freezing harsh winter has ended. Did you see the bear ? The environment is not so hostile now.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Any tamil guys here?
Your views on this movie Naalu Policeum Nalla Irundha Oorum?
Reviews are not that good for this.

I recently watched that one. Personally I liked the movie. IMO, Far better than VSOP and it has a storyline unlike most recent comedy flicks.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
The freezing harsh winter has ended. Did you see the bear ? The environment is not so hostile now.

^^ No Bro just because a polar Bear can survive does not mean Humans can as well. Did not go well with logic if you ask me. No where in the movie they ascertain that the environment is livable now, else why would the train be still running ...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^ No Bro just because a polar Bear can survive does not mean Humans can as well. Did not go well with logic if you ask me. No where in the movie they ascertain that the environment is livable now, else why would the train be still running ...

Everything would freeze if you remember the opening scene of the movie. At the end they were able to withstand the temperature. The temperature might be conducive to living beings in that area.
There might be several reasons for why train would still be running. People accepted their fate. It was a complete hierarchy where oppressors enjoyed the luxuries and oppressed were kept in dark. Temperature might have become livable only a short time ago.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
It was still freezing cold out side (remember that mans hand got frozen hard....... in how many was it.... 7 minutes) and its not that they crashed at some habitual place, by the looks of it, Middle of no where, no food, no water, no tools or supplies, no survival skills I hardly think they could have survived, symbolically yes you can argue that showing polar Bear meant the environment was habitable but practically even within the movie's context it hardly seemed logical that the two would survive......

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
It's an open ending. You can take it any way you please. May be they won't survive for wrong or may be they will.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Self/less - Though a typical hollywood masala movie - not quite in the league of Tarsem Singh's other movies. Expected more grandeur.

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Spring (2014) - A near perfect blend of horror and romance genre with a touch of sci-fi and mythological elements. If you like any of those genres then you should watch this movie. The pace of the movie is a bit on the slower side though as it takes time to build up to the point from where it finally begins to gradually unravel it's mysteries but when it does it'll keep you hooked until the end given that you've got patience. 7/10

The Mist (2007) - A good horror flick with interesting (somewhat stupid and annoying, but still interesting) characters and tense atmosphere that keeps you on the edge of your seat but with a f***ed up ending which I think was a bit stupid but effective nonetheless. In fact, I kind of correctly predicted the ending when
it was shown that the gun had only 4 bullets left while there were 5 people to be killed.
although I didn't expect my prediction to come true but when it did it was so shockingly hilarious. I'd say a must watch. 7/10

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Any tamil guys here?
Your views on this movie Naalu Policeum Nalla Irundha Oorum?
Reviews are not that good for this.

I just watched this movie the other day, and it was quite good. It has a moral lesson behind the plot may be that's why some didn't like. Arul Nidhi should be applauded for choosing different scripts. Recently all of this movies were fresh, unique and enjoyable.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The Mist (2007) - A good horror flick with interesting (somewhat stupid and annoying, but still interesting) characters and tense atmosphere that keeps you on the edge of your seat but with a f***ed up ending which I think was a bit stupid but effective nonetheless. In fact, I kind of correctly predicted the ending when
it was shown that the gun had only 4 bullets left while there were 5 people to be killed.
although I didn't expect my prediction to come true but when it did it was so shockingly hilarious. I'd say a must watch. 7/10
Yes..Mist is a really good movie

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer

The Ending was the best part of the movie nothing Hilarious about it, infact the ending was so scrutinized that director shot another one with a different out come ... Google for more details ....and when they show
5 bullets and 4 people what was there to predict, it was but obvious .... there's hardly 2 minutes movie left after that.

Top Bottom