Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I have a few leads though not a definitive answer.

1. The East (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. Go through this page and see if anything strikes Eco-terrorism in fiction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes.. The East thanks mate!!

ashs1

Padawan
Birdman - 4/10... Overhyped movie.. I didn't find it good.. At one point, I was wishing that the movie would end quickly. Yep, I found it that boring. Plot is the protagonist finds it that its no longer possible for him to act in movies..he wants to do something meaningful and creative, so he joins theatres....It, somewhat, showcases the true mindset of insecure actors...overall, I'd say skip this If you can..

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
which episode/ of DW is exactly mind blowin ? *s.yimg.com/lq/i/mesg/emoticons7/39.gif

The episodes of season 6 (or maybe it was 5) were great
The ones where they cause a big bang 2 and River Song fails to kill the doctor, Pandorica Opens, and many others. Can't recall all of them :D

Ah, and the 50th Anniversary Special: simply awesome.

Flash

Lost in speed
Machine Gun Preacher - 9/10

It's a biopic, not a story. He's sort of like Oscar Schindler (Schindler's list) and Paul Rusesabagina (Hotel Rwanda), but with a bit of action.

Imitation game - 9/10
I watched The Imitation game yesterday.
Being a computer geek myself. I was literally crying by the end of movie.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
14hrs of flight and 5 movies, not bad, right?

Kung Fu Jungle 7/10

Donnie Yen. Need I say any more?
Don't look for plot, you know it has Donnie Yen and that is why you are watching this.
End of story.

Keeper of the lost causes 7.5/10

Even though the movie has loopholes and unexplained scenarios, this is a must watch thriller. Check this out for sure.

The Manchurian Candidate 8/10

This movie is the result of a very strong screenplay and team effort. Thought it boasts of big names I really can't see any particular character overwhelming others work.
Must watch.

St. Vincent 5/10

Bill Murray shines but movie fails. Nothing new, nothing extra-ordinary just a feel good movie.

Half of "Where eagles dare" and "Dracula untold"
Stopped watching "Eagles..." due to high accent and "Dracula" was to me a typical spin-off formula based movie.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Ocean of an Old Man (2008) - IMDb
it is a hindi movie, but nothing like bollywood or any -wood
slow, painful and moving
beautiful cinematography, even normal, mundane things we see in every day life is shot so well

ashs1

Padawan
Ender's Game : 5/10

Didn't really interest me that much..too far-fetched for me..Acting was average as well..One time watch :(

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ender's Game : 5/10

Didn't really interest me that much..too far-fetched for me..Acting was average as well..One time watch :(

On the other hand I found it to be quite excellent. Ender's Game talks about leadership and the way the child shows it was good. How a person when in charge have to think about team work is aptly shown in the story.

The movie made me think on multiple layers, most of which you can't even decipher in one viewing.
For e.g....
Were all the simulations of games were actually games or not?
What's up with the relationship with Ender and her sis! It seems more than a brotherly love to most.

It was based on a book and I haven't read it but those who have read it says lot of things were not shown in the movie but it was still a good adaptation.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I liked the ending in ender's game, that made the movie worth it, though did not enjoy it too much till that point

Top Bottom